crysis

fightingfi

2[H]4U
is 1600x1200 the highest res in game? i thought it had more than that i guess 2007 was it foe the time? LOL i noticed the game is set in Aug of 2020............lol

is 1600x1200 the highest res in game? i thought it had more than that i guess 2007 was it foe the time? LOL i noticed the game is set in Aug of 2020............lol
idk be nice if we could do 4k.....let me install and check

Can definitely do 1440 as I ran it that way yonks ago. Maybe ini files?

Can definitely do 1440 as I ran it that way yonks ago. Maybe ini files?

I don't know the exact resolutions you can use but they do go up higher then posted, you just need to scoll trough them, the menu is not very clear or helpfull, had similar "problem" last time I played it.

i scrolled and found nothing higher than what i said. Thanks I dont have a 3rd button for my cloak mode anyone how to use it in game?

Did you drag the green bar with the mouse cursor or did you use the mousewheel, because that does not work

strange, i see much higher res, up to 4k

upload_2020-1-11_20-4-58.png

i scrolled and found nothing higher than what i said. Thanks I dont have a 3rd button for my cloak mode anyone how to use it in game?
make sure vsr is enabled and if need be change the res before starting the game? if you want higher then native i would think...i get 4k no problem here....for a 12 years old....dang this game still looks great even compared to new releases

Last edited:
Also be sure to set refresh rate to "highest available" in your video card's control panel, otherwise you'll likely be running in 24 Hz. You can't select a refresh rate in the game because I guess they assumed all monitors at the time would be running at 60 Hz with no other options.

I remember having quite a lot of trouble a while ago to get it running in 4K. Don't remember what the solution was but there definitely is a way to do it.

Speaking of Crysis... anyone remember in the very beginning of the game about 2 minutes after you get control of your character and you come up to the first 3 enemy soldiers that there is a red flare on the ground? I remember even the last time I played that game whether either with my 2080 or since then my 2080ti that I looked down at it when I was close to it and it just chewed up my performance. Not sure if it was noticeable without a FPS overlay like fraps or something showing me, but I remember there was always something about that flair that ate your frames for some reason.

I remember having quite a lot of trouble a while ago to get it running in 4K. Don't remember what the solution was but there definitely is a way to do it.

Speaking of Crysis... anyone remember in the very beginning of the game about 2 minutes after you get control of your character and you come up to the first 3 enemy soldiers that there is a red flare on the ground? I remember even the last time I played that game whether either with my 2080 or since then my 2080ti that I looked down at it when I was close to it and it just chewed up my performance. Not sure if it was noticeable without a FPS overlay like fraps or something showing me, but I remember there was always something about that flair that ate your frames for some reason.
Nope, I remember that. First, after troubleshooting all the crashes I was getting on my shiny new PC during the opening cutscene in the aircraft this was one of the things that stood out to me. Performance was actually pretty good once you go further into the jungle, but those opening moments on the beach gave me a sinking feeling that I wasted all that money in preparation for this game. All over that damned flare.

You can definitely run the game in 4K/60. At least in short bursts. I got it working not long after I got my 2080 Ti.
I think it involved ini edits. Getting 60hz was a total hassle, though. Nothing I saw posted worked for me except hammering ALT+Enter once you actually got into the main game. It takes a while, but eventually 60hz would "stick."
Sadly, no matter what I tried the game was unstable, though. Sometimes it would crash 10-15 minutes in, sometimes 10-15 seconds in. I eventually just gave up on it after the 4th or 5th crash.

You can definitely run the game in 4K/60. At least in short bursts. I got it working not long after I got my 2080 Ti.
I think it involved ini edits. Getting 60hz was a total hassle, though. Nothing I saw posted worked for me except hammering ALT+Enter once you actually got into the main game. It takes a while, but eventually 60hz would "stick."
Sadly, no matter what I tried the game was unstable, though. Sometimes it would crash 10-15 minutes in, sometimes 10-15 seconds in. I eventually just gave up on it after the 4th or 5th crash.
The 32-bit version that you find across all digital platforms is garbage. The 64-bit version from the retail DVD works flawlessly on modern PCs.

The 32-bit version that you find across all digital platforms is garbage. The 64-bit version from the retail DVD works flawlessly on modern PCs.

That's strange. I have Crysis on Origin and never had the issue of it crashing. I had the retail DVD but that was years ago.

I never had any issues with the disk version way back when, but the one I bought from GOG for a couple bucks crashed constantly when I tried to run it in 4K. I probably still have my old disk somewhere, so I'm half-tempted to hunt it down and try again.

You know, maybe Crysis's performance issues were more due to poor coding rather then the graphics? Just a thought.

Back