Crysis Warhead Pre-order $30 Gamestop.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercheeze

2[H]4U
PLEASE DO NOT THREADCRAP. We all know how heated people get when discussing CryEngine2. All I know is I'm going to get this sooner or later and I'd rather pay $30 and get it fresh than wait for the markdown.

Linky

Also, if you are a cheap bastard like me and choose "Value" shipping, use the code SAVER to get it for free.

Edit 1: Amazon now has this deal! $29.99 + Free Shipping! Great deal if you live in a state where Amazon doesn't charge tax! (Thanks Jester FPS!)

Linky

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I love Crysis, just started replaying with 3x GTX 280 SLI very high 1920x1200 4xAA. The most beautiful game ever made!

But won't this be the retail price anyway? I've never known GameStop to mark anything down.

But won't this be the retail price anyway? I've never known GameStop to mark anything down.

AFAIK, other sites are listing $50 retail pre-orders. And GameStop will do pre-order specials from time to time. I got Mass Effect for $39+tax for pre-ordering.

In any case, I'm in. If this turns out to be retail price, I'll just cancel and buy it at the GS down the street.

is it a add on pack? I like Crysis!!! The story of crysis is kind of short. Only took me three days to finish the game..

is it a add on pack? I like Crysis!!! The story of crysis is kind of short. Only took me three days to finish the game..

Only took me 11 hours on delta on my first run...

Ontopic: Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to this as I'll have my gtx280's by then :D

If you can wait for a few more days for the delivery, use "SAVER" promotion code to save on shipping charge.

If you can wait for a few more days for the delivery, use "SAVER" promotion code to save on shipping charge.

Crap! I chose the value shipping. Maybe I can call and have that added.....

Thanks, I'll update the OP.

Well might as well pre-order this, too.
If Crytek gives us Crysis owners some discount then I suppose I can cancel my order.

It's a standalone expansion, but who knows how it compares to the length of Crysis. If it's just as long, $30 isn't too bad, especially if it has tighter code and improved performance scaling. Amazon currently lists it for $49.99.

Is it just me.. or does the dude on the box look like a complete retard with a cat shoved up his rectum?

Newegg wants $37 + $3 shipping. Unless prices go down closer to launch, it's a good deal.

Thanks! I for one really enjoyed Crysis, and $30 shipped is a great price on what seems to be a $40-50 standalone on other sites :D!

Damn, Amazon! Late to the frenzy. How do I cancel a Gamestop order? I'd rather not pay the $2 in sales tax.

Speaking of Amazon, I'm in my free trial of Amazon Prime, but it'll be over when Warhead comes out. If I select the free two-day shipping, will they still honor it?

Damn, Amazon! Late to the frenzy. How do I cancel a Gamestop order? I'd rather not pay the $2 in sales tax.

Speaking of Amazon, I'm in my free trial of Amazon Prime, but it'll be over when Warhead comes out. If I select the free two-day shipping, will they still honor it?

Amazon should honor the free shipping since it's based on when the order is made, not when it's shipped.

Although, you can do an in-store pickup from Gamestop, which may or may not be worth the $2 to you :)

I'd rather save the sales tax. The last time Amazon did two-day shipping, I got it the next day. :D

I will never understand the point of pre-ordering a game unless you live in the woods or something. CC or other stores will have the game on the day its released and usually with $10 right off the top. Hell I only paid $29.99 for Crysis on the day it hit the shelves.

I will never understand the point of pre-ordering a game unless you live in the woods or something. CC or other stores will have the game on the day its released and usually with $10 right off the top. Hell I only paid $29.99 for Crysis on the day it hit the shelves.

Not neccesarily So...

I live in Charlotte, a fairly large metro area and When Mass Effect came out, it took me 3 days to find a copy in local stores.. No one seemed to have it in stock. I tried 3 best buys, 2 walmarts, Circuit City and Target, and a Game Stop. It was either not in yet or OOS.

I was PISSED.

Not neccesarily So...

I live in Charlotte, a fairly large metro area and When Mass Effect came out, it took me 3 days to find a copy in local stores.. No one seemed to have it in stock. I tried 3 best buys, 2 walmarts, Circuit City and Target, and a Game Stop. It was either not in yet or OOS.

I was PISSED.
I live in Birmingham, AL and I first tried to go to CC because they had the game for $39.99 plus $10 gift card. I got tired of waiting for them to put the game out so I went next door to BB. They had just set up the Crysis display so I snagged a copy. BB price matched and took the other $10 immediately that would have been a gift card at CC.

When I got to the car I realized I had actually bought the Special Edition but the cashier hadnt noticed either. So in the end I got a $59.99 game for $29.99. BTW nobody else was waiting for Crysis at either store. ;)

Arrives at your door on release day, no worries about it being out of stock or not received in the store, etc. plus you don't have to drive around looking for it.

Switched my pre-order to Amazon with my current Prime trial for free 2-day, hope it works since it'll expire by the time it ships.

Arrives at your door on release day, no worries about it being out of stock or not received in the store, etc. plus you don't have to drive around looking for it.

Switched my pre-order to Amazon with my current Prime trial for free 2-day, hope it works since it'll expire by the time it ships.
really? I thought it shipped on the day it was released. I know I was playing Crysis several days before most people got their pre-ordered game. Also I just walk right in any store and have never had trouble getting a game on release day plus I usually save $10 to $20 off most pre-order prices. Best Buy and Circuit City are by the grocery store so its not like I spend any extra money for gas. Oh well to each his own. ;)

how are you guys cancelling gamestop order? just calling them up? I'm gonna switch too if amazon doesn't bill card immediately.

how are you guys cancelling gamestop order? just calling them up? I'm gonna switch too if amazon doesn't bill card immediately.

Just go to your order status and click to cancel.

really? I thought it shipped on the day it was released. I know I was playing Crysis several days before most people got their pre-ordered game. Also I just walk right in any store and have never had trouble getting a game on release day plus I usually save $10 to $20 off most pre-order prices. Best Buy and Circuit City are by the grocery store so its not like I spend any extra money for gas. Oh well to each his own. ;)

Glad to hear it's like that in your area. For most people though you can't just walk into a store easily like that, and most don't have a store right next to the grocery, coincidentally needing to do shopping there on the same day. Around here, it's almost impossible to find a brand new release like that in-stock, usually they are sold out or don't receive their shipment until a couple days later depending on the store. I usually recieve pre-ordered games online the day of release or day after depending on shipping method used, since they ship them out a day or two early.

Just go to your order status and click to cancel.

Glad to hear it's like that in your area. For most people though you can't just walk into a store easily like that, and most don't have a store right next to the grocery, coincidentally needing to do shopping there on the same day. Around here, it's almost impossible to find a brand new release like that in-stock, usually they are sold out or don't receive their shipment until a couple days later depending on the store. I usually recieve pre-ordered games online the day of release or day after depending on shipping method used, since they ship them out a day or two early.
well I will put off or move up grocery shopping that week if I know there is a game coming out so I can just make one trip. damn gas prices! ;)

I live in Birmingham, AL

OK, I don't want to offend you, but I would consider living in Alabama as living "in the woods or something." The fact that your largest city in the state has less than 250,000 people in it is probably why you don't have many problems finding new releases.

Compare that to Orange County, CA (where I live) with over 3 million people, Los Angeles, CA with over 15 million people, and San Diego County (my home town) with 3 million people. Seriously, we had more people visit Disneyland over this three day weekend than your entire city's population :\

If someone lives in some rural area, chances are *better* that a local store will be carrying a new release than the 6 gamestops within 4 miles of my house...simply because of the thousands of people who will be trying to buy it at the same time as me. We also have to deal with traffic that makes the 4 mile trip take about 20-30 minutes and our gas over here in So Cal is nearly $5.00 a gallon.

But I really don't understand how you got the special edition for $30 because in BestBuys and CircuitCity's the price is dependent on the SKU and barcode...not what someone manually types into the register...

OK, I don't want to offend you, but I would consider living in Alabama as living "in the woods or something." The fact that your largest city in the state has less than 250,000 people in it is probably why you don't have many problems finding new releases.

Compare that to Orange County, CA (where I live) with over 3 million people, Los Angeles, CA with over 15 million people, and San Diego County (my home town) with 3 million people. Seriously, we had more people visit Disneyland over this three day weekend than your entire city's population :\

If someone lives in some rural area, chances are *better* that a local store will be carrying a new release than the 6 gamestops within 4 miles of my house...simply because of the thousands of people who will be trying to buy it at the same time as me. We also have to deal with traffic that makes the 4 mile trip take about 20-30 minutes and our gas over here in So Cal is nearly $5.00 a gallon.

This post alone sums up why I preorder everything I can. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back