Crysis Warhead *Patch 1*

Ron FTL

[H]ard|Gawd
I was just browsing through game patches and came across a Crysis Warhead patch released today for Crysis wars

Data states:

Changelog
Fixes:

* Fixed: Stand/Prone firing exploit by exaggerating spread of all weapons when transitioning
from standing position to prone position
* Fixed: Inconsistency between the HUD score and the score shown in the scoreboard
* Fixed: Disconnection caused by cheat protection for levels saved by the map downloader

Improvements:

* Improved: Player icon, cross hair and round start messages visibility against bright backgrounds

Updates:

* Removal of online activation (ReleaseControl)
* Support of Linux server
* 64bit version
* Vista Parental Control file

I am mostly excited that they finally added 64bit version.
But, it looks like online activation has been removed.

EDIT: PB still not supported with 64-bit version though... <_<
I wonder if 64-bit binaries are also for single player. Now Downloading....

Hmm nothing about or addressing multi player hacker script kiddie cheats ...disappointing.

Waiting for Wars to update on Steam. Seems to be rather unwilling to do so. Steam doesn't even list the update on its news page.

Hmm nothing about or addressing multi player hacker script kiddie cheats ...disappointing.

They haven't fixed that yet? Wow. I guess its not a big problem to have cloaked flying players with rapid fire nukes.

They haven't fixed that yet? Wow. I guess its not a big problem to have cloaked flying players with rapid fire nukes.

Don't whine. Just adapt. Oh wait, you can't kill them either. lol

Insane. I wish I could mentally project and make cheats think they were poop floating down the pipes. sigh.

Are there any good servers with admins?

To quote the number one response from COD4, Crysis, etc players : 'it sucks '

X2

That is why I quit playing both online. COD4 is LOL-tastic for cheats. Crysis has more than enough suuuuuperstars to make it no fun too.

BF2 is the most cheat free I have seen if it is a vehicle server with admins. Can't aimbot a tank lol.

To quote the number one response from COD4, Crysis, etc players : 'it sucks '

This still doesn't answer why it's a game dev issue if it's a script kiddie enabled client-side hack. PB should be catching it at both levels. The dev's would just be wasting their time recoding the game when PB should just get their act together and start included some non-foolproof client/server side checks.

I agree that PB sucks, but I disagree with the general consensus that online games are riddled with hackers and cheaters.

It only takes one cheater to ruin a server though. No, they are not widespread but they certainly are out there. Crysis is really bad b/c it isn't a "serious" multiplayer.

This still doesn't answer why it's a game dev issue if it's a script kiddie enabled client-side hack. PB should be catching it at both levels. The dev's would just be wasting their time recoding the game when PB should just get their act together and start included some non-foolproof client/server side checks.

I agree that PB sucks, but I disagree with the general consensus that online games are riddled with hackers and cheaters.
Crysis is the exception to the rule then. Its a haven for cheaters. There are a few really good admin monitored servers but their patience with Crytek patching has run out according to their posts on the official forums. Its incredibly stupid easy to hack.
Crytek has their own anti cheat system supposedly that works along side PB. PB is good for catching the easy kiddie stuff but too slow to check files and can be as long as 30 minutes to find a modded file. Crysis seems to have the worse of the hackers out of all the games. Example below from their patch notes from 6 months ago:

"Patch 1.2 – Cheat Protection

The first topic of today is all about multiplayer, cheating and what can be done against it. With the upcoming patch, Crytek’s internal anti-cheat solution is being fully implemented into Crysis. Since release of the game we have been working on this, attempting to get it as effective as possible.

Punkbuster and the anti-cheat solution are able to run in conjunction on one game server, but also can be used separately if needed. Still Crytek recommends having Punkbuster as well as the internal solution from Crytek running on a server in order to reach the maximum possible cheat protection.

The cheat protection we will implement is very configurable for administrators of a Crysis server. With the console variable “sv_cheatprotection” you can chose between three default security levels, whereas three is the highest and recommended for clan matches. Security level one and two are recommended for public gaming."

Things will change when people really get sick of it and stop playing online.
ecstatic.gif

where the hell is the steam patch? i regret buying the steam version now...

Back