Crysis Warhead and 6850@1080="input not supported"

prime2515102

[H]ard|Gawd
I had a 4850 and Warhead ran fine. I upgraded to an XFX 6850 and now my monitor is giving me an "input not supported" message when trying to run the game at 1920x1080 full screen.

I tried the -dx9 switch but it didn't help. I removed the game and reinstalled it and it didn't help. I uninstalled the graphics driver and reinstalled and it didn't help.

Is there any way to change the refresh rate (I think that might be the problem) in Warhead? XFX told me to do that but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.

Is there a known good Catalyst version for this game? I used the same driver as I had installed before (CAT11.8) and tried the newest (CAT11.9) but neither one works.

I tried to post this at mycrysis.com but their forum put up my post with my email address and wouldn't let me use a nickname so I contacted them and they changed it but now I can't sign in at all.

Thanks

P.S. My monitor is an Acer X233H with the latest driver and everything else runs fine at 1920x1080 @ 60Hz

when you unistalled crisis did you make sure to delete the folder in your my documents/my games folder? also you can try deleting the cache files if there are any to see if it solves the problem.. also did you make sure to install all the updates for warhead?

when you unistalled crisis did you make sure to delete the folder in your my documents/my games folder? also you can try deleting the cache files if there are any to see if it solves the problem.. also did you make sure to install all the updates for warhead?

Actually I didn't do that 'cause I wanted to keep my key bindings, but then I did later. I didn't remove the cache files though, I'll start over and give that a try. I was assuming Steam automatically installed the latest patch, I'll try a manual patch first and see what happens. Thanks :)

Frog2 said:
What driver were u running 4850 with?

CAT11.8 (yeah, I kept it up to date, probably for no reason-I haven't seen the 4000 series mentioned in the released notes for quite some time).

Well that was all a bust. I'm gonna try cleaning out the graphics driver and reinstalling again and if that doesn't work I'll jump back a few versions.

No go on all accounts. I'm seeing this problem all over the net with no sure fix. I can't believe Crytek hasn't fixed this...

Here's what I get after using Direct Refresh:

It stays this way whether I set fullscreen or not (either way the mouse doesn't go outside the game screen).

P.S. I can't set my monitor to 50Hz anymore from the desktop so I'm assuming it's trying to run 50Hz (since it worked before). I've contacted XFX again to see if there's a firmware update or something to enable 50Hz support again.

P.P.S. When I use the -dx9 switch I get a black screen (but completely fullscreen) that change about every 3/4 of a second as if it's turning the backlight on and off (probably trying to change something the refresh rate I assume).

Last edited:
Well, I reinstalled Crysis and it works with the -dx9 switch but warhead is still stuck at 1600x900 (or 1050). What a bummer...

This turned out to be my monitor. I just got a new one and both games work fine now (at 60Hz so it wasn't the refresh rate after all). The monitor was the last thing I would have suspected since all my other games work fine at 1080.

Acer tried telling me Windows wasn't configured properly even after I told them I had just re-installed it from scratch. They gave up (through email) and said to call them. Maybe I'll get a another new monitor out of the deal.

Back