Crysis MP Sys RequirmentS???

Hello

According to an article posted by fansite CrysisOnline (linked to Crysis-France), they posted what the lucky few who got to play the multiplayer version of the game were running crysis MP on

System Running Crysis

• Core 2 Duo E6700
• 2 GB of RAM
• NVIDIA 7800 GTX 256 MB
• DX9
• Windows XP pro
• P5W DH Deluxe
• Samsung Syncmaster 930BF

All I can say is wow!

http://www.crysis-online.com/

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babe...?option=com_content&task=view&id=185&Itemid=1 - translated...see Crysis online for more details

they look like required, not recommended, since it says dx9 and Crysis is dx10 game, which would be the recommended but not required.

I don't think that is going to be the minimum. a) Why would crytek showcase their prized possesion on Min b) I believe it says in the article (albiet terrible translation) that the game ran nice and looked "great". Makes me think that this would be an ideal recommended setting under DX 9

but they never said when the epoch was ;) 3yo hardware by setting t=0 to a couple of years in the future :D

No comment.

But yeah I'm sure that's not the minimum requirements for Crysis. As said above, it's looks to be pretty close to an ideal DX9 system.

wow, thats actually not that bad, as long as its not the min requirements.

Well, we know for sure that it's going to run better on nVidia versus the comparable ATi hardware.

ATi (now AMD) has just been horrible recently...

Come on people, read! That are any kind of requirements. It's simply a machine that the game ran on. A 7800GTX min is not "playing well on 2-3 year old hard ware". I would note though, that that 7800GTX seems to be doing a darned good job!

Besides, look at those specs! Why would you have a QUAD core CPU in the requirements but only a 7800GTX GPU? And why would there even be a monitor there?

lol tru it most defininetly will run superb on nvidia, after all the dx10 previews are all on a an 8800gtx

lol tru it most defininetly will run superb on nvidia, after all the dx10 previews are all on a an 8800gtx

I hope it runs well on both... although honestly I think there's no point in saying it will run good on one and not the other...

when we basically have no fucking idea!

I'm pretty sure that all E6700s are quad.

The QX6700 (the Q stands for "Quad") is quad core. The E6700 is a standard dual core.

Back to the topic, as others have pointed out, those specs are more likely the "recommended" requirements, not the minimum.

All we can tell from this, is that the MP demo can run on that system in dx9 and look good.

I don't even know what the big fuss about requirements is anyways. If your machine is less than 3 years old. You should be able to run the game. At what fps and settings, no one knows until we get our hands on the game.

Typically, aren't multiplayer specs lower than singleplayer specs? I thought this happened a lot because devs recognize performance is more important than graphics in MP.

Also, it couldn't have looked that good if it wasn't busting all that DX10 goodness

Typically, aren't multiplayer specs lower than singleplayer specs? I thought this happened a lot because devs recognize performance is more important than graphics in MP.

Also, it couldn't have looked that good if it wasn't busting all that DX10 goodness

MP and SP both use the same engine, so there's no reason for them to be different. They could lower the quality for MP but that would be no different from lowering the quality for SP either. The specs would still be the same.

Also in SP, scripted events and encounters are paced out so your rig usually wouldn't have be overloaded. In MP, you have several player blowing everything in sight at once.

@dj_2004
Ok now that's rediculous. How can a motherboard be a requirement???

Of course, my first thought was a 7.1 speaker, so i shouldn't be saying that :D

@dj_2004
Ok now that's rediculous. How can a motherboard be a requirement???

Of course, my first thought was a 7.1 speaker, so i shouldn't be saying that :D

Isn't the list in the OP just what the people were playing on and not requirements?

"Crysis-France have now posted their own impressions of their Crysis multiplayer experience while in Germany. The system specs of the machine(s) they played on are as follows...

• CPU: Core 2 Duo E6700
• RAM: 2 GB (this is the minimum)
• GFX: NVIDIA 7800 GTX 256 MB
• Mobo: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
• LCD: Samsung Syncmaster 930BF

So the rigs they're using in their offices aren't all next-gen DX10 systems, most of them are last-gen medium to high-end systems. "

Exactly these are requirments, just an idea of what u may ned to run crysis with a reasonable level of graphics fidelity

Those aren't requirements. It's just a list of the hardware that the people playing were running on.

Regardless... Crytek seems to be insistent on proving that nVidia hardware is better for their game than AMD hardware. And given recent resutls from both companies, I'm inclined to agree.

My bad, I meant those are not system requirements.. And I don't think it will nessarily run better on Nvidia. It probaby will run better on ATI, since taking farcry input and adding into crysis is not very hard to do. After since when did the Nvidia, Meant to play the game branding ever mean anyting other than a low quality annoyance when playing a game.
---> Then again I could be wrong lol

I wonder if they were all maxed out in terms of graphical options (as far as DX9 goes), what resolution they were playing at with what kind of framerate.

I reckon the X800/6800 cards from Ati/AMD and Nvidia would be the lowest you would want to go, with a AMD64 Cpu (be it 745 or 939) and a Pentium 4 2Ghz+ Cpu, that is just guessing on my experience with games, you may be able to get lower, like say a 9800 series cards of ATi/AMD but even with the optimization Crytek has put in the game, I again think that should be the bare minimal, with 1gb of ram (2gb recommended).

Hopefully by the time this game is out I will have a FX60 (friggen becoming hard to get :() and 8800GTS 640MB or even the ATi R600 (if it ever gets released) :D.

Haha
That system has some similarities with mine, namely the Graphics card and the Monitor!
I really hope my good old 7800 GTX 256, can run Crysis in all its DX9 glory :)

Back