Crysis, how to get Koreans to speak Korean in any difficultity.

mentok1982

Supreme [H]ardness
When I read IGN's review I totally agreed with them about wanting to be able to get the Koreans
to speak Korean in difficulties lower than Delta (the highest).

IGN said:
On easy, medium, and hard settings they AI will chatter in English so that you know what they're doing. On Delta, they'll chatter in Korean so that you have no idea, which really adds the immersion. It would have been nice to have the option to use the Korean barks in other difficulty levels since there are other ways to make the game more difficult. For instance, on Delta, the binoculars, which usually provide a wealth of intelligence information, don't operate as effectively, the reticule is turned off by default, and there's no warning when grenades are thrown. We'd definitely recommend that anyone who feels they're good enough at shooters to try it, use Delta for that fact. Hearing all of the North Korean army speak in English and constantly call you a Yankee dog can break the illusion. Delta is a challenge, but isn't the same ridiculous challenge that the highest difficulty was in Far Cry. It's definitely doable here. Hopefully Crytek will patch the game to make hearing Korean an option in lower difficulty settings as well.

So I went to the Crysis tweak guide and there it was. An easy console command to make
these Koreans speak Korean!

Crysis Tweak guide.
Page with the tweak. Look right under the Gameplay Difficulty Commands section.

Type the following while in game:
~
con_restricted 0
ENTER
ai_UseAlternativeReadability 0
ENTER

The "~" opens the console, the first command allows you to enter more advanced commands,
and the third command does the Korean language switch. There are spaces right before the
zeroes in those two commands.

I also used the command that allows you to carry all the guns you want. I like be able to
choose whatever weapon I want for each situation.

Thanks for info man. I hate hearing those Korens speak english. Not realistic at all. I don't even get why Crytek would do that. Good find.

Thanks for info man. I hate hearing those Korens speak english. Not realistic at all. I don't even get why Crytek would do that. Good find.

Well, they do it on easier difficulties because it would seem to be easier to fight an enemy when you can understand what they are shouting on the battlefield. I can't seem to find an argument for their logic on that one.

Well, they do it on easier difficulties because it would seem to be easier to fight an enemy when you can understand what they are shouting on the battlefield. I can't seem to find an argument for their logic on that one.

Its not easier to fight an enemy when you know what they are saying?
Wheres the O RLY owl when you need him?

Nice find mentok1982.

any way to enable all the changes of delta (no reticule, no nade warning, etc.) for other difficulties?

Erm, I think you just scrambled my brain. I just said understanding them makes it easier, which is why it's enabled on easier levels. Answering the text I quoted which the poster said he couldn't understand why Crytek would have them speak English...

Erm, I think you just scrambled my brain. I just said understanding them makes it easier, which is why it's enabled on easier levels. Answering the text I quoted which the poster said he couldn't understand why Crytek would have them speak English...

My bad.

Will someone turn the internets on easy mode for me.
:confused:

My bad.

Will someone turn the internets on easy mode for me.
:confused:

He kind of worded it poorly. It does seem as though he says he can't find a reason why it is easier. He should have said he can't find an argument in favor of or against it.

Nice find mentok1982.

any way to enable all the changes of delta (no reticule, no nade warning, etc.) for other difficulties?

Check the tweak guide I linked.

It seems like you want all the things that make Delta difficult except for the smartness of the
enemy. So you like stupid enemies but you want the game to be more like real life...

(My head hurts)

He kind of worded it poorly. It does seem as though he says he can't find a reason why it is easier. He should have said he can't find an argument in favor of or against it.

"I can't seem to find an argument against their logic on that one."

You're right, that would have made more sense. Most people would have understood my meaning though ;) Anyway, back on topic.

I've been playing on delta, but I'd like the binocs to work like they do on other difficulty levels. But I prefer the damage modifiers that seem to be in place on delta, the better AI, and that the KPA use Korean.

I'm playing on Delta, but I played the demo on the easier levels. I don't remember the KPA actually saying anything that was particularly useful. The use of Korean vs. English seems like more of an immersion issue than a difficulty issue.

I've been playing on delta, but I'd like the binocs to work like they do on other difficulty levels. But I prefer the damage modifiers that seem to be in place on delta, the better AI, and that the KPA use Korean.

I'm playing on Delta, but I played the demo on the easier levels. I don't remember the KPA actually saying anything that was particularly useful. The use of Korean vs. English seems like more of an immersion issue than a difficulty issue.

I played the demo on hard and the Koreans do give hints to what they are doing or thinking.
Things like "Did you hear that?" and "Over there, lets sneak up on him".

Could be that you understand the korean's because a delta soldier might know korean, at least it's a plausable reason.

I also used the command that allows you to carry all the guns you want. I like be able to choose whatever weapon I want for each situation.
I can't seem to get thsi to work. I enter
i_noweaponlimit = 1
and it reports back i_noweaponlimit = 0. It refuses to let this setting stick.

Anyone manage to get it to stick?

lotr.jpg

Ah, thanks OP. The Korean accents are so terrible, and they never really say anything useful anyway, besides the standard "Die you American pig!" "Die like a fucking dog!" etc. It gets old, and it takes away from the immersion.

Is there a way to turn off the red highlighting on lower difficulties as well? I'm playing on normal, and I know it's meant to help me spot the enemies, but it looks so unrealistic to have a bunch of glowing red Koreans lounging about...

I look at the grenade info and the red glowing/outlined Koreans as features of my superfantastic supersuit. No loss of realism there for me. I like the binocs on the lower settings as well.
I will definately turn on the Korean speaking though as the die american pig does get old after the 100th time.

Could be that you understand the korean's because a delta soldier might know korean, at least it's a plausable reason.

Nano suit that allows you to change physical attributes about self on the fly to fight north koreans and aliens: Plausable

Understanding the Korean language: Well that's just STUPID :)

I look at the grenade info and the red glowing/outlined Koreans as features of my superfantastic supersuit. No loss of realism there for me. I like the binocs on the lower settings as well.
I will definately turn on the Korean speaking though as the die american pig does get old after the 100th time.

Hmm, that's true, it could just be a suit function.

lol @ Netrat :p
I'll be impressed when they can translate Alien.

I can't seem to get thsi to work. I enter
i_noweaponlimit = 1
and it reports back i_noweaponlimit = 0. It refuses to let this setting stick.

Anyone manage to get it to stick?
Don't use the equal sign if you are entering the command straight into the console.
However if you are entering it into the cfg file then use the equal sign.

Back