Crysis Frames and 169.09 - Post yours! Huge improvement for SLI

dhahlen

[H]ard|Gawd
Pickup my copy today, wewt. Can't wait!

Crysis 32bit on 64bit XP
Vsync Off
1920x1200
ALL HIGH

TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 49.76s, Average FPS: 40.19
Min FPS: 26.99 at frame 1946, Max FPS: 52.63 at frame 97
Average Tri/Sec: -29783510, Tri/Frame: -741041
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.24
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 43.48s, Average FPS: 45.99
Min FPS: 26.99 at frame 1946, Max FPS: 65.84 at frame 90
Average Tri/Sec: -34175956, Tri/Frame: -743042
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.23
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 43.35s, Average FPS: 46.13
Min FPS: 26.99 at frame 1946, Max FPS: 65.93 at frame 80
Average Tri/Sec: -34268584, Tri/Frame: -742836
!TimeDemo Run 3 Finished.
Play Time: 43.55s, Average FPS: 45.93
Min FPS: 26.96 at frame 1957, Max FPS: 67.84 at frame 73
Average Tri/Sec: -34145408, Tri/Frame: -743475
TimeDemo Play Ended, (4 Runs Performed)

1680x1050
All High

Play Time: 47.50s, Average FPS: 42.11
Min FPS: 26.43 at frame 1951, Max FPS: 59.29 at frame 110
Average Tri/Sec: -32855684, Tri/Frame: -780292
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.17
Play Time: 41.40s, Average FPS: 48.31
Min FPS: 26.43 at frame 1951, Max FPS: 77.34 at frame 119
Average Tri/Sec: -37789424, Tri/Frame: -782230
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 41.22s, Average FPS: 48.52
Min FPS: 26.43 at frame 1951, Max FPS: 79.05 at frame 112
Average Tri/Sec: -37908748, Tri/Frame: -781339
!TimeDemo Run 3 Finished.
Play Time: 41.25s, Average FPS: 48.48
Min FPS: 26.43 at frame 1951, Max FPS: 79.05 at frame 112
Average Tri/Sec: -37932784, Tri/Frame: -782389
TimeDemo Play Ended, (4 Runs Performed)

1680x1050
ALL HIGH
SLI OFF

Play Time: 53.52s, Average FPS: 37.37
Min FPS: 21.83 at frame 147, Max FPS: 45.22 at frame 981
Average Tri/Sec: -35304848, Tri/Frame: -944754
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.97
Play Time: 50.71s, Average FPS: 39.44
Min FPS: 21.83 at frame 147, Max FPS: 45.90 at frame 74
Average Tri/Sec: -36821344, Tri/Frame: -933527
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.98

wow, i almost went w/ a SLI mobo, after i decided to upgrade my 975express ASus. But the delay of the new 780i boards pushed me back into intel's camp. Am now rocking with a x38 gigabyte board. Am extremely happy with it (chipset runs ICE cold on stock cooling fanless 39c).

But after seeing those results, it does make my mouth water a little bit... but only a bit.

ok.. so thats sli right?

can you give your results in single card? thats ultra you have right?

I have a bad feeling that my 7950GT's are not gonna be up for the task at all with this game. :mad:

so.. there is a light at the end of the tunnel - looks like I will be able to play high settings at 1920x1200 on 8800GT oc'ed to its max...it should get around ~30fps.. dont you think???
ULtra has 37 average at 1680.. so probably 33-35 at 1920x1200. OCed 8800GT should get 25-30fps at 1920x1200... I HOPE... watercooled and at 750 core...:)
I also still hope that full game that will come out tomorrow will have better results than its demo...

hey guys I'm picking up the game today. I've been out of the driver loop for a little bit. I haven't upgraded my drivers since the last Bioshock drivers were released. Seems like they were releasing new drivers every other week for a while there. Is 169.09 the drivers to have for this game? I have an E6850 at 3.4 and an single EVGA Ultra at 674/1671/2352. I was hoping to play this at 1920X1200 with everything on high and some AA. Think it's doable? I'm thinking I might have to drop it down to 1600X1200. Even with SLI (oC ultras no less) the OP doesn't have what you would call screaming frame rates. Man, talk about a game that brings hardware to its knees.

Could you test the demo on Very high settings? I don't really care what resolution, but I want to see if it's at least playable on very high.

Just a 20 percent performance improvement with SLI? That's terrible, what's going on there?

im seeing a 45% increase but the really important thing is that my minimum frames have doubled. The higher the rez and aa the more the sli will increase its always been like that.

Just a 20 percent performance improvement with SLI? That's terrible, what's going on there?

It is still a beta driver.... they'll be more improvements later.

Also, as odin30 said... the higher the settings the bigger the advantage of SLI

Seems about on par to me... SLI has never been a "Double your performance" kinda thing. I'm sure we will see a bit more eeked out with future patches and drivers though.

Agreed. Crysis simply does not yet take much advantage.. or there is a mysterious bottleneck somewhere. Also it's worth noting the "20%" in this case could mean 5 or 6 FPS. Somehow an extra half dozen FPS just wouldn't make me feel great about spending 100% more on GPU hardware.

I would like to see someone with dual 8800gt cards play at 19x12 and see what those results are.

I get a better constant fps on my system, it feels smoother in all scenarios. Like picking up a weapon and then looking up and over quickly, there used to be a slight hiccup etc. With my system at 1280x1024, High settings Dx10, it's anywhere from 30-50fps, my average is around 42fps. The lowest I've seen it go is around 27-30fps and that's with buildings/shacks blowing up and big gun battles. Before, it used to drop down to 19-20fps (still playable but detracting) so all in time things are only going to get better on both sides (Vista/Nv drivers) as updates are applied :).

This is all in the demo btw, I think the retail copy is slightly faster (i.e. 2-3fps?) from what I've heard.

So from 1920x1200 to 1680x1050 there is hardly any performance difference on high?

With my experience, yes.

But thats probably because I am running SLI Ultras - I think the issue is the textures/memory more than the resolution. I don't see huge jumps from res to res, but when I start to disable features.. thats where I see the large jumps.

However, 40+ fps is fine for me at 19x12 - I'll get home and bench it with 64 bit tonight if I have time, or do a whole run of resolutions/features

I'm playing the retail version right now it's definitely better SLi supported than the demo.

It runs great (40-60 FPS) on all HIGH (1440 x 900) with MEDIUM shadows and LOW Objects.

"Objects" is the real key to getting better FPS IMO. It cuts out a lot of brush, birds and turtles and such that bog the gameplay down. Of course, if you really want super frame-rates, cut the shadows to LOW, and you'll be flying with 8800 GT SLi or the like.

It still looks fantastic and you get MUCH better framerates- Framerates you're gonna need as you progress in the game because it becomes even harder on your system after you get passed the "demo" level.

Also, don't forget to leave the SLi config. in the Crysis profile set to "custom" after you install the 169.09 drivers. I tried different settings (alt. frame 1 and 2, etc.) and didn't realize that nVidia's custom profile works way better.

System specs. in my sig.

Just wondering ho you guys got the retail version of this game when they pushed it back a few days from the release date? I know i looked at a few stores and they said it was pushed back till the 16th. You guys must have some luck running around, can you spare me some?

Yea thats pretty poor. One would really hope the SLi performance increases with new drivers, but hope and what happens can be two different things.

Just wondering ho you guys got the retail version of this game when they pushed it back a few days from the release date? I know i looked at a few stores and they said it was pushed back till the 16th. You guys must have some luck running around, can you spare me some?

A lot of people have downloaded the pirated version even though they have purchased (or will purchased it) to get it early, has been around for about 4 days. Others will of course pirate it only, you can make up your own mind what is acceptable.

No pirating here. I downloaded it from EA and it was released this afternoon. Many don't like the EA downloader. I think it's great....don't have to load CD's into the tray all time.

I'm about half-way through, and i've gotta say.....it's pretty good. The story isn't all that great, but the action is superb. SLi keeps everything nice and smooth and I haven't had a single crash or issue.

The only thing missing is a combat knife. Then it would be perfect. :D

Well, I'm getting off work in a couple minutes and I'm going straight home to load this puppy up. We'll see how I fair on only a single card set-up.

Bought the retail version this afternoon. They were taking it out of the shipping box as I got there. The 16th date from what I've been seeing is from the retailers website, but the BBs and CCs definetely have them now.

I remember when I purchased my EVGA 8800 superclocked ultra about six months ago (I paid just under $600 which at the time I thought was a good deal) I played every game I owned at max settings and my card sliced through them all like lambs to the slaughter. Even Bioschock at 1920X1200 with X16 AA was no match for my card. Well folks, my card has finally met it's equal (or rather it's daddy). Just played about 2 hours of Crysis and I must say this game is every bit as resource hungry as you've read. At 1920X1200with every setting at HIGH with 4X AA my card averages about 25 FPS according to fraps. With 16X AA my FPS drops to about 20 to 21 FPS. With no AA my FPS jumps to about 39, with still every setting on high. To be honest, I played the game with 4X AA and I could live with the 25 FPS. Granted it's not silky smooth but it's definitely playable. And dear GOD does this game look BEAUTIFUL. Just stupid pretty.

Now for god's sake Nvidia, get off your asses and give us a new flagship card already. The software has finally caught up to you and there are stupid people like me willing to fork over the cash for it.

Can you guys please run the benchmark_GPU with SLI on and off in addition to your user experience stories. thanks

Don't forget the release notes mention that the first patch for the game will further improve the app's compatibility with multi-gpu and result in a further performance increase.

Bought the retail version this afternoon. They were taking it out of the shipping box as I got there. The 16th date from what I've been seeing is from the retailers website, but the BBs and CCs definetely have them now.

Damn this place sux!! We are always behind the times haha. For the other guy who say they downloaded it, i would rather have the hard copy because i know if something happens and i need to reformat or something i can just pop that disc back in and load it up in no time. A 7gig download doesn't sound like a fun wait to me.

Damn this place sux!! We are always behind the times haha. For the other guy who say they downloaded it, i would rather have the hard copy because i know if something happens and i need to reformat or something i can just pop that disc back in and load it up in no time. A 7gig download doesn't sound like a fun wait to me.

Backup drive?

But hard copy = multiplayer and LEGAL =)

Backup drive?

But hard copy = multiplayer and LEGAL =)

No I think he means me, dhahlen. I downloaded the game from EA Downloader legally.

I'm too lazy to keep changing CD's when I want to fire up a new game- that's why I like EA Downloader and Steam and such.

yeah i bought the orange box from steam - never will i do that again. Did it for the beta of TF2 though but it was cheaper in the store... plus hard copy is way nicer to have than nothing =P

ANd what if steam/valve go under - what happens to my key and game then? Oh yeah... probably nothing, they wouldn't care... haha

yeah i bought the orange box from steam - never will i do that again. Did it for the beta of TF2 though but it was cheaper in the store... plus hard copy is way nicer to have than nothing =P

ANd what if steam/valve go under - what happens to my key and game then? Oh yeah... probably nothing, they wouldn't care... haha

Actually, I didn't buy into Portal or Team Fortress. I just wanted Episode 2, so I just bought that.

From the good things I am hearing about Portal, I wish I had bought the Orange Box. It was only 15 dollars more if you pre-purchased it.

Why didn't you like your Steam purchase?

Actually, I didn't buy into Portal or Team Fortress. I just wanted Episode 2, so I just bought that.

From the good things I am hearing about Portal, I wish I had bought the Orange Box. It was only 15 dollars more if you pre-purchased it.

Why didn't you like your Steam purchase?

It was $10 cheaper in the store and I would have got a hard copy?

Meh

Back