Crysis Enhanced Edition is now available for free download

erek

[H]F Junkie
Hopefully this is legit

"Ironically, all the aforementioned graphical improvements are what Crytek had showcased for its upcoming official Crysis Remaster. Grass shadows? Check. Screen-space reflections? Check. Better lighting? Check. Not only that, but Crysis Enhanced Edition can – and most likely will – look better than Crysis Remaster thanks to its new high quality textures. As we showcased, the textures of Crysis Remaster are similar to those of the original version. So, unless Crytek and Saber put more effort into it, this free mod will look better than the paid version of Crysis Remaster.

Do note that Crysis Enhanced Edition is around 10GB in size. So yeah, make sure you have enough space before downloading and installing it."

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...d-edition-is-now-available-for-free-download/

Hopefully this is legit

"Ironically, all the aforementioned graphical improvements are what Crytek had showcased for its upcoming official Crysis Remaster. Grass shadows? Check. Screen-space reflections? Check. Better lighting? Check. Not only that, but Crysis Enhanced Edition can – and most likely will – look better than Crysis Remaster thanks to its new high quality textures. As we showcased, the textures of Crysis Remaster are similar to those of the original version. So, unless Crytek and Saber put more effort into it, this free mod will look better than the paid version of Crysis Remaster.

Do note that Crysis Enhanced Edition is around 10GB in size. So yeah, make sure you have enough space before downloading and installing it."

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...d-edition-is-now-available-for-free-download/

I purchased Crysis duing the Steam sale. Wouldn't even start on Win10. Got a refund from Steam. It looks like enhanced is a mod. I think I'm more interested in the Remaster to hopefully just get it working in the first place.

This is a MOD, not the actual game. MODs are typically free, so it's kinda misleading to have it in this forum.

This. Also, it doesn't address the main issue of Crysis, which is it being largle CPU-bound since it's not mulit-threaded and only benefits from higher clock speeds, which is what everyone really wants fixed in the official remaster so that PCs can actually play it at consistent frame rates above 60 FPS at a modern resolution. The whole time I was playing the game, my CPU and GPU utilization was around 30-40% and my frame rate varied anywhere between 30-120 FPS at 3440x1440 on my 2080, but was usually above 60 at least.

After playing through the series for the first time earlier this year, it was a chore to keeping it running on my Ryzen-based PC too, as it kept crashing every so often even after trying every fix/hack I could find online, which most people said to just rename the main .exe to the 64-bit executable and download/copy over the 64-bit game files for it to point to. But I finally got it to run stabily after disabling or turning down some of the IQ settings (forgot what they were.. think maybe AA and one of the motion blur settings), which I'm not sure how that would matter.

Back