crysis demo not available till 27th

dennab205

Limp Gawd
I figured it would be easier just to post a new thread letting people know whats up.

The demo is going to be released officially on Friday, October 26th at 1:00PM (GMT+1). It will be exclusively available for those who pre-ordered Crysis for about 24hours via the EA downloader. On Saturday, October 27th at 1:00PM the demo will be put online for download an all public sites, so keep tracking your favourite fan site.

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10867&p=1

that is bullshit. not you OP, thanks for the info... playing with people's feelings like that is outrageous.

go figure, EA is at it again. They pulled the same shit with bf2

The demo will be available for everyone that already pre-ordered the game, on the 26th of October i.e. today. Everyone will get the demo on the 27th, even if they did not pre-order the game.

Valve did this with TF2 and other games and no one complained. And Valve doesn't even have public demos. If you want to try betas, you need to pre-order the game and suck it up. No public demo ever. So I fail to see how this is so bad, compared to what Valve does.

Seems a lot of messing about for 24 hours, during which time it will probably be leaked/cracked or something along those lines.

It's the uncertainty thats the lame part, they need to make up a date and stick to it, rather than bunny hopping around.

Seems a lot of messing about for 24 hours, during which time it will probably be leaked/cracked or something along those lines.

It's the uncertainty thats the lame part, they need to make up a date and stick to it, rather than bunny hopping around.

It's not uncertainty. It'll still being released on the 26th October.
I agree that they may have been more clear on exactly who could get the demo on the 26th, but it's just 1 day difference and I know I would only download it on the 27th anyway, since the servers on the 26th, would be heavily hammered.

God forbid they delay it by a single day. It's a demo folks, and it's only a day. I fail to understand why people are so mad about this.

The problem isn't that we can't wait another day...

EA should stop messing with us! Yes! I appericiate them releasing a demo, but at the same time they are all about business and are not doing us any favors, if releasing a demo didn't earn them more money in the end they would never even consider it.

If they can't live up to their deadlines they should just say things like.. some time towards the end of Oct. or a few weeks before the actual release or " whenever we want"

that way we don't have to hold our breath....

Seriously... this game had better be freaking awesome or there will be a lot of disappointed poeople out there..........

God forbid they delay it by a single day. It's a demo folks, and it's only a day. I fail to understand why people are so mad about this.

Let me explain it so even a pee brain like you can understand it ....

IT'S CALLED A RELEASE DATE ....
if they're not gonna have it for EVERYONE on the date announced ... then don't fucken announce it ... it's just that simple.

If your boss gives you a date for something to be done & you don't have it by then, does he think it's "no big deal"? Cause most ppl get demoted or fired. The thing w/EA is the way it's always been. They got your (pre-order)money, so GFY(go-fuck-yourself)

The real comdey is that you suckers keep falling for EAs bullsh!t, thinking this game it will be different ... :p

I for one will just torrent the game for free like I do most of EAs titles ... won't feed that troll ever again ;)

Let me explain it so even a pee brain like you can understand it ....
<snip>

It's a demo release date. For a demo, that noone has to pay for. I see no problem with them being a day late, maybe they're prepping the servers for more traffic, to avoid the catastrophe that the CoD4 demo was on Yahoo. If some of the downloaders get it today, that means less rush for it tomorrow.

:D

The real comdey is that you suckers keep falling for EAs bullsh!t, thinking this game it will be different ... :p

I for one will just torrent the game for free like I do most of EAs titles ... won't feed that troll ever again ;)

Keep that up and we'll all be playing Halo 5 on a unified console !

I preordered it thry Gamestop, does that count? Can I download it today?

I don't think so. I looked on ea's website and it says "Exclusive to EA Store". So if you pre-ordered the game from somewhere else you don't get the early beta. That is pretty crappy if you ask me.

Neo

It's a demo release date. For a demo, that noone has to pay for. I see no problem with them being a day late
:D

Well people that paid pre-orders can't get it either, so your logics skewed ... I don't have a problem w/it never coming out ... since that should of been the timeline to begin with ... just be like Valve & say it'll be done when it's done

Well people that paid pre-orders can't get it either, so your logics skewed ... I don't have a problem w/it never coming out ... since that should of been the timeline to begin with ... just be like Valve & say it'll be done when it's done

Last I checked, they didn't pre-order the demo, they pre-ordered the retail game.

Last I checked, they didn't pre-order the demo, they pre-ordered the retail game.

yes they pre-ordered the RETAIL game ... but w/the promise of getting the demo 24hrs before anyone else ... & guess what??

They're NOT getting it @ all ... how pissed would you be if you paid for a promise that wasn't fullfilled? How many hours into the 26th are we now?:rolleyes:

This is the video game industry. Announcements, deadlines, and release schedules don't mean ANYTHING. Hell, they could just "announce" it's delayed by a day and what does it even matter?
This is a free demo and it's delayed by a whopping 24 hours or less. People are just looking for a reason to whine.
Just like every other PC game, this won't affect sales or the chain mall stores racking up dozens of pointless pre-sales.
Games never come out when they're supposed to. Announcing things doesn't mean anything either. It just means someone paid for a press release or even better...they took 5 minutes to write it on a website or say it in an interview.

Are you actually defending Valve, in this sort of situation, when there's a demo coming out, for EVERYONE to enjoy ?

As I said before, they might've been more clear on exactly who would get the demo on the 26th. I agree with that.
But it's still just 1 day you have to wait. It's not Bioshock, where the PC demo was released 1 day before the full game and definitely not what Valve does. You don't even get a demo with Valve.

This is the video game industry. Announcements, deadlines, and release schedules don't mean ANYTHING. Hell, they could just "announce" it's delayed by a day and what does it even matter?
This is a free demo and it's delayed by a whopping 24 hours or less. People are just looking for a reason to whine.
Just like every other PC game, this won't affect sales or the chain mall stores racking up dozens of pointless pre-sales.
Games never come out when they're supposed to. Announcing things doesn't mean anything either. It just means someone paid for a press release or even better...they took 5 minutes to write it on a website or say it in an interview.

lol very true

Are you actually defending Valve, in this sort of situation, when there's a demo coming out, for EVERYONE to enjoy ?

As I said before, they might've been more clear on exactly who would get the demo on the 26th. I agree with that.
But it's still just 1 day you have to wait. It's not Bioshock, where the PC demo was released day before the full game and definitely not what Valve does. You don't even get a demo with Valve.
well with Valve the games themselves are about as long as a demo :p

well with Valve the games themselves are about as long as a demo :p

I can only speak about Episode 1, which pretty much confirms what you said. And as far as I read, Episode 2 is in the same league. So yeah, pretty much :p

But it's still just 1 day you have to wait. It's not Bioshock, where the PC demo was released day before the full game and definitely not what Valve does. You don't even get a demo with Valve.

Well I agree I shouldn't be defending Valve :p

I personally think BioShock was this year bust

Thank God I didn't pre-order Crysis :D
I'd have no hair by now ... :p

Well no ones enjoying this demo ... & as of yet all I get from beta testers is don't get your hopes up. Most tell me it's a generic shooter that has all it's eggs in the visual & none in the gameplay. I'm gonna just wait til next weekend to mess w/it anyways ...

Tabula Rasa is coming out & I was 1st wave beta tester on that & it's gonna be a fun MMO shooter ...

I would have been shocked if the demo had been released on time. Another missed date? Nothing new here. Business as usual for developers/publishers.

Well I agree I shouldn't be defending Valve :p

I personally think BioShock was this year bust

Thank God I didn't pre-order Crysis :D
I'd have no hair by now ... :p

Well no ones enjoying this demo ... & as of yet all I get from beta testers is don't get your hopes up. Most tell me it's a generic shooter that has all it's eggs in the visual & none in the gameplay. I'm gonna just wait til next weekend to mess w/it anyways ...

Tabula Rasa is coming out & I was 1st wave beta tester on that & it's gonna be a fun MMO shooter ...
I have never understood the point of retail pre-ordering anyway. I either get my games through Steam, usually with pre-order discount, or go to Circuit City where they always have $10-$12 off on new release games. this is of course after I have played a demo of the game Im interested in to make sure I like it first. ;)

Does anyone know if fileplanet subscribers will get the demo today? I am the highest level subscriber there and was really hoping to play this game on my friday night off since I have to DJ tomorrow night for a Halloween party. I guess I will end up playing the painkiller overdose demo instead.

People who get extremely irritated at delays are hardcore gamers who truly have a passion for gaming, and an appreciation for everything about it. Hence, they relish the experience more than your casual gamer. Therefore, when something gets delayed, even just a demo, it's extremely frustrating.

That being said, and while I'm one of those people, there has to be a limit to just how far you let it get to you and have an understanding for the fact that this is how the industry is these days. It just continues to get worse, and it's a rarity when anything is released when it's announced it will be released.

Of course, what makes it worse is all the hype and potential a game shows, that's continually pushed in the face of gamers, which makes the waiting harder. But the worse part over all is when it's finally released, and doesn't live up to the hype. Lets hope that's not the case.

People who get extremely irritated at delays are hardcore gamers who truly have a passion for gaming, and an appreciation for everything about it. Hence, they relish the experience more than your casual gamer. Therefore, when something gets delayed, even just a demo, it's extremely frustrating.

Not always, sometimes its just a member of the whiny gimmie-gimmie generation that the interwebs has spawned. There is a difference between having a passion for something and screaming bloody murder, threatening boycots etc... because a game got delayed... key word here folks...game.

Not always, sometimes its just a member of the whiny gimmie-gimmie generation that the interwebs has spawned. There is a difference between having a passion for something and screaming bloody murder, threatening boycots etc... because a game got delayed... key word here folks...game.

QFT... you're exactly right.

It wasn't the "gimme-gimme" (I like that, heh), fruit-fly-attention-span, whiny, immature crowd to which I was referring, though I understand that's what we're seeing far too much of here, and that's what you're addressing.

I was just pointing out the effects on the passionate, adult gamers. Though they're not the ones "having a fit", so they're not the problem. I just didn't bother including the other "My life is over and I hate you all because the game/demo wasn't released." demographic of gamers. Heh.

Though, since that's becoming too much of an issue here, I'll address it in the same way (not that it'll make a difference to those people): relax, it's just a game.

Eh, I can see both sides.

It is just a demo.

Yes, the big bad cooperation screws up again, and still will get paid.

So people will sit back and relax, with the "it's just a game attitude", and some people will pirate the game to extract their revenge.

It's not up to me to judge, but again, I can see both sides.

\shrugs

Fu*k it...I purchased the game and now downloading through EA...33 minutes remaining...currently 680kb download speed

Guess I will be playing the demo come monday. I'm giving my rig plenty of time to prepare before it gets raped.

Just curious how Nv is going to offer a DX10 only dl.
IS this demo dx10 only or did they get some special version of the demo?

Back