Crysis 3 Video Card Performance and IQ Review @ [H]

This game is absolutely georgous.
My GTX 680 SLI is able to pull very high + SMAA 2X at 2560*1600.

Dishonored looks like a SNES game in comparison!
Agree with RadXge, it's the best game since the original Crysis.

Last edited:
Agree with RadXge, it's the best game since the original Crysis.

OMG this game is another linear predictable made for console short interactive movie,barely a video game :)

I adored Crysis 1, decent game, far superior gaming engine.

My GTX 560 Ti is really starting to show its age with this title.

At maximum settings (save for shadows on high) with 2x SMAA and 2x AF, 1600x900/1680x1050 are unplayable. But setting a custom resolution of either 1540x867 or 1483x834 will be very playable and smooth, depending on how strenuous a given scene is. Even with GPU upscaling to 1920x1080 at these resolutions the game is still absolutely breathtaking in places. Figured I'd share my results for those who still own older cards.

Time to start saving for a 660Ti, it seems. Great review as always, guys. :)

I just upgraded from a 560TI, and it was running Crysis 3 perfectly fine honestly. I manually tweaked all the settings of course, but also refuse to run anything at less than 1080p. I set most things to low or off, but had a few of the critical things on medium or high, like textures and shaders. If you're going to upgrade, don't waste your money and get a 660ti, buy a 670 or 680, or just keep your 560ti until 2014-15. I by NO means needed to buy the new build I just got (680 4GB), not that I regret it, but I could have certainly waited for next gen stuff.

One nugget left out of the [H] article. The SMAA 2x MGPU mode is actually a combination of SMAA and 2x MSAA. This is different from the SMAA 2XT mode which is a combination of SMAA and temporal summation. SMAA 4XT is SMAA, temporal summation, and 2x MSAA.

finally just started playing this today and yeah the sweet spot for my gtx660ti is all very high settings except shadows on medium. I decided to just use SMAA on low instead of medium like in the review though.

normally I shoot for 60fps with vsync and just lower settings to get me there but I really wanted everything but shadows maxed for this game. luckily the screen tearing in this game is not bothersome so 40-50 fps is just fine.

Back