Crysis 3 still a pc killer?

So I built a pc this year. It's not crazy powerful but it is a pretty good build and eats up anything I throw at it.... except Crysis 3...

My specs are:

I5 6600
16 gb Ram
2x 970 SLI

I only play at 1080p but for some reason my PC can't handle Crysis 3. If I stand absolutely still in game I can get around 70fps, but once I start moving its just chug city. It dips to 40 and sometimes even lower during fire fights and it's just unplayable for me. I would think that I would be able to play it at a solid 60fps by now.

If you're playing through origin try turning off the overlay, I had issues with it on my amd card but none so far with my 1080 gtx

Was Crysis 3 ever a killer? It was the easiest of the 3 to run at time of release for me, lol.

Disabling the overlay along with a hefty overclock finally did it. Although, I'll have to retry the tanker mission in the beginning to see if that area was just that demanding.

I think Total War Warhammer is pretty demanding on high along with Dishonored 2.

FPS lowerd when there was more work per frame... That must be prof of bad optimization... All those extra polys and textures should have no cost on performance....

It's the inconsistencies. There's an area, before the one I'm at, that was outdoors and much larger and had more enemies/interactibles... etc. Ran pretty stable at 60-58fps. Now I'm in a single room with enemies and the it constantly dips 20 frames.

There's just areas like that in this game where the fps dips no matter what. Lowering settings even to low yield no results.

Was Crysis 3 ever a killer? It was the easiest of the 3 to run at time of release for me, lol.

I think 2 was one of the worst because it had some weird (read: poor) optimization where there was fully-tessellated water under the entire scene at all times, causing the framerate to take a huge dump.

So I built a pc this year. It's not crazy powerful but it is a pretty good build and eats up anything I throw at it.... except Crysis 3...

My specs are:

I5 6600
16 gb Ram
2x 970 SLI

I only play at 1080p but for some reason my PC can't handle Crysis 3. If I stand absolutely still in game I can get around 70fps, but once I start moving its just chug city. It dips to 40 and sometimes even lower during fire fights and it's just unplayable for me. I would think that I would be able to play it at a solid 60fps by now.

I played through Crysis 3 on my AMD Rig (see sig) @ 1080P and I remember getting between 45-60 FPS. My AA was lowered I forget I think to FXAA so try lowering AA and you should be getting way more FPS.

It's the inconsistencies. There's an area, before the one I'm at, that was outdoors and much larger and had more enemies/interactibles... etc. Ran pretty stable at 60-58fps. Now I'm in a single room with enemies and the it constantly dips 20 frames.

There's just areas like that in this game where the fps dips no matter what. Lowering settings even to low yield no results.

Well as long as we agree that you first argument that that FPS drops in open areas is a sign of bad optimizing, I guess we agree right? Your first statement/conclussion was invalid having to change it to explain it shows that.

if lowering settings ( i assume you mean graphical settings like most people when you don't but in propper information on what settings it is) does not yield a improvement in FPS... that not a sign of bad optimization either. it could be CPU bottle neck.

i will almost guess at this time you are going to come back with an answer like " My CPY was only at 40%"... ill explain why that is not a sign of not having a CPU bottleneck then.

That's called SLI. Try messing with drivers.

Reactions: Savoy
like this
I played through Crysis 3 on my AMD Rig (see sig) @ 1080P and I remember getting between 45-60 FPS. My AA was lowered I forget I think to FXAA so try lowering AA and you should be getting way more FPS.

Trying that right now. Seems to give me about 5-10 frames more.

And yeah SLI :p. I might have auto installed beta drivers or something.

Also I'll try to remind myself not to respond to the trolls next time.

Back