Crysis 3 - Single Player Gameplay Preview

Man, that shit looks freaking AWESOME, can someone please buy me a bad ass top of the line PC so I can play that? :)

Man, that shit looks freaking AWESOME, can someone please buy me a bad ass top of the line PC so I can play that? :)

It really did look nice and fun. Although not really sure how the aliens are gonna fit in there(unless they are gone now, never really understood the ending in Crysis 2 since I only played the first 2 and the last mission :D)

I think it looks pretty cool. I've never played multiplayer Crysis (1 or 2), so single player is good for me. This looks decent.

It really did look nice and fun. Although not really sure how the aliens are gonna fit in there(unless they are gone now, never really understood the ending in Crysis 2 since I only played the first 2 and the last mission :D)

I have actually played none of them. I think a I4004 powered calculator has more horse power then this cheap ass PC I'm having to use. Being poor (for now) sucks ass.

Looks awesome, but I'm a little hesitant to get this any time soon. Crysis 2, for me, has had more game-breaking bugs than any other title I can recall in recent memory. First, it was an issue where trying to pass into a cutscene transition was completely broken, causing me to be unable to continue in the game. I tried to revert back to the beginning of the level, but that didn't fix it. Had to restart the game. Now, I managed to get past that, but there is a bug where you are unable to keep more than one magazine worth of ammo in your main assault rifle. Apparently this bug has been known since release, and even after almost 10 patches they still did not fix it.

My faith in Crytek is not real strong at the moment.

The story sounds a little boring and the gameplay looks decidedly mediocre......

My friend was at my house and pirated Crysis I, to see it run on my machine (because his couldn't). I played the game, beat it, and then I went to the store and bought the game plus the expansion

I didn't play or buy Crysis II because it was a crappy console port.

I wonder if they will continue to turn their nose at the PC community?

Eureka! Someone earlier asked, in another post, why all the talk of the recent supercomputers. This is why! Crysis 3 is being released soon!

Well it looks better than anything that we've seen out call of duty lately. Maybe when it goes on sale.

Meh... another FPS. I guess I'm just over the run and gun type game for the past decasde. Really wish all that effort and eye candy tech were put into something wholly new and original. To me at least, the genre has played itself out many times over now. No matter how much you increase the fidelity of the visuals and the environment interaction/physics, the base game mechanics all still remain the same.

Really would like to see something like a full-up modernization/expansion of Masters of Orion - but with today's full-on graphics tech, AI, lots of increased focus on exploration, perhaps some world building elements, multiplayer options, etc.

I'm looking forward to this, I loved the crap out of the Crysis and Warhead. I started off not liking Crysis 2, but after about 2 hours into the game I really started Enjoying it. Now after seeing this video, I think I'm going to reinstall it and play it again.

Meh... another FPS. I guess I'm just over the run and gun type game for the past decasde. Really wish all that effort and eye candy tech were put into something wholly new and original. To me at least, the genre has played itself out many times over now. No matter how much you increase the fidelity of the visuals and the environment interaction/physics, the base game mechanics all still remain the same.

Really would like to see something like a full-up modernization/expansion of Masters of Orion - but with today's full-on graphics tech, AI, lots of increased focus on exploration, perhaps some world building elements, multiplayer options, etc.

Note I have just about no clue about such games, but is not Eve kind of in that direction?

As for that gameplay - looks a lot better than 2 but lol that is not saying anything. Sort of like a mix of 1 and 2 with slightly more 2 in it? Hope it does not suck shit.

My four year old cousin could play that game better than whoever was at the controls there. Showing exactly how bad FPS games are with a console controller and then taking it to a new level of coma like awareness ruined anything good about that video.

I'm sick and tired of how alike these FPSs are nowadays. Crysis 1, designed for the PC, was not perfect but at least it had the illusion of being semi-free roam. Now C2 and C3 look just like CoD with a different HUD. It's over designed, almost indistinguishable from the hordes of FPS games we had in the last few days. Nothing feels like it's at stake, nothing feels new. It's just a clone of the FPS franchise, an evolution, rather than a revolution. Tired of this console stuff.

GTA V might not look super amazing but it doesn't try to be "hard" like where these FPSs are going nowadays. Yet the GTA trailer is 1000x more exciting. Maybe Crytek could try to make a new type of game and forgot about just doing CoD-like shooters. They got the tech, but do they have the design?

Plan to check it out once I'm at PC. But I suspect it will be a big disappointment like crysis 2.

Crysis 1 MP was amazing.

So the Psycho here is the same one from Crysis/Warhead? Dang, they totally changed his character. If he's still fine, then where the heck is Nomad?

Yeah..You wish..lol Me too..but my expectations are realistic.

I'd rather bash my head into a wall than watch another Michael Bay plotless, characterless, explosion fest. That'a like wishing for more prequel Star Wars.

I didn't play or buy Crysis II because it was a crappy console port.

That is your problem. I believe they did put smaller city maps in so consoles could run it, but it was not a bad port from a technical perspective. It ran and looked great in DX9 and the DX11 + HD texture pack made it look even better.

Inferior game to Crysis 1/Warhead aside from graphics and animations though still good.

That is your problem. I believe they did put smaller city maps in so consoles could run it, but it was not a bad port from a technical perspective. It ran and looked great in DX9 and the DX11 + HD texture pack made it look even better.

Inferior game to Crysis 1/Warhead aside from graphics and animations though still good.

First of all, compare to Crysis 1, it's not great looking at all..

DX11 is just crap with massive unnecessary tessellation. Their HD Texture pack is far worse than the mod from community.

Still no removal options in game for hud, full HD, Crosshair removal? The crossbow is fucking gay in a modern advanced shooter involing nano suits....wtf. Graphic wise i am sure it will be impressive. everything else looks weak.

2560X1600 @ 16x AA Is the mission.....^ only 1920x1080 2x/4x 4 x being not playable fully on this setup with 3 5870;s slow processing speed and memory limits....we need over 20GB video memory.

Also is that suppose to be a crossbow? Looks like a regular bow to me. Anyways, not much else out there that is going to be deadly silent than a bow. Still too much mechanical noise from guns, even with a decent suppressor. Not to mention muzzle flash.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Crysis 3. Main reason, single player. Sick of games like CoD that give you 1 hour of single player and the rest just multiplayer. Feels like I'm paying $60 for a candy bar and a kick in the nuts. At least give me freaking 8 hours of gameplay. I haven't gotten Halo 4 yet, but that's cause I don't have my 360 here at the hotel.

I wonder how crazy Crysis 3 would of been if Crytek would of stayed ahead of the generations (Crysis 1 at its time) instead of catering to the masses.

Crysis 3 on modern day PC hardware. Could of been mind blowing with what they could of done.

Not to say that Crysis 3 looks bad, it looks amazing but imagine what it could of been in respect to today's PC specs.

I love the the setting and graphics look good as well. Gameplay, though, now that sucks. Some freaking tower announces your name and its status to YOU, all while shooting at you.

It's just a kiddy game for consoles :(

What's with the poor water animation when the guys get electrocuted? Didn't look as dynamic as Crysis 1 even....

Back