Crysis 3 Official Trailer

Go make a company. Then, survey America and do one based on what system people play games on. When you get the results are:

XBOX: 1st
PS3: 2nd
Smartphone: 3rd
PC: 4th
Graphing Calculator: 5th
Mac: 6th

Go ahead and create a game just for the Mac. Make sure you pour 5 years of time into it and hire on 200 people. Let me know if you go belly up.

It's a company people. They are in it to make money. Sorry your feelings are hurt.

And don't shoot the messenger of this. I love PC gaming. I think it looks better than what any console will ever be capable of producing, but they are in it for the cash.

Nothing really stopping them from making the game with a good PC focus then shrinking it down to consoles though. Console players will play more or less anything that's put in front of them that's got a 20 million dollar marketing campaign behind it. The POS Medal of Honor reboot sold something like 3 Million copies, and Homefront did similar numbers.

I liked Crysis 2, but felt that they sort of just ignored everything that happened in the first game and Warhead. None of the same enemies or situations, nothing. Zero continuity. It's like the original Crysis doesn't exist, which pisses me off.

I always find it funny that people would pay for a game that looks great put plays like shit instead of a game that plays good and looks ok. I'll take gameplay any day of the week over graphics, once they fix gameplay THEN they can work on graphics.

I don't know why, but I don't get nearly as much satisfaction shooting aliens and machines. Bring on the Korean's again or any other human demographic and have a much better experience.

I was about to say something similar. Looks like robowars and is very boring to me. The graphics go without saying; nothing new.

why are they calling this crysis 3? It's obviously just an expansion pack to crysis 2. I was sort of hoping for something in a totally different environment, like antarctica, peru, outer space, middle earth, farmville, etc.

"We want to make sure as much as is humanly possible can translate from a DX11 variant into a DX9 variant, that will work almost as good on an Xbox console to whatever extent we can, because we don't want the experience to be different between the platforms," Rasmus Højengaard, director of creative development at Crytek, told Eurogamer.

/MAXIMUM CONSOLE PORT!

Go make a company. Then, survey America and do one based on what system people play games on. When you get the results are:

XBOX: 2nd
PS3: 3rd
Smartphone: 1st
PC: 4th
Graphing Calculator: 5th
Mac: 6th

Go ahead and create a game just for the Mac. Make sure you pour 5 years of time into it and hire on 200 people. Let me know if you go belly up.

It's a company people. They are in it to make money. Sorry your feelings are hurt.

And don't shoot the messenger of this. I love PC gaming. I think it looks better than what any console will ever be capable of producing, but they are in it for the cash.

Fixed that for you..The mobile market has surpassed consoles and even hand held devices (3DS etc) combined..I read an article yesterday from Nvidia that claimed smart phones would surpass current gen consoles (graphic wise) and knocking on the door of the next gen by 2015 @ the latest..

Crytek had such promise with their work in FarCry, but we all know how terribly they screwed up FarCry 2..The only part I liked about that game in the hour I played it was setting the damn grass on fire:rolleyes:

"We want to make sure as much as is humanly possible can translate from a DX11 variant into a DX9 variant, that will work almost as good on an Xbox console to whatever extent we can, because we don't want the experience to be different between the platforms," Rasmus Højengaard, director of creative development at Crytek, told Eurogamer.

So no actual DX11 then.

With other games offering better experience on the PC, I see no reason to get this steaming pile of turd where the dev. insist on dragging down the PC experience down to the console level. :rolleyes:

The interview sounded like they only care to make the game look good on consoles.

At least they brought back the jungle/vegetation theme and Prophet.

I suppose it would be to much to ask for open world maps, non-linear gameplay, and dropping the horrible rush/defend checkpoint levels.

Fixed that for you..The mobile market has surpassed consoles and even hand held devices (3DS etc) combined..I read an article yesterday from Nvidia that claimed smart phones would surpass current gen consoles (graphic wise) and knocking on the door of the next gen by 2015 @ the latest..

Crytek had such promise with their work in FarCry, but we all know how terribly they screwed up FarCry 2..The only part I liked about that game in the hour I played it was setting the damn grass on fire:rolleyes:

NV's estimate assumes consoles won't get updated before then, and there's obviously a ton of headroom to improve the current consoles even if they don't go balls out with hardware/cost (Sony probably won't make that mistake again, tho they'd get better bang for the buck these days either way).

Also, Crytek had nothing to do with Farcry 2, that was 100% Ubisoft I think. They actually came up with Crysis because they lost the Farcry franchise. Not that it changes much, but still... Oh and I actually enjoyed FC2 (more than Crysis anyway).

I don't know why, but I don't get nearly as much satisfaction shooting aliens and machines. Bring on the Korean's again or any other human demographic and have a much better experience.

Didn't like Crysis 2. Gun mechanics are spray based and the levels felt like a rail shooter.

Playing that game felt claustrophobic with your character fumbling with all his guns incapable of shooting straight.

Aren't those systems coming out at the end of 2013, beginning 2014? If so it would make more since to delay the game 6-10 months to have it launch on those consoles. They would really be able to show what their engine can do.

Showing what the engine can do, and making game mechanics gamepad friendly are two different things.

The interview sounded like they only care to make the game look good on consoles.

The last time they went balls out for the PC (Crysis 1), PC gamers whined because it wouldn't play at high settings on their dual 6800GTs.

The last time they went balls out for the PC (Crysis 1), PC gamers whined because it wouldn't play at high settings on their dual 6800GTs.

And also pirated the heck out of it... Either point would've been irrelevant if the game were actually memorable in some way other than eye candy.

Once i installed the DX11 and Texture pack for crysis 2, put it on ultra, and played it on my CF 7970s it was fun for me to play, and a lot of eye candy. I uninstalled the game on release but came back to play it and really enjoyed it. that was at 2650 so i literally forced every bit of graphics power out of it i could. It's not even playable with 1 graphics card at that level. Just check guru3d when they overclock anything, they use crysis 2 hi rex dx 11 to bench it, the 2560x scores should blow your mind.

I'm not going to expect crysis 3 to be the greatest thing ever, but it will be 5-10 hours of arcadey entertainment. Besides, when you get bored, just put on stealth mode and run through the game to completion like you did in crysis 2.

omb

The fact that any platform will have a demographic of incredibly ignorant users cannot be avoided. Fact of the matter is that Crysis was truly ahead of its time from a graphical perspective, and it still a damn good looking game 5 years after release.

And also pirated the heck out of it... Either point would've been irrelevant if the game were actually memorable in some way other than eye candy.

Funny story, Crysis 2 across all platforms sold roughly the same number of copies as the PC exclusive versions of Crysis 1 and Warhead.

More and more the only reason I find to buy new video cards is less power consumption = less heat. For a single screen (24" or less) performance is for practical purposes topped out at the top end of the video card spectrum.

Funny story, Crysis 2 across all platforms sold roughly the same number of copies as the PC exclusive versions of Crysis 1 and Warhead.

I'd say Karma's a b***... But its really not even that I guess, NY Crysia 2 everyone was probably over the hype and ssaw the game for what it is.

Man, the old iD games only had a semblance of a story (in the manual, at best) and gameplay was always simple, but at least they were plain out fun.

Back