Crysis 3 Crashing - Help!

Arthur Hucksake

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

Loaded up Crysis 3 for a blast this afternoon, got to Welcome To The Jungle and the part not long after the the tower and bam..... Crash city.

I played to this far the other day and didn't have a single issue.

First I had a solid hard lock but could still alt-tab / task manager.
Next load up I get similar but a usual crash to desktop.

Everything else has been great so this has thrown a spanner in the works. Anyone experienced issues with this one?

Figured it was my mild Titan over clock to blame so I removed that and it still does it.

For the CTD. This "The program crysis3.exe version 1.3.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel."

When it just freezes solid, I don't get any errors but I can alt-tab no probs. It's so strange.

Nothing has changed system wise since the other day.

Just doesn't make any sense.

20 passes IBT fine, left Unigine Valley running for awhile no prob, played Tomb Raider for over an hour, then 5 or 10 mins in this damn game has only just decided to be an issue.

hmm for single player im not sure

but i know i was trying to play multiplayer and my game kept crashing.
eventually figured out that my pc clock was set to the wrong date. changed the date and time and no more crashes.

Are you using any OSD software? May need to disable it, Prcesion and Afterburner OSD sometimes cause games to crash for me. D3D Overrider may also cause some games to crash.

Are you using any OSD software? May need to disable it, Prcesion and Afterburner OSD sometimes cause games to crash for me. D3D Overrider may also cause some games to crash.

It could be that. I did have Precision running.

Thing is, I got it working ok last night again. Reinstalled then I deleted the last meta and csf save file data for the checkpoint and the game then worked when I loaded it back up.

Not sure which was the fix of the two.

Just relieved. No longer feels like it's a hardware fault.

Last edited:
Back