Crysis 3 50% off WTF

WOW!
Shouldn't that be the regular price for this game anyways though...:cool:

I'd grab it, but my money (all $60 of it) is going to something much better: Bioshock Infinite ... :D

I picked up the Hunter Edition for $40 @ Gamestop the week of launch. There's only a $10 difference there. :/ I also believe Origin is having a store-wide sale.

Would be all over this if I didn't just get bioshock 3.

I got it for a mere $26 from a fellow [H] member :)

EA frankly are one of the fastest publishers to drop their game prices. Unlike Activision who are frankly the slowest. Ubisoft falls in the middle me thinks.

Still too much for a benchmark. Had to turn the sound off the voice acting and writing were so bad. Game blows.

Still too much for a benchmark. Had to turn the sound off the voice acting and writing were so bad. Game blows.

I have to agree. This is one of the reasons I can't play this series. I've seen better writing and acting from Uwe Boll movies. I'll wait until there is a cheap bundle or the game is 10 bucks or less.

Calm down, temporary price due to their fiscal year ending in a few days and trying to cram in some last minute desperation sales

They've been running sales like this for a few weeks. I bought it for $25 back at the beginning of the month.

And this is why if you're a budget minded consumer you don't purchase games on release day. I can't think of any major PC release in the past 10 years that didn't have a major sale within 4 months of being released. (4 months is the time I judge that there will still be an active community). Well, except for Activision games (you'll get your CoD 56 is now 0.1% off, you should buy NOW!), but I tend to stay away from them.

One of the main reasons EA launched Origin was because they felt that Steam sales 'cheapened their product' ... now look at what they are doing.

There's a big thread about the EA sales in the [H]otDeals forum.

The theory is that EA needs to improve their image (after the SimCity fiasco?) and sales figures so they have heavily discounted a bunch of software including newer titles such as Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3.

Sale ends today.

One of the main reasons EA launched Origin was because they felt that Steam sales 'cheapened their product' ... now look at what they are doing.
Sounds like something the ex-CEO would say because microtransactions are supposedly popular with gamers. Gouge here and there and they'll never notice because they are so caught up in the game. :rolleyes:

Bottom line is never buy day one unless you really want to play the game. Lately the trend seems to be moving to price drops soon after a game is released. Makes me happy. :)

i really doubt EA is ever hurting for cash dude.

They may not be hurting for cash but AFAIK they have been having declining profits quarter after quarter. Plus their CEO stepped down...must not be doing super great.

Bottom line is never buy day one unless you really want to play the game. Lately the trend seems to be moving to price drops soon after a game is released. Makes me happy. :)
I see that with with PC games for sure (not console). Some games like Diablo 3 are still pricey and never go on sale.

Hello EA, please wait like more than 2 weeks after a game launch before doing this. Otherwise, those of us who ponied up on day 1 feel like real asses.

In this day and age you should really only buy day 1 if you really want to support the the publisher/developer, can get a good preorder/day1 deal or are foaming at the mouth to play it. Game prices drop so damned fast there's not a lot of reason to buy a game day 1 except those I listed (which of course can be valid reasons IMO).

While there are still some day 1 games for me (Bioshock Infinite for instance), I've seen hefty sales (30-50% off) on games like Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, NFS: Most Wanted, etc. only a few weeks after they were released.

It not only ends up being a good deal, but it usually gives the developers and video card manufacturers a chance to "fix" the 1.0 releases, too.

Crysis 3 was very enjoyable. The funny thing is it has better graphics, story and is more open than Metro 2033, yet is still getting hammered. Go figure. Also, complaining that it's on sale? :rolleyes:

Also, complaining that it's on sale? :rolleyes:

I think the complaints are that it was just released and people already paid $60. That kinda stings when you're a fan of a franchise and you get fucked the hardest.

I did pick it up though, also Tomb Raider. :)

This. All joking aside Crysis 3 is a pretty decent game. I hate Yeti and his attitude towards his audience. But Crysis 3 actually turned out decent , much better than the garbage that was Crysis 2.

I couldn't even bring myself to finish Crysis 2, luckily I got it for free. :)

EA just keeps making great examples of why buying a game at full price or pre-ordering games should be a no-no in everybody's book. I mean Sim City is already down to $40 on amazon, target, and price matched by wal-mart/best buy.

Crysis 3 was very enjoyable. The funny thing is it has better graphics, story and is more open than Metro 2033, yet is still getting hammered. Go figure. Also, complaining that it's on sale? :rolleyes:

I paid $60 for the game a couple of days after release. I don't remember when that was exactly, but it feels like it's been a few days! I love sales on games, this experience just pushes me to wait for the sales more and more.

If anything it's a good thing for gamers overall; with the digital downloads becoming almost the sole sales platform, prices can be adjusted incredibly quickly due to market demand. You can also almost nearly instantly measure reaction to it. If they can cut the game price just a bit (or 33%! :eek:) perhaps they can make even more money early on while the game is still hyped up. It makes sense, rather than trying to stoke enthusiasm back up months later and at potentially an even deeper discount.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that if you did some market research, you'd see that a huge proportion of full price sales happen in the first few weeks, drop off a cliff to near non-existent, then spike back up when on sale. Why not bring that flat part of low earnings down, and potentially bring in more sales that might not have paid attention to your game 6-12 months later, even on sale?

This is why I won't pre-order BF4. It'll be $20 a month after release. I pre-ordered BF3 for a cool 60 beans. Never again. Crysis 3 stinks...that's why it's getting so cheap so soon. Nice environment tho. That's worth $20 bucks plus a marginally fun multiplayer.

Old thread, but I refuse to give any of my money to anything associated with EA. The less money I give them, they sooner they'll file bankruptcy, the sooner some of gaming's most iconic IPs will be let free of that giant piece of a shit company known only as EA.

Steam $5 sale for the win. I've probably saved hundreds of dollars over the last decade buying games during the sale and not for $60. It's like getting a free gaming rig.

Do you have to play it through Origin?

Because I'm not installing that garbage on my machine.

Turns out I didn't have to wait for $15, a friend gave it to me for free with an AMD card he bought.

Game is alright, looks great but same generic shooter gameplay as always. Bow is cool but...eh. Lots of other games doing the bow thing right now, it's not really any different than just using a silenced weapon.

The engine just makes me want people to make amazing mods/total conversions for it. :D (Like MWLL and that Aliens mod coming out for Crysis 2)

I will say, in the game's defense, it runs pretty darn well for how it looks.

I played without a crosshair, and the bow was tough to get right without it (for me at least), so it didn't make that big of an impact.

Steam $5 sale for the win. I've probably saved hundreds of dollars over the last decade buying games during the sale and not for $60. It's like getting a free gaming rig.

Steam sales will be the death of me. I have a big list of sale games I bought and haven't even played yet :p

Do you have to play it through Origin?

Because I'm not installing that garbage on my machine.

This. I guess Im going to miss out on Crysis 3 :rolleyes:

Back