Crysis 2 Recommended System Requirements Unveiled

As long as the visuals justify the performance penalty, bring it on. There's the door if you don't like it; this is [H].

Just a quick note, (yeah yeah yeah, I know pirate blah blah blah, can't pirate a beta really though so I'm not to worried, yeah I'll still get it so I can play online through steam so...) anyhow, at 2560x1600 on a p2500k @4.6ghz/580gtx @800/8gb ram getting 30-35fps on hardcore setting DX9.0...

I am so glad I have a 6950CF setup for 2560x1440 so I shouldn't have any problems maxing this game out.

Don't know about you guys, but I haven't seen anything showing off PC footage of this game that blew me away. I'll still be happy if it looks about as good as the last one with the new mechanics added competently, but in terms of graphics what really impressed me actually was Rage (see the new trailer).

I thought the Cryek boss said that Crysis 2 for PC would not be a hardware killer and would be able to run at max settings with current gen hardware...30fps is running fine?...I thought the GTX 580 was optimized for this yet they don't even list in the 'highly recommended' option

I thought the Cryek boss said that Crysis 2 for PC would not be a hardware killer and would be able to run at max settings with current gen hardware...30fps is running fine?...I thought the GTX 580 was optimized for this yet they don't even list in the 'highly recommended' option

I don't think that was said at all. They did mention how well the engine would scale up, based on hardware. They also said the game would have "the best graphics you've ever seen".

I don't think that was said at all. They did mention how well the engine would scale up, based on hardware. They also said the game would have "the best graphics you've ever seen".

Crytek frontman Cevat Yerli did say it...to be more specific he stated that if you have a high-end card from the past year or earlier, rest assured that Crysis 2 will run at max...additionally, Yerli confirms that those on lesser hardware will be able to crank up the settings higher than on the original Crysis thanks to optimization efforts in CryEngine 3...“Yeah. Crysis 2 doesn’t suffer from that, in my opinion – it’s superior from every angle,”

“This isn’t necessarily a game you can’t play today, or where you need another two years to max it out. That’s not the approach this time. Now, it’s more like we want to give you the best PC experience with current high-end equipment. So if you bought the last high-end graphics card, you’re going to get a blast out of it. Likewise, the minimum-spec experience will be of a far higher quality than Crysis was.”

Crysis ran at the 30fps for most people and because of it's use of motion blur seemed hundreds of times more playable than your average fps @ 30fps.

The 580 is not listed because it is above the baseline of the "Highly Recommended" section. They aren't gonna list every card from the 560ti/4870x2 up...

troll-web.jpg

What a shame.. They didn't learn from there mistakes in Crysis 1..

I'm playing Crysis Warhead now and I think it's a really frustrating game. The controls are designed in a very messy and confusing way. I've been playing for 25 years now and all kind of games. I think Crysis is overrated.

Really, what's the point of all those bell and whistles when the Gameplay. The whole and absolute point of a Game is messed up.

How about all you guys that cry about the demands of the game not try and run it on high this time mkay.

I'm excited for this game.I think I will have a blast playing it like I did Crysis. The only difference is that I have a newer PC to play it on. I'm buying this at the very first steam/ea sale of 50% off or more. :D

I'm playing Crysis Warhead now and I think it's a really frustrating game. The controls are designed in a very messy and confusing way. I've been playing for 25 years now and all kind of games. I think Crysis is overrated.

I've been gaming since the 1970s and pinball. Crysis wasn't anything new as far as control schemes. The game plays easily enough that I (gasp), kicked back on my couch and used my PC along with an xbox 360 controller. 1 step below max difficulty on my virgin run was still pretty cake.

Sounds like the trouble is you, not the game.

Really, what's the point of all those bell and whistles when the Gameplay. The whole and absolute point of a Game is messed up.
You needed 2 posts, 2 mins apart to impart this information? I smell troll, I'm outta here.

Yeah I can't see how anyone would have a hard time with Warhead. One of the easier games out there.

all of you have missed the 800 lb gorilla in the room while talking about the eye candy.

the real question is:

Will Crysis 2 be any FUN????

Graphics don't mean shit for gameplay
. The funnest games I played were 10 years ago and didn't use great graphics.

Take the game I am currently playing. It's very fun. IT also takes some real computer horsepower to play (unfortunately). The graphics look like ASS!

Minecraft is the game I speak of. Graphics suck but the game is FUN

I'd rather have FUN than photorealistic graphics.

If it still has any of the freedom and variety that made the first games brilliant, it will be fun. I'm hoping it hasn't been butchered for people who didn't realise crysis was a sandbox game. BUT...

Techspot's performance preview of the beta shows a 560Ti getting 45fps at 1920x1200, while the sysreq says it will get 30. Assuming the sysreq are in any way accurate, that's a huge difference and implies that there will be some extra eyecandy we haven't seen yet. Excellent stuff.

. The funnest games I played were 10 years ago and didn't use great graphics.

Take the game I am currently playing. It's very fun. IT also takes some real computer horsepower to play (unfortunately). The graphics look like ASS!

Minecraft is the game I speak of. Graphics suck but the game is FUN

Yes, game play and great game play mechanics are at the heart of good games. I don´t think anyone are going to disagree with this. It is sort of a must to offer at least decent game play in your game as a developer (though this does far from always happen).

Graphics do mean shit for game play, especially for a game like Crysis 2. Crying for a FUN Crysis 2, that does not necessarily look better than great is silly considering the story of this IP.

Simple graphics can still look great for other kinds of games, when done right. It is in the hands of artists and art directors, not necessarily ability to implement game engine technology. But this thread is discussing Crysis 2 and that is a whole different beast.

Two things: You will not have photo realistic games for another decade or two (people who question this needs to see an optometrist and then go look at reality real carefully no matter the increases in processing power we still need genius code, shaders alone), so that worry should be eliminated for you as of now.

People have different pleasures for sure. FUN for me and I assume a few others on this planet, is vastly connected to great visuals, be it games, women, cars, food or girls, to mention a few examples. It just isn´t as much fun, if it looks like a turd. What I am saying is that good looks is a huge part of human enjoyment, as we are a significantly visual species.

Anyway I am questioning the validity of these requirements. As many has pointed out they are full of discrepancies.

I am hoping this game is going to be the next "video card killer". Personally I do not care for a "fun" Crysis game if it looks dated, irrelevant and flat, this is not how Crysis is meant to shine. Their franchise is about pushing the envelope in terms of real time technology and visuals (..oh and not releasing fixes/patches). The game play in Crysis and Warhead is hardly staggeringly original, but it plays nice and most mechanics seem to work well, but certainly not award winning material IMHO.

Obviously I hope the code is solid and the killing is partaken by only the higher/highest in game settings pushing our video cards and DX11 hard on these.

I seriously do not get the whine from certain individuals here, that this game might (if these requirements are true) be a bit GPU heavy and that this is a drawback or in any way negative! Why would you come here and not root for developers pushing advanced real time technology? Back to "2 bit forums" you go... ;) this is [H]

The solution for the whiners, and one solution I will use myself until my next upgrade is VERY F***ING SIMPLE: Down the resolution and/or play at lowered in game settings and have something to look forward to when you purchase a 28nm card or a current high end card in the future.

The game is still a month out so I take anything I see until about a week before release with a grain of salt.

All the people bitching about eye candy if you can't play at max settings then it's time to upgrade if you want to play at max settings. The recommended specs are actually not bad for a high profile game like Crysis 2, but if you want all the extra goodies you are expected to have a really nice rig. Sure you could go out and buy a 360 or a PS3 and play the game, but the reason we upgrade our computers and computers end up being a step ahead is for the extra eye candy. If you can't afford to keep up, don't expect the best of everything.

Never are happy, cry because the leaked demo doesn't look better than the consoles but when the true specs of the game for PC are released complain because your PC can't handle max graphics. :rolleyes:

Techspot's performance preview of the beta shows a 560Ti getting 45fps at 1920x1200, while the sysreq says it will get 30. Assuming the sysreq are in any way accurate, that's a huge difference and implies that there will be some extra eyecandy we haven't seen yet. Excellent stuff.

Techspot ran the benchmarks in DX9 mode while the sysreqs stated 30 fps in DX11 mode. So yeah the extra eyecandy is a given.

I'm glad Crytek isn't pushing an Nvidia agenda as well and it seems to be nicely optimized for both sides (in that same preview, a 6950 was equal to the 570 in performance).

Looks like another game that will rape your system big time just like the first one. Most likely unplayable if I use 16AA at 1920x1080 on my i7 970 and GTX 580.

And there's a good reason to wait till hd7xxx and gtx6xx come out. Btw did they even mention if crysis 2 supports eyefinity/nvidia surround?

haha, Guess I'll be playing Crysis 2 in Medium settings this time! LOLz

Man I really feel bad for the developers. looks like half the people are going to be pissed if it doesn't run on medium at 60 fps on their intel celron D radeon x800 setup. and the other half are going to be pissed if it doesn't require quad sli gtx 580's and and a Core i7 980x at 5 ghz to play on high.

. The funnest games I played were 10 years ago and didn't use great graphics...

If all your "funnest games" are from 10 years ago, it sounds to me like you're playing the wrong games or should give up gaming entirely. Some of my favorites are from the 80s and 90s, but there are plenty of more recent games that could easily make my favorites list. There has been a lot of innovation over the years, both in terms of graphics and gameplay.

And there's a good reason to wait till hd7xxx and gtx6xx come out. Btw did they even mention if crysis 2 supports eyefinity/nvidia surround?

An early build of crysis 2 was used as a demo when eyefinity was announced. It's pretty much a given, especially as crysis+warhead didn't need any adjustments to work properly either.

I suspect my next build will be based around getting 45fps eyefinity/surround in crysis 2. YAY EXPENSE

Back