Crysis 2 multiplayer demo headed to pc!

I love this...

It is a demo, I've never had to register an account to play a demo before but right on man...even MP, its a demo

I opened the game, (press Start? really?) went to create account, put in my details and was told that my email was already in use so I try another email and get the same results, thinking I actually had an account I tried several username/pass combos but none worked so I went to http://www.mycrysis.com to recover my account, after 20 minutes of the site timing out and giving me errors it finally loads and I put my email in to reset the password, it tells me no account exists for both my emails, I say fine and try making a new account, 20 more minutes of loading and timeouts later I get to the account creation page, put in my details and click create account, it sits on "creating account..." for at least 15 minutes, I closed it and uninstalled the demo

Basing everything off that experience, glad I'm not paying $60 (never would've) for this game

I love this...

It is a demo, I've never had to register an account to play a demo before but right on man...even MP, its a demo

I opened the game, (press Start? really?) went to create account, put in my details and was told that my email was already in use so I try another email and get the same results, thinking I actually had an account I tried several username/pass combos but none worked so I went to http://www.mycrysis.com to recover my account, after 20 minutes of the site timing out and giving me errors it finally loads and I put my email in to reset the password, it tells me no account exists for both my emails, I say fine and try making a new account, 20 more minutes of loading and timeouts later I get to the account creation page, put in my details and click create account, it sits on "creating account..." for at least 15 minutes, I closed it and uninstalled the demo

Basing everything off that experience, glad I'm not paying $60 (never would've) for this game

Yeah it was a pretty shit experience in that regard for me too, EVENTUALLY the game let me create an account using a non-existant email address because I'd run out of real ones that supposedly already had accounts linked to them but I couldn't sign in with them.

"Press Start" ?! Thanks guys for all the info on this, I'm staying far away from this consolized crap.

People with 200+ ping have such an advantage in this game. They warp around and their shots are delayed.

Fucking P-O-R-T

I seriously hope a lot of you guys are going to cancel your pre-orders and/or not get the game. They just took a steaming dump on PCs. Does anyone honestly think this looks better than the original? I sure don't.

Don't get me wrong I was really excited for this, not anymore.

It also runs like crap on CF/SLI - which was evident when my laptop had better FPS.

We get it. You hate console-ports.

Then you'd loathe that the game is actually playable on portable PCs (laptops and notebooks) which has never been the case for a shooter.

Actually, I think that's the REAL reason for the low settings/requirements (aside from consoles) - Steam and portables (and even eventually Macs).

Have we all forgotten the major distribution deal between EA and Valve? Crysis 2 is part of that. When (if ever) has there been a shooter on Macs? Also, portable Macs (specifically, the MacBooks) sell the most of the non-iOS devices (outselling even the iMac and Mac mini by a wide margin). Even looking at portable PC numbers vs. desktops, where's the sales action?

We had gotten into expecting shooters to be not only mostly PC-exclusive, but even *desktop* exclusive. Then we started seeing shooters on consoles (even console-exclusive-shooters, such as Gears of War 2 and Unreal Championship). However, in looking just at things in a *major-contender* mode (PCs vs. consoles), we missed the rest of the forest. Tablets. Smartphones. Even the other niches in the PC space.

Yes - tablets are seeing a lot of buzz. However, larger portables (laptops and notebooks - the portables larger than netbooks, and that odd "power-netbook" category - 14-inch screens but dual-core AMD or Intel CPUs and DX10/11 integrated graphics) are now selling faster than desktops. You can't afford to ignore that and survive - not if you're Intel, or AMD, or Microsoft, or even Crytek.

The developers have gotten their heads out of the sand and abandoned the barge on the river in Egypt - will we?

I can't even sign into the game right now, anybody else having trouble signing in? Looks like its offline.

The graphics weren't that bad, but I feel cheated that Crytek decided to use DX9... I mean seriously, give that a rest already, this isn't 2002 anymore.

Well after re-installing it and playing with the that tweak tool (that kinda works) I noticed that there is a shit load of Zero ping servers; which was odd as they seemed to be in Germany.
The next *real* ping was 70+ :/

Gamespy really blows. I've had a hell time trying to register back then with Crysis Wars.

Don't know why Crytek insist on using gamespy again

Well after re-installing it and playing with the that tweak tool (that kinda works) I noticed that there is a shit load of Zero ping servers; which was odd as they seemed to be in Germany.
The next *real* ping was 70+ :/

i get a shit load of zero ping servers from different countries, and the next 'real' ping is 109. i just join the 109 ping servers.

Press Start? Where the fuck is that on my keyboard?
Graphics presets with no in menu customization? No, thanks.
Dumbed down nano suit? Check.
No prone? Check.
No lean? Check
Jumping and sprinting always use suit power? What genius thought this was a good idea?

The game has potential, but it screams console...

I am guessing we will see more graphics customization in the final game, I know a lot of the options can be tweaked in settings files. Also you can jump without using suit power. I do agree that the game screams console though.

Hmm is there a separate key for that or something? At work so I can't check.
It's the same key but you need to tap it instead of holding it down. Unfortunately for some reason it still power jumps a lot when I just want to do a regular jump, very annoying.

i get a shit load of zero ping servers from different countries, and the next 'real' ping is 109. i just join the 109 ping servers.

The low-ping EU servers (some are in Germany, others are in the Netherlands, others are scattered throughout the EU) are all from a single company that runs a game-hosting server service. A similar company has hooked up with Crytek in the US (crysis2servers.com) selling and leasing Crysis 2 servers (most of these are private - in both NA and EU; however, I did find a public server near me in the DC suburbs). How else does even GameSpy stand the crush of demo launches?

pc fans have higher expectations then console fans. why? because pc fans are generally more hardcore players while console fans are laid back casual players who want a quick blast in a game every now and then.

Also, pc games set the benchmark in a technological and innovative way. always has, always will.

This is why any game that just does what other console games do is unacceptable for pc users.

Found a fix for the "Check your network connectivity." error when trying to log in, turns out crysis 2 doesn't work if you share your internet connection, so for any that do that and can't run crysis 2, try disabling internet connection sharing in the connection properties in network settings in control panel.

Game itself was ok, graphics were really good, it doesn't like my XAI buttons though which makes it hard to play since I play with the number pad and there's not many available buttons without being able to use my XAI mouse.. :(

Yeah, the first couple of times I played I accidently joined zero ping servers not actually noticing they were zero ping when really they were probably 500+ ping. The game really hurts the laggers (compared to some games which favour the laggers). A few times I died when someone came around the corner and shot me with what appeared to be lightning speed, but then watching the kill cam they actually had a few seconds to shoot me, even though from my perspective there was only a fraction of a second.

I scrolled down and joined the first "real" ping server (about 100) and immediately my game improved and I actually started killing people.

Though I still find it really hard to aim in Crysis 2. Anyone else have this problem? Granted even in other shooters I'm not a brilliant aimer, but in Crysis 2 I can't aim for shit. I'll have one of those retard-fights where you gun it out with someone for a few seconds at close range and notice in the kill cam I never even hit the other dude. I've never had that problem in BFBC2, COD4 or COD:WAW (those are the only fps games I've played a significant amount of MP to compare).

Maybe I'm just rusty, but yeah, I can't aim for some reason.

Also I hate the maps, they're the sort of cluster-fuck maps where at any given moment in time you can be shot at from like 10 different locations. It means more often than not when you die its because you're being shot in the back or side and you can't stop to crouch and aim at someone for more than 2 seconds because chances are someone else saw you from somewhere you weren't looking and is about to gun you down. Cloak of course makes matters even worse, but even if cloak didn't exist I wouldn't like the maps.

Anyone complaining about this demo has never played Crysis Wars.

When I heard everyone complaining their heads off about this demo, I expected the same experience I had with Crysis Wars, except with worse graphics. Even with the graphics settings set modestly, Crysis Wars would lag like crazy. It was either the netcode or the server struggling with limited resources - I never stuck around long enough to figure out which.

Instead I find a tight, well-made multiplayer experience that any AAA title would be proud of. I'm starting to think that the decision to make this a multiplatform game was a good thing. Crytek and EA knew that the multiplayer component of Crysis would have gone over like a lead balloon if it had been released on consoles. So they went back to the drawing board and came back with something more accessible to a wider audience.

It's obvious they borrowed heavily from the Call of Duty series, but what they borrowed only makes the game better. No more BF2-sized maps to bring servers to their knees. Purchasing weapons CS-style (yes, this is the way it was in Crysis Wars - try affording anything but the worst gear after a few deaths) has been replaced with a class system. An XP and unlock system has been added to keep players engaged.

Then there's the graphics - they may not have the shock and awe of the original Crysis, but then, Crysis Wars didn't look as good as Crysis either. And it still ran like crap. Also, I challenge anyone to show me a multiplayer shooter with graphics this good. The only thing that comes close is BC2.

This game went from a wait-and-see to a pre-order for me.

Yeah, the first couple of times I played I accidently joined zero ping servers not actually noticing they were zero ping when really they were probably 500+ ping. The game really hurts the laggers (compared to some games which favour the laggers). A few times I died when someone came around the corner and shot me with what appeared to be lightning speed, but then watching the kill cam they actually had a few seconds to shoot me, even though from my perspective there was only a fraction of a second.

I scrolled down and joined the first "real" ping server (about 100) and immediately my game improved and I actually started killing people.

Though I still find it really hard to aim in Crysis 2. Anyone else have this problem? Granted even in other shooters I'm not a brilliant aimer, but in Crysis 2 I can't aim for shit. I'll have one of those retard-fights where you gun it out with someone for a few seconds at close range and notice in the kill cam I never even hit the other dude. I've never had that problem in BFBC2, COD4 or COD:WAW (those are the only fps games I've played a significant amount of MP to compare).

Maybe I'm just rusty, but yeah, I can't aim for some reason.

Also I hate the maps, they're the sort of cluster-fuck maps where at any given moment in time you can be shot at from like 10 different locations. It means more often than not when you die its because you're being shot in the back or side and you can't stop to crouch and aim at someone for more than 2 seconds because chances are someone else saw you from somewhere you weren't looking and is about to gun you down. Cloak of course makes matters even worse, but even if cloak didn't exist I wouldn't like the maps.

That reason is called mouse acceleration and thankfully you can turn it off with this launcher http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036929922&postcount=206

It isn't that bad tho, i got about a 2.0+ KD ratio and have been kicking ass since my very first round, there are so many tasty noobs out there :D after 4 and a half hours of gameplay i found out about that config utility, but i'm already used to hold zoom and mouse accel :p

I recommend changing t nanovision bind from N to a mouse side button or something, it's VERY handy and you want to toggle it on and off in an instant, you should increase your FOV and of course play with headphones, i can't stand ppl with terrible situational awareness, especially if they are on my team and play l4d2 :p

I did ok in the multiplayer, but it seems that weapon upgrades dont mean crap. That, or there are already too many hackers. I can't stand pumping several machine gun rounds into an opponent at point blank range, only to have them 1-hit kill me with a punch.

Played a few rounds again, I think my problem aiming was that I'm used to some mouse acceleration, just not HEAPS of mouse acceleration like in Crysis 2. Turned it off, played around with the sensitivty for a while and now my aim is slowly improving.

Admittedly, the more I play the game the more I enjoy it. I'm getting used to having a finger hovering over the Q button to go into armour mode as soon as I see someone. I still dont think its gonna be worth $60, or even $50, maybe $30-40.

I did ok in the multiplayer, but it seems that weapon upgrades dont mean crap. That, or there are already too many hackers. I can't stand pumping several machine gun rounds into an opponent at point blank range, only to have them 1-hit kill me with a punch.

even at point blank range you should always ADS before shooting, especially with a light machine gun.

Played a few rounds again, I think my problem aiming was that I'm used to some mouse acceleration, just not HEAPS of mouse acceleration like in Crysis 2. Turned it off, played around with the sensitivty for a while and now my aim is slowly improving.

You always played with a little bit of mouse accel ? Oh you're screwed then :p It will probably take more than a week to get fully used to it, but once you do you won't ever look back ! here's even more info about mice and settings.

http://phoon.us/mouse/

Just tried it out today, but is anyone else experiencing getting into a server's lobby but the match not starting or being stuck at the lobby (even with it filled up)?

Demo sucked. I need to try the SP before I decide whether or not I want to pay for it. So far, I don't.

Demo sucked. I need to try the SP before I decide whether or not I want to buy it. So far, I don't.

Fixed it for you.

After playing a few hours, it's successfully underwhelming. Plays nothing like Crysis multiplayer or Crysis Wars IMO.

Just tried it out today, but is anyone else experiencing getting into a server's lobby but the match not starting or being stuck at the lobby (even with it filled up)?

I happens sometimes. If you don't see a countdown timer when there are 6 players choose a different server.

Fixed it for you.

After playing a few hours, it's successfully underwhelming. Plays nothing like Crysis multiplayer or Crysis Wars IMO.

No need to fix it, I worded it that way for a reason >:)

like others have said, the motion blur, mouse acceleration, FoV, and giant weapon models kind of ruin things for me.

Plus, my favorite part of Crysis 1 was running people over with cars. Where the hell is that? It never lagged if you were on a decent server. And that was years ago. I'm sure it's more than do-able now.

Do you know if the demo will be active after game release date?

Also I'm not sure but I don't think AIM assist do anything. Maybe it was an option left over from the console or people who plug something else to play the game with (joystick)?

Not a very big difference. Some effects are better, and the pc version is brighter.

That's all you saw in that video? Well I saw (albeit the fov is fucked because of how he cropped everything) better textures, higher res. Better shadows, foliage, AA, crisper textures all around and anisotropic filtering which doesn't seem present at all on the 360 version. That was just a fast look at the video without really analysing. This was all readily apparent just glancing at it. Overall it looks alot better on the PC and I think alot of the doom and gloom is over stated in this thread. There was an article I read yesterday(forgot the site) where the author compares with side side screenies comparing C2 demo with Crysis wars, which makes sense since we know the MP component is always dumbed down vs the sp portion. The point he was making was it's not fair to compare the best high res sp screnn shots from C1 or Wh sp to C2 MP in the demo and I agree. He went on to state that, like alot of other people have said, the leaked beta had much better looking texures and an overall sharper look to it. I haven't played the beta and don't intend too but that's what I've read.

That's all you saw in that video? Well I saw (albeit the fov is fucked because of how he cropped everything) better textures, higher res. Better shadows, foliage, AA, crisper textures all around and anisotropic filtering which doesn't seem present at all on the 360 version. That was just a fast look at the video without really analysing. This was all readily apparent just glancing at it. Overall it looks alot better on the PC and I think alot of the doom and gloom is over stated in this thread. There was an article I read yesterday(forgot the site) where the author compares with side side screenies comparing C2 demo with Crysis wars, which makes sense since we know the MP component is always dumbed down vs the sp portion. The point he was making was it's not fair to compare the best high res sp screnn shots from C1 or Wh sp to C2 MP in the demo and I agree. He went on to state that, like alot of other people have said, the leaked beta had much better looking texures and an overall sharper look to it. I haven't played the beta and don't intend too but that's what I've read.
I don't really see the point of the video or of your post (no offense!). The question was never, does it look better on the PC? The question was, does it look better than Crysis? And I'm not sure that it does.

I don't really see the point of the video or of your post (no offense!). The question was never, does it look better on the PC? The question was, does it look better than Crysis? And I'm not sure that it does.

I guess you aren't really following all the qq around the net side from here. There has been questions and complaints about it all. I posted that because I thought it was interesting. Period the end.

The patch for the recently released Crysis 2 Demo. This fixes some issues in the initial release.

Changes include

* "Press Start to Begin" has been changed to "Press Enter to Begin" on the main menu
* Ping changes in server browser - no ping for anyone now (all 0) - "Crytek is working very hard to fix this for the shipping game"
* Fixed crash if getting force disconnected from a dedicated server (although the force disconnect issue has been resolved anyway)
* Account creation now works properly
* G35 headset fix now implemented
* People not able to sign in with certain characters such as "-" or "numbers" in their username, now can"

Update out,.

It would be great if they fix the negative CFX scaling. Come on amd give us a profile update.

Glad they did something useful by changing the text to say Enter instead of, say, removing that screen altogether..

Back