Crysis 2 multiplayer demo headed to pc!

I'll bet this game won't even sell that well on consoles either. I have this feeling that if Crysis 2 was PC exclusive, it would have actually sold as well or even better than being multi-plat right now. Crytek assumes by developing for consoles, they'll make a bucketload of money but its not always guaranteed.
The key to success on consoles, I think, is marketing. The role it plays in PC gaming is less significant (because we have good avenues of content discovery and there's a substantial amount of word-of-mouth advertising), but when you're trying to reach a young, somewhat disjointed and mainstream-oriented audience, marketing is what primarily differentiates success from failure.

If it's well-marketed, it will be successful. If not, I would expect it to perform poorly.

In any case, I finally got to get into the demo tonight. Things I like: menu setting to adjust head bob; general quality of the visuals and performance; some aspects of the menu system; fairly responsive input; more effective use of motion blur; very passable anti-aliasing quality. Things I don't like: most of the menu system, the low-contrast appearance of the visuals (fatiguing); lens flares and blooming overdone; the fucking ridiculous FOV; the gameplay in general. Singleplayer could be fairly good if these issues are addressed, but I doubt what they're going to present us with is $60 good.

Why oh fucking why must the menu screens move when you're choosing options. I feel like I'm back on a ship,

I uninstalled it. It's terrible, Crysis or not. Unless the single player game is kicking, this one is going to tank bad. And yes, it's 100% console port garbage.

I've never liked anything this company has put out, including the original far cry, but was willing to give this a chance. With that said bring on battlefield 3 already

Can anyone else still not create an account? Its probably because I'm not trying actually create a new one, but get a new password for an old one (dont want to give my new email address to gamespy/crytek).

I tried tonight, this morning and last night and still can't get the password reset.

The lobby system is absolute garbage, it literally took 15 minutes for a game to get going because people would join the lobby and then leave a second before the next needed player joined.

Why the fuck dont they just allow the game to start and everyone else to join an in progress game instead of this clusterfucked system!?! What the fuck was going through their god damn heads when they thought this would be a good idea!?!

And auto-aim for MP?!?! Really?? REALLY??? Cevat Yerli is going to bleat like a stuffed pig when this game bombs, and it isn't going to have anything to do with piracy.

Edit: Not to mention the crap video options and nauseating HDR.

Last edited:
Can anyone else still not create an account? Its probably because I'm not trying actually create a new one, but get a new password for an old one (dont want to give my new email address to gamespy/crytek).

I tried tonight, this morning and last night and still can't get the password reset.

It should work now, I've had trouble yesterday morning but I think it's fine now.

It should work now, I've had trouble yesterday morning but I think it's fine now.

I just tried to log in... apparently my username is invalid. It says my name contains characters that aren't allowed, yet my username doesn't contain ANY of the list of disallowed characters and I actually created the account on MyCrysis. The name is purely letters, no symbols or numbers.

So, fuck this. I'll try again tomorrow and if it doesn't work Crytek can shove it up their arse.

I just tried to log in... apparently my username is invalid. It says my name contains characters that aren't allowed, yet my username doesn't contain ANY of the list of disallowed characters and I actually created the account on MyCrysis. The name is purely letters, no symbols or numbers.

So, fuck this. I'll try again tomorrow and if it doesn't work Crytek can shove it up their arse.

I've read elsewhere to try a fileplanet account, my email address was in use and invalid as well.

Reset my fileplanet account, going to see if that works on my lunch break.

Can somebody please explain to me the (3) different in game graphic settings, whats the difference between them?

So what happens if you modify the FOV with the steam set launch options, does it bug the game out?

"You can skip the intro and change the FoV by adding
Code:
+g_SkipIntro 1 +cl_fov 80
to the shortcut."

On a side note when I first joined a game I was getting a crazy vibration on my mouse pad, I realized that it was my xbox 360 controller that I left plugged into my PC... the controller was setup perfectly with the console controls lol.

Last edited:
Kind of in the same boat here. I was looking at three games this year alone:

Rage
Battlefield 3
Crysis 2

I can safely say that crossing Crysis 2 off my list is going to be a pretty easy decision.

For those of you still unable to create an account or DL the demo, trust me when I say this - youre not missing out on anything good, take a look at some posts in this thread.

I just did a little crossfire testing. I disabled CF, and was still getting 36fps, with drops down to 28. So, hopefully with either a driver or two, or if we are lucky, a profile update, we should be better performance.

I just did a little crossfire testing. I disabled CF, and was still getting 36fps, with drops down to 28. So, hopefully with either a driver or two, or if we are lucky, a profile update, we should be better performance.

I am getting a constant 60fps, but then again, I would expect 60fps with my setup. 2560x1600 res with Hardcore graphic setting enabled. I would think you would be getting around the same performance. The Nvidia SLi profile came out yesterday. I would assume when ATI comes out with their profile update you should get better performance.

I am getting a constant 60fps, but then again, I would expect 60fps with my setup. 2560x1600 res with Hardcore graphic setting enabled. I would think you would be getting around the same performance. The Nvidia SLi profile came out yesterday. I would assume when ATI comes out with their profile update you should get better performance.

Are you running 480'sx3? I am running 5870x2.

I got my refund from steam today.

You know what's funny, the leaked beta had more positive comments on forums than the actual official demo. So basically a leaked pirate version of the game gave Crytek more positive publicity than their own official demo, which is now causing people to get refunds on their preorders. :p

I tried using my MyCrysis account, it didn't work. I had to create a whole new account using the demo.

You know what's funny, the leaked beta had more positive comments on forums than the actual official demo. So basically a leaked pirate version of the game gave Crytek more positive publicity than their own official demo, which is now causing people to get refunds on their preorders. :p

The single player isn't bad. (yes, I have played it and that's why I pre-ordered the game) but the multiplayer is nothing like Crysis 1. It's basically Call Of Duty with nanosuits like others are correctly saying.

I would shell out $20 for the game for the single player, but $60? No chance.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1775562

I think those positive comments must have been

'The beta in DX9 mode looks so good, imagine what DX10/11 looks like. Crytek are god'

I tried using my MyCrysis account, it didn't work. I had to create a whole new account using the demo.

Yeah, it never worked with either a MyCrysis account nor a Gamespy account. Eventually I managed to create an account in game and just used a fake email address because I'd run out of proper email addresses (except my "work" and "friends" emails which I have no intention of giving to EA, Crytek and Gamespy).

demo is starting to grow on me, liking the cloak. Hopefully some of the other mp maps will be larger on launch. Hopefully Amazon will have some type of deal right before launch.

Hopefully some of the other mp maps will be larger on launch.

Me too, with more players. If its limited to 6v6 that will kinda just suck balls. Even COD4, which IMO was the best COD, had 32 players in a match. Granted it was a bit of a clusterfuck on most maps if you had more than 24, but I'd still much rather play 12v12 than 6v6.

At the moment there's very little compeling me to buy the game at launch (unless I can get it for cheap at launch, which is probably unlikely).

Press Start? Where the fuck is that on my keyboard?
Graphics presets with no in menu customization? No, thanks.
Dumbed down nano suit? Check.
No prone? Check.
No lean? Check
Jumping and sprinting always use suit power? What genius thought this was a good idea?

The game has potential, but it screams console...

I really hope the full game doesn't look so blurred out (doesn't look crisp or sharp at all no matter the settings) -- this demo is dissappointing after playing Crysis Wars for a bit. What a huge 180 they took for the sequel's multiplayer. Not a fan.

Me too, with more players. If its limited to 6v6 that will kinda just suck balls. Even COD4, which IMO was the best COD, had 32 players in a match. Granted it was a bit of a clusterfuck on most maps if you had more than 24, but I'd still much rather play 12v12 than 6v6.

At the moment there's very little compeling me to buy the game at launch (unless I can get it for cheap at launch, which is probably unlikely).

Wasn't COD4 (upto) 64 players?

I remember 64 player shipment. P90, 3 frag nade, some bullet stopping thing, and marty. Spawn nade, nade, nade, die, marty, spawn, nade, nade, nade, die, marty...

Good times.

Back