Crysis 2: MP Thoughts / Tweaks

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
I realize there's two threads for this but everyone is just bitching about crytek, pc gaming, valve and the xbox. No one's really talking about playing the game. For those of us who actually played it for more than 5 minutes and are looking forward to it, what do you think? What needs to be changed?

Based on what I've played the game is fun and most certainly is not a CoD clone in feel but the MP portion is not ready for primetime on the PC in it's current state.

The way Crytek handles this "demo" (which should be a beta) will probably dictate whether or not I purchase this on day one. If they leave the multiplayer as is, I won't buy it until they release some decent patches.

I posted some changes I'd like to see happen last night, and I'll recap them here.

• FOV Slider 90-110
  • Console
  • Disable Auto-Aim Completely
  • Toggle for Aim Down Sights (Currently Hold Only)
  • Sensitivity Formula needs to be changed to increments of 1, or a numerical value ala source instead of 5's. Myself and a few friends all found it hard to get a comfortable sensitivity at anything other than 450dpi
  • Melee needs to buffed (Have to hit someone 2 or 3 times unless from behind)
  • Jumping mechanics could stand to be slightly altered, the tap for jump hold for super-jump thing is cool but there'd be much more grace in the movement if it was changed slightly so you'd have more control when you're in the air

Back