Crysis 2 Most Disappointing Game of Decade?

facebook-dislike-button-500.png

i personally cannot wait till the game comes out.

Never had much hope for it. Imo, we are victims of ourselves on this one. Pirates and complainers about performance, got exactly what they wanted. A dumbed down, console ported, untweakable, runs decent - looks nasty, pile of dog shit.

Never had much hope for it. Imo, we are victims of ourselves on this one. Pirates and complainers about performance, got exactly what they wanted. A dumbed down, console ported, untweakable, runs decent - looks nasty, pile of dog shit.

And there you have it folks. Agreed.

I don't think this is trolling at all. I've been on this site long enough not to just throw out spam about this game sucks or that game sucks. Look me up, I don't do that. I just felt at this time I could maybe voice my opinion of the demo I played. I thought it was bad, not sure borderline bad either. Again, I know the game will be different when it comes out, but you really think that much? I love the work Crytek has done so far, that is why I am dissapointed, because yes, I expected more.

If this game was going to be free on release than no, I don't think anyone would have a right to bitch, but it's going to be $59.99 right?

ok, but but I wouldn't judge a game by its demo though. historically, demos and betas don't give the full picture or represent the games very well. What I do, whether you call it piracy or not, is download a cracked copy of a game, and if I like it I will pay for it, my steam account proves that point with 104 games tied to it lol. I remember people bitchin sooo much about the BC2 Beta, yet the game is still going strong!

If this game was going to be free on release than no, I don't think anyone would have a right to bitch, but it's going to be $59.99 right?
Yeah, for the suckers that will pay for it at that price. I won't touch it until it's $30 or less.

Get this; the Brightness settings read "If you cant see the picture at all please adjust the TV settings".

WAAAAAA

It's not out yet, it looks better then any number of other games released even if it does run on dx9, best looking PC game? No, but way better then other things that have been released recently like COD. I did not consider this game to have all that much hype behind it either. I found multiplayer to be relatively enjoyable even if it is just a rip of COD.

If you find this unreleased game to be the worst game of the past 10 years then you really must not have been playing very many games. So far it at least runs better then black ops even if the gameplay is the same. I think it would have a hard time trumping Doom 3 for biggest disappointment.

The "worst" games out there are all games not worth buying even if they do go on sale for $5

Last edited:
I was looking forward to this until I read that it will be made for consoles.

noobs getting owned and rage quitting ITT

You guys need to download the Crysis 2 Config prog that will allow you to make the game playable and much more enjoyable.

Allows you to remove motion blur
Allows you to remove bloom
Allows you to increase the FOV, in stock form it seems like 45, I moved it up to 95.
Allows you to set different levels of AA and adjust AF
Allows you to change shadows
You can toggle Crouch and Aim so you don't have to hold the button.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1776333

Last edited:
Don't quite get how it's the most disappointing game of the decade, when no one played it yet...

Don't quite get how it's the most disappointing game of the decade, when no one played it yet...
Many people have played the leaked beta release. The reviews are mixed, but there's a recurring tone of consolized, bad graphics, bad controls, COD rip-off, etc.

I guess we'll know in a few more weeks how well it gets received by game critics. I'm thinking mediocre at best.

Many people have played the leaked beta release. The reviews are mixed, but there's a recurring tone of consolized, bad graphics, bad controls, COD rip-off, etc.

I guess we'll know in a few more weeks how well it gets received by game critics. I'm thinking mediocre at best.

The "beta" release is an unfinished product. Basing anything on that doesn't make sense.

And this "bad graphics" campaign continues. Maybe I have an uber rig (which I don't), but the graphics are amazing in Crysis 2, even with just DX9.

The "beta" release is an unfinished product. Basing anything on that doesn't make sense.

Had the beta leaked out 6 months ago I'd agree. Even if it was an old build, you can't polish a turd. :)

I think the real disappointment with the game is that it's been consolized to the max. Going from one extreme to another isn't good.

I was excited for a long time, to see what Crytek can do. Well, its not up to my expectation so far.

But am I disappointed? Well its hard to feel that way when we have other great games like BF3 and Skyrim coming up. I simply look forward to other games now.

Maybe I'll revisit Crysis 2 once its on huge huge discount a year or 2 later. Hopefully everything would be fixed by then

It's not out yet, it looks better then any number of other games released even if it does run on dx9, best looking PC game? No, but way better then other things that have been released recently like COD. I did not consider this game to have all that much hype behind it either. I found multiplayer to be relatively enjoyable even if it is just a rip of COD.

If you find this unreleased game to be the worst game of the past 10 years then you really must not have been playing very many games. So far it at least runs better then black ops even if the gameplay is the same. I think it would have a hard time trumping Doom 3 for biggest disappointment.

The "worst" games out there are all games not worth buying even if they do go on sale for $5

I didn't say it's the worst. I said dissapointing with a question mark. Up for debate. For me, it's almost a foreshadowing. I think it will be the most dissapointing game of the decade. With that said, I'll bump this thread a month from now and give an honest update. My opinion of course.

I see that the game has not yet even been released but the trolling has already begun.

Well it's released now. And I'm now confirming what I stated in the original post. Maybe if this was just on consoles, but for the PC, I'm dissapointed. Graphic settings are pathetic, no DX 11 at release? Really?

I doubt it will be the most dissapointing. I have to wait until the JA2 remake is released to judge it. *no idea what made them decide on a realtime system over a turnbased system that is actually the core reason why the game was so praised in the first place.

This might be the most disappointing game of the year if expectations are set too high.

As for myself, I am not expecting much of anything as I'm not entirely interested in the title. The MP Demo was fun but it wasn't something that I haven't already played (minus the nano-suits).

No. Far Cry 2 still stands out to me as THE biggest polished turd and arguably one of my biggest disappointments of the past decade. It LOOKS awesome. That's about it.

Crysis 2 could be on track to be the biggest letdown of this year though for a lot of people. I'm still getting into it and I haven't fully decided how I feel about it.

most disappointed games for me so far this decade
1. bio-shock ( as a fan of system shock 2, it was impossible for me to accept this game on its on merits, seriously a system shock game holding your hand?
2. deus ex 2 ( to go from one of the most revolutionary titles in pc gaming to this was depressing, the whole thing felt like an amusement park)
3. oblivion (seriously this is what passes for an RPG?)
4.. half life 2 (could not even finish it. killed my love of shooters, it felt like i was moving from one triggered event to another, what this started, call of duty finished it was not, until far cry that i my love of shooters was rekindled)
5. crysis 2
6. gothic 4 arcana (if you played gothic 1-3 you understand why this one is here)
7. dragon age 2 (way to rape the spritual successor to BG2)

Last edited:
1. bio-shock ( as a fan of system shock 2, it was impossible for me to accept this game on its on merits, seriously a system shock game holding your hand?
2. deus ex 2 ( to go from one of the most revolutionary titles in pc gaming to this was depressing, the whole thing felt like an amusement park)
4.. half life 2 (could not even finish it. killed my love of shooters, it felt like i was moving from one triggered event to another, what this started, call of duty finished it was not, until far cry that i my love of shooters was rekindled)
5. crysis 2
6. gothic 4 arcana (if you played gothic 1-3 you understand why this one is here)
7. dragon age 2 (way to rape the spritual successor to BG2)

Sir I agree with you on dragon age 2 and crysis 2, never liked gothic hOWEver, bioshock was not meant to be a system shock clone and because of your biAS sir, I must simply disagree with your opinions entirely. Also oblivion was not nearly one of the worst games of the decade, obviously you haven't tried many recent RPG's

4.. half life 2 (could not even finish it. killed my love of shooters, it felt like i was moving from

Those games were last decade ;)

Those games were last decade ;)

That depends on how you are counting. If you count decades as parsed into 60s/70s/80s/90s etc then yes. If you count games in the last 10 years (which is a valid decade as well) then we are looking at games dating all the way back to march 2001.

If you are measuring the first way then regardless of whether it is true or not it is a stupid measurement as we are pretty early into this decade (at which point I still don't think it's the most disappointing game I would have to give that to force unleashed 2 for jan 1 2010 - now). If you count the second way of past 10 years, then it is nowhere close to the most disappointing game possibly not even making the top 10.

Sir I agree with you on dragon age 2 and crysis 2, never liked gothic hOWEver, bioshock was not meant to be a system shock clone and because of your biAS sir, I must simply disagree with your opinions entirely. Also oblivion was not nearly one of the worst games of the decade, obviously you haven't tried many recent RPG's

the creators did say this was thier spiritual sucessor sequel to system shock 2, because EA owned the rights. also this is not a worse games list it is a most dissapointing games list. there is a difference

Ok, I'm not saying it will be the worse game of the decade, but most disappointing. We're talking about Crytek, the inovators of PC graphics in gaming that started with Far Cry. Do you all recall the amount of upgrades or replacements that had to be done to the PC to run it? Good times.

Move on to Crysis, maybe not as ground breaking, but on the other hand, yeah...pretty much...it was. The game still holds a top spot in PC graphics...how old is this game???

And now the Crysis 2 demo. What the F. Yea I know, a demo and multiplayer, and things can be tweaked polished etc, but you know what the say about polishing a turd? Really at this point how different can it be?

I pray that I'm wrong here, I'll come back and eat my thread, but I got a feeling it's gonna be a tough March 2011 for fans of the previous Crytek games.

Going to go back and play BFBC2 to help me forget what I just witnessed.

as soon as i heard it coming on consoles i had a sneaky feeling it will be a piece of shit game and boy was i right.

next up is Battlefield 3 im afraid :(

No. Far Cry 2 still stands out to me as THE biggest polished turd and arguably one of my biggest disappointments of the past decade. It LOOKS awesome. That's about it.

Crysis 2 could be on track to be the biggest letdown of this year though for a lot of people. I'm still getting into it and I haven't fully decided how I feel about it.

I agree , Far Cry 2 was just god awful in about every regard. I can't believe I played it for even 2 hours.

I think Crysis 2 had serious potential but instead was turned into a console ported mess. I'm glad I didn't buy this game (brother gave it to me for moving crap out of his house) but at least with mods Crysis 1 looks much better.

so this thread was not started after the game was actually released?...lucky guess or the guy can see the future?

this title was so melodramatic I laughed, even with the possibility that it was a statement of truth

as soon as i heard it coming on consoles i had a sneaky feeling it will be a piece of shit game and boy was i right.

At least with Battlefield, DICE has repeatedly said that the PC is their primary platform for development. I happened to read in the last issue of GameInformer(complimentary, wouldn't pay for it), DICE said that they were going to optimize for the PC first, and then figure out how to get it to consoles. They are redoing the entire game engine, and I have to say that it sounds really impressive. It is almost a shame that BF3 is going to be a strictly multiplayer game, as this new engine sounds impressive so far.

At least with Battlefield, DICE has repeatedly said that the PC is their primary platform for development. I happened to read in the last issue of GameInformer(complimentary, wouldn't pay for it), DICE said that they were going to optimize for the PC first, and then figure out how to get it to consoles. They are redoing the entire game engine, and I have to say that it sounds really impressive. It is almost a shame that BF3 is going to be a strictly multiplayer game, as this new engine sounds impressive so far.

Crytek said the same thing about Crysis 2...

Crysis 2 PC version will be optimized for PC. We’re going to surpass Crysis 1 in every way possible, including graphics and gameplay,”...

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/09/...ill-surpass-crysis-1-in-every-way-say-crytek/

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/15766-crysis-2-will-be-optimized-for-current-hardware/

Crytek said the same thing about Crysis 2...

Crysis 2 PC version will be optimized for PC. We’re going to surpass Crysis 1 in every way possible, including graphics and gameplay,”...

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/09/...ill-surpass-crysis-1-in-every-way-say-crytek/

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/15766-crysis-2-will-be-optimized-for-current-hardware/

What you mentioned I think is partially why people are so much more pissed off about the PC version of Crysis 2.

However, lets just wait and see about BF3 before we jump to conclusions. You at least owe DICE the benefit of the doubt, considering that their last game Bad Company 2 was definately one of the better of the console ports done recently.

It is almost a shame that BF3 is going to be a strictly multiplayer game, as this new engine sounds impressive so far.

All the videos and screen shots we've seen of BF3 so far are from the SP side of the game. Maybe you missed that little detail. ;)

/on topic

After playing and suffering through the Crysis 2 demo for a couple of hours I shall not purchase the game until it's under $5. Biggest bummer of the decade so far? I guess so, but my expectations weren't that high to begin with.

All the videos and screen shots we've seen of BF3 so far are from the SP side of the game. Maybe you missed that little detail. ;)

/on topic

After playing and suffering through the Crysis 2 demo for a couple of hours I shall not purchase the game until it's under $5. Biggest bummer of the decade so far? I guess so, but my expectations weren't that high to begin with.

They might claim that BF3 has a single player component to it, but lets be honest in that SP isn't exactly the focus for the BF series :)

I guess when i'm gaming, i'm mostly a single player person as I don't really care too much about playing with others. I do renew my Xbox 360's Gold membership when a good game comes out with good multiplayer like the Halos and the Forza games, but i'm a lone wolf.

What you mentioned I think is partially why people are so much more pissed off about the PC version of Crysis 2.

However, lets just wait and see about BF3 before we jump to conclusions. You at least owe DICE the benefit of the doubt, considering that their last game Bad Company 2 was definately one of the better of the console ports done recently.

Other than the lack of mod tools for BF3 (which really is a major bummer but I'll cope) BF3 has me the most excited. I think DICE can pull it off , BC2 might have been a departure from the BF series but it still was a shit load of fun to play. I've been playing it casually on and off for a year now just about and I've never felt like it got old or boring.

I just hope it isn't delayed into next year , this game must come out during the holiday season.

This...:( I'm worried too. They have lied before, so dice is guilty until proven innocent in my book.

Back