Crysis 2 Most Disappointing Game of Decade?

I'll take Crysis 2 any day of the week over Far Cry 2.

Based on having played Far Cry 2 and the multiplayer demo of Crysis 2, I agree completely. Far Cry 2 was something that should have been aborted and thrown into a dumpster.

Based on having played Far Cry 2 and the multiplayer demo of Crysis 2, I agree completely. Far Cry 2 was something that should have been aborted and thrown into a dumpster.

It had potential to be a good game. If they just cloned STALKER on that engine, added a decent story with some pacing, cut out the bullshit cut n paste missions, spent some time on voice acting, less brown, started a... fuck it, yea it should have been aborted.

Well the good news is, the DX11 patch is on it's way right? And with the other tools that Crtek is going to be releasing very very very soon, I might have to rethink the game as the most dissapointing of the decade.

Wait..what? DX11 isn't close to coming out? Crytek stopped giving updates? Oh, then forget it.

Well the good news is, the DX11 patch is on it's way right? And with the other tools that Crtek is going to be releasing very very very soon, I might have to rethink the game as the most dissapointing of the decade.

Wait..what? DX11 isn't close to coming out? Crytek stopped giving updates? Oh, then forget it.

where will be no dx11 patch, fool! it was a marketing

After actually playing through Crysis 2 I can think of a ton of games that disappointed me more. I can think of a few that even came out this year.

If you were looking for a complex benchmark utility, instead of a game, then yes, it was a big letdown.

It's not marketing. They are making it since the PC community requested it more than anything else. Damn shame you're calling people fools when you don't even have your own facts straight.
Maybe it will be under $10 by then and fully patched out. ;) Right now it's still a half-assed release on the PC.

I really enjoyed Crysis 2. Not disappointing at all.

Same. I'll admit that it shipped with a weird stutter (which was fixed with a framerate cap console command) but as a game I've had a good time with it. I'm on my 2nd playthrough and I've already put more time into it than I put into Crysis 1 or Warhead.
I was far more disappointed with Dragon Age 2 only a few weeks earlier.

I was slightly disappointed in Crysis 2, but it didn't have anything to do with how the game played. It was a very fun and entertaining game. But I wished that Crytek would have used it to show off exactly what CryEngine 3 is capable of on PCs. There is no other engine that can compare to it, and there won't be until Frostbite 2.0.

I can't think of a better game I've played that's been released in the past year or so. Why did we need to dig this thread up again after almost a month?

I'm pretty sure if duke nukem is a gigantic flop, it will be the most prolific failure of the decade.

I'm pretty sure if duke nukem is a gigantic flop, it will be the most prolific failure of the decade.

To be honest, I dont think too many people are really expecting a lot from DNF. People aren't thinking "WOW! 12 years of development this is gonna be awesome!", they're thinking "WOW! 12 years of shoddy and poorly managed development followed by 1 year of it being tied together into a publishable by a good studio into something that'll probably be mediocre!".

If you're expecting DNF to be awesome then you haven't followed anything about its development at all. I haven't even been following the development, just read a bit about it here and there and I'm still not expecting a whole heap.

very much so much disappointed in the game, it was bad but it wasnt great either, i guess ill just leave it as its a good time passing game?

Back