Crysis 2 $16 or Origin

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
Just a heads up that Crysis 2 is $16 on Origin at the moment.

That's a bargain basement price which I'm surprised to see, it's been out for like 8 months. I actually just finished up the SP campaign yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. With the latest DX11 patch and the high-res texture pack, the game looks amazing and plays great. I haven't played MP since I discovered BFBC2 a few months back, but I thought it was very good. (I did get tired of being shot by cloaked people even though it's something I could and did do myself.) As I understand it, MP is not doing well at the moment due to cheating and lack of ongoing developer support.

Lots of hate for this game and I was one of the guys bitching about it but I picked it up for $20 on an Origin sale a couple months ago and I really like it. Definitely not worth $60 but EASILY worth $20 maybe even $30.

I got it over the weekend from the 60% off code and I think it's a pretty good game. Not super amazing, but definitely worth $16.

this deal popped up last night when i logged into Origin (just like steam adverts). very smart of them to ramp up game sales right at the launch of BF3.

Crap, the deal is gone like the wind. Oh well. Got enough games right now. Maybe I'll have time in 6 months

That's odd... it does appear to be gone. There was a promo code... perhaps you have to wait until it pops up?

Dang I closed that popup out without reading it lol, if I knew it was $16 I would have purchased it.

Lots of hate for this game and I was one of the guys bitching about it but I picked it up for $20 on an Origin sale a couple months ago and I really like it. Definitely not worth $60 but EASILY worth $20 maybe even $30.

Wait a minute, you were bitching about a game that you didn't even have?

The promo is still going.

You have to add it to your cart and use the promo code CRYSIS60

I picked it up before I logged into BF3 as I saw it on Origin. Hopefully I'll get to it one of these years.

I'm not sure I feel like crysis 2 is worth $16. Anyone know offhand if it supports Hor+/surround? nvm looks like it does. Hmm I'm thinking about it.

At the very least you're looking at 10-12 hours of pretty fun SP. Not worth $16? Price of a couple of movie tickets?

I guess I better get on the Crysis ball...........
Play Crysis 1
Play Warhead
Play Crysis 2

I never jumped for joy at this game for some reason.

Promo code doesn't work for me, so I'm guessing the deal is gone. That's a shame, as I was looking forward to picking it up too.

At the very least you're looking at 10-12 hours of pretty fun SP. Not worth $16? Price of a couple of movie tickets?

It depends on each individual, but I don't usually spend more than $10 on a linear SP game with very little replay value.

Unless its an RPG game similar to Oblivion or Fallout 3 where I know I'll be getting dozens of hours before I even start trying out those overhaul mods for replaying it.;)

So, the FOV in this game only goes up to 80? Does that skipIntro command not work anymore?

I've looked at some tweaks via Google search but I'm beginning to wonder if some of that stuff is out of date.

I played the game a little when it was new, bought it today and applied the texture + DX11 update and it looks much better.

Seriously save your 16$, that game is just a trainwreck. The multiplayer is just Empty, and many original bug are still present after like 10 patch. The sp is really dull.

Seriously save your 16$, that game is just a trainwreck. The multiplayer is just Empty, and many original bug are still present after like 10 patch. The sp is really dull.

Just like part 1.

I love how on the popup coupon code it says limited quantities... its a digital copy wtf

im starting to get why everyone hated Origin before (and after) BF3 released

my Crysis 2 coupon code: CRYSIS60 go for it

So, the FOV in this game only goes up to 80? Does that skipIntro command not work anymore?

You think 80 is bad? In RO2 the max is 75. Makes me feel nauseous having such a small FOV in shooters.

I love how on the popup coupon code it says limited quantities... its a digital copy wtf

They limit the amount of codes released. Quite a few times they have run out of codes for Steam games.

Ive been using Steam since Half Life 2 first released years ago. never really had any issues that i can remember except about a year ago with Galcon Fusion multiplayer or something. I installed Origin when i pre ordered BF3 over a month ago about a week later i opened Origin and it started its update process. the update install failed and i had un install and re-download the latest... this happened 2 times. Im not a Steam Fanboy but i cant say i like Origin very much

Back