CryEngine2 to be used in a MMORPG

Since it's a mid-2008 release I'm guessing hardware will catch up to that no problem.

No offense but that MMO sounds pretty boring.

Reading that thread, then reading up other posts, its a "safe" world meaning exactly what? no fighting? another sim MMO? I mean c'mon wheres the action :(

I'll hold off on cheering for this yet, I mean they even used a Crysis screen shot!

Just put some flags to cap around this landscape ala BF2 and you would have one hell of an incredible game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8mM0Pj20nw

Only thing I didn't like about that was the chopper scene. Come on, when that rocket hit the chopper I wanted to see it being ripped in half with thousands of parts flying everywhere and oil/fuel leaking. Instead we got a half assed explosion that every other game uses. After they put in so much work to the environment they couldn't make the chopper a bit more exciting?

OMG Planet Entropia is taking off, I played that game when it first started. You use real money as in game money, it is linked to a checking account or credit card. I blew a few hundred bucks playing that game and then quit. Back then it looked like shit but was pretty fun, with CryEngine 2 it will be amazing, I just have the money to spend on it.

This is the game where some australian buisness man bought virtual property for $100,000

This is the game where some australian buisness man bought virtual property for $100,000

No, the Australian bought an Island for $26k, it was the English born Jon Jacobs who bought an Asteroid for $100k, he lives in Florida though.

No, the Australian bought an Island for $26k, it was the English born Jon Jacobs who bought an Asteroid for $100k, he lives in Florida though.

Holy shit, screw that. I remember reading about the island, not the asteroid though.

No offense but that MMO sounds pretty boring.

Reading that thread, then reading up other posts, its a "safe" world meaning exactly what? no fighting? another sim MMO? I mean c'mon wheres the action :(

I'll hold off on cheering for this yet, I mean they even used a Crysis screen shot!

Its probably one of those ones where you have to declare player kill before you can actually fight another player or soemthing. Thats how safe worlds usually mean anyway.

Back