Crucial MX500 1TB M.2 SSD Is $113 @Amazon

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT1000MX500SSD4
https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-MX500-NAND-2280SS-Internal/dp/B0784SY515

Don't forget to click the 5% off coupon box on the page under the price!

61-SAKPkiJL._SL1500_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
While obvious, feel obligated to point out this is a Sata drive.

While obvious, feel obligated to point out this is a Sata drive.
Thanks for pointing that out? I would have never noticed, but I was shocked that it was normally priced 135.
Guess now I know why.

Reactions: Joust
like this
Vindicated.
LOL! You guys crack me up.

Anyhoo - If you can squeeze a few more bucks out of your build budget. I just pulled the trigger on NVME 1tb drives - WD Blacks - for $199 newegg.

From what I've read, next year will bring some big price drops on ram / ram products all around.So if your build can wait a little longer, it will only get better.

LOL! You guys crack me up.

Anyhoo - If you can squeeze a few more bucks out of your build budget. I just pulled the trigger on NVME 1tb drives - WD Blacks - for $199 newegg.

From what I've read, next year will bring some big price drops on ram / ram products all around.So if your build can wait a little longer, it will only get better.
I've heard this, too. I'm still licking my wounds from the premium I paid for a 1 tb 960 Evo earlier this year . I am in need of nvme drives, but I cannot justify it yet. About $125/tb for samsung evo nvme is what I'm thinking. Need (read: want) another 2x16 kit of RAM too. I'm probably about 20% away on that.

It being SATA shouldn't be that much of a big deal... When some of the guys at work did a real world blind test to see if one could tell the difference between a SATA and PCIe NVMe SSD (Based on how fast the OS and applications loaded), nobody could tell the difference because the drive just being solid state removes most of the bottleneck from the machine.

I have one in my shopping cart at the old price, with eligible coupon. However, I think I'm going to pass on this and get humble bundle. I hope I can still get january.

It being SATA shouldn't be that much of a big deal... When some of the guys at work did a real world blind test to see if one could tell the difference between a SATA and PCIe NVMe SSD (Based on how fast the OS and applications loaded), nobody could tell the difference because the drive just being solid state removes most of the bottleneck from the machine.
Yes, ssd's are the biggest thing performance wise to hit pc's in the last 10 years, but the difference between nvme and sata are mind boggling.
Nvme's are noticeably faster in all the things you mentioned. Sounds as if "some of the guys" would'nt notice if they were on spinners.;)
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2008/03/ssds-in-2008-fast-speeds-200mbsec-over-price-cuts/
That's always been the case with prices though, barring the occasional natural disaster or unforeseeable demand (mining).*

*does not apply to iNtel cpu pricing

Yes, ssd's are the biggest thing performance wise to hit pc's in the last 10 years, but the difference between nvme and sata are mind boggling.
Nvme's are noticeably faster in all the things you mentioned. Sounds as if "some of the guys" would'nt notice if they were on spinners.;)
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2008/03/ssds-in-2008-fast-speeds-200mbsec-over-price-cuts/

I'm not sure what quoting a ten year old arstechnica article on sata2 level ssd/hard drives does to make your point. There are more modern comparisons out there. Long story short, in loading the OS and many programs/games etc. there is little to no perceiveable difference. Large file transfers favor nvme.

From the H forums: https://hardforum.com/threads/nvme-...a-iii-ssd-game-load-time-comparisons.1911914/

I'm not sure what quoting a ten year old arstechnica article on sata2 level ssd/hard drives does to make your point. There are more modern comparisons out there. Long story short, in loading the OS and many programs/games etc. there is little to no perceiveable difference. Large file transfers favor nvme.
I did'nt "quote" anything from the arstechnica article. I simply used the article to frame my "ssd's have really only been around for consumers starting around 10 years ago" and even then you were paying out the whazoo.
It is an inarguable fact that NVME's are faster and noticeable* in most things from startup time to program launch over sata ssd's, that's the only point I was trying to make.

Let me put it another way. If someone in the forum was giving away an nvme drive and a sata m.2 drive, and you could only pick one, which one would you pick.;) and why?

*ymmv

Last edited:
I did'nt "quote" anything from the arstechnica article. I simply used the article to frame my "ssd's have really only been around for consumers starting around 10 years ago" and even then you were paying out the whazoo.
It is an inarguable fact that NVME's are faster and noticeable* in most things from startup time to program launch over sata ssd's, that's the only point I was trying to make.

Let me put it another way. If someone in the forum was giving away an nvme drive and a sata m.2 drive, and you could only pick one, which one would you pick.;) and why?

*ymmv

I think I'd actually pick m.2 sata as I am out of pci-e lanes with my 2 NVME drives & I have plenty of sata ports left :)

*ymmv

It all depends on your mobo configuration. 2+ year old mobos will likely share sata ports with m.2, regardless of it being sata or nvme drive for those with combo m.2 slots, M key IIRC. And as the link I posted shows, it is quite arguable that nvme's are noticably faster for anything other than file transfers.

When actually paying money and not getting a drive free, most nvme drives are $50 more expensive per storage space tier. I'll take a 1TB sata m.2/2.5 drive over a 512gb nvme when the 1TB drive is only $20 more.

Back