Crucial M500 SSD @ MIcroCenter (In-Store Only)

PGHammer

2[H]4U
Don't waste your money on the 120GB version. It has horrible write speeds. (130MB/s)

Im guessing 240's will be under $99 this Xmas from everyone. Really hoping to see 512's for $150 within 12 months. We will see.

Don't waste your money on the 120GB version. It has horrible write speeds. (130MB/s)

Even with the "horrible" write speeds, those same write speeds don't disqualify it from older hardware (SATA-2 controllers on older Intel, AMD, or NVidia chipsets) - and they are STILL faster than the fastest platter driver of either that size or twice that size.

For now, this is SSD performance at platter drive pricing (price per gigabyte). You have Amazon for the e-tail only crowd (and the taxophobes), and MicroCenter for those that need that fast SSD yesterday.

I'm waiting for 60gb under $30 or 120gb under $60. My parents just use Windows and Office, no need for a large SSD for them.

Those are some great prices. I've even set the price on the 480GB I have for sale to match those.

At microcenter add the cost of gas and tax and it's not such a great deal. Amazon and online places still have them beat.

A hotdeal is something that is cheaper. These drives can be found cheaper online. End of story. LOL

If you need it right now, you're typically not looking for a hot deal, and you're not looking at price either because you need it. It's not a hot deal no matter how you want to slice it.

A hotdeal is something that is cheaper. These drives can be found cheaper online. End of story. LOL

Not necessarily if you need it right away & would have to pay use-tax for an online purchase.

EG: MC + local tax may be cheaper than amazon + use tax + same/next day shipping.

True, but If you want too pay cash (so your wife doesn't find out about your computer addiction) it's a pretty good deal!...... LOL

Hey, what she doesn't know won't hurt her! (Although it may be extremely painful to me if she finds out!!!)

You guys also have to take into account that new posters to HardOCP / Hotdeal forums are just trying to be cool, fit in, post something. I see this happen all the time. Give them a break. It's not so much a hotdeal as it is just them wanting to post something regardless. Kinda like a baby taking their first steps. Most of us however will only only post real deals that are hot.

For now, this is SSD performance at platter drive pricing (price per gigabyte). You have Amazon for the e-tail only crowd (and the taxophobes), and MicroCenter for those that need that fast SSD yesterday.

SSD performance at platter drive pricing??? Where the hell are you buying 240gb platter drives at over $100? Maybe if you used a time machine and went back to 2006 to compare them...

Not that these are terrible prices but claiming its the same price per gig as platter drives??

Unless of course this is your calculator...

IpyeW8S.jpg

Reads are still where its at with this drive, writes don't stand out as being slow either. Bought the 240GB from Amazon for the wife's laptop and it now runs 100 times better then the 750GB it had. Win7 seemed to pound that 750GB into the ground even with 8GB Ram. As previously stated, 130MB is still faster then 99% of mechanical drives.

Love the lower prices on SSD's..

Back