Crucial M500 960GB $440

Yeah sorry to get off topic, that tablet you want, it's the old version, there is a newer V2 of the same model but it's expensive. Also, it has some real bad jitter issues along with pressure issues. If you get one of these tablets, make sure you get a drawing glove.

That one I linked already has some amazing reviews. Can't wait to get it. It's not out. Pre order only.

I've been waiting for exactly this drive to go on sale, bought! And to think, I paid more than this for my 160GB Intel X25 SSD in 2009.

Get this one if you missed the Adorama via ebay deal or the TG seagte 600 deal or the newegg 1TB deal.

Those three were at $.47/TB
This one is a record low at $ .45/TB

Goddamn this is a great price. I just bought a 256 samsung pro from newegg last month and they won't let you do returns on these. FUCK YOU NEWEGGG IT'S THE LAST FUCKING TIME I EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU. Amazon already gets 99% of my online shopping because of their no hassle return policy and now they're going to get 100%.

I'm never shopping at newegg again.

Goddamn this is a great price. I just bought a 256 samsung pro from newegg last month and they won't let you do returns on these. FUCK YOU NEWEGGG IT'S THE LAST FUCKING TIME I EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU. Amazon already gets 99% of my online shopping because of their no hassle return policy and now they're going to get 100%.

I'm never shopping at newegg again.

I mean I understand not liking a places business practices or policies but I've personally never had a time where I've felt screwed over by any store where I couldn't get it taken care of via customer support. If you are a thorn in their side long enough they will cave most of the time, in fact Amazon has been the only one to just flat tell me "we are sorry you don't want to do business with us but that is your choice to make". You can boycott newegg all you want but if you aren't a valued customer (think $10,000+ over the last 2-5 years) they may not be willing to help you and the same goes for Amazon...In reality you will still give their site traffic and sometimes that is all they want. I will agree that Amazon is making it exceedingly easy to keep giving them my money but having more than one place to shop is nice if for no other reason than to get a reference on prices on where they should/might be.

Last edited:
I mean I understand not liking a places business practices or policies but I've personally never had a time where I've felt screwed over by any store where I couldn't get it taken care of via customer support. If you are a thorn in their side long enough they will cave most of the time, in fact Amazon has been the only one to just flat tell me "we are sorry you don't want to do business with us but that is your choice to make". You can boycott newegg all you want but if you aren't a valued customer (think $10,000+ over the last 2-5 years) they may not be willing to help you and the same goes for Amazon...In reality you will still give their site traffic and sometimes that is all they want. I will agree that Amazon is making it exceedingly easy to keep giving them my money but having more than one place to shop is nice if for no other reason than to get a reference on prices on where they should/might be.

I agree with you and not to hijack this thread but the point I was making was their return policy. Why is it that I can't return my asus hero that I just bought (not that I plan to) to newegg but I can on amazon? Same goes for everything else I just bought for my new build. I bought a pair of senns 558 on amazon and returned them even tho I opened them and used them because I found a better deal on a set of headphones somewhere else. This reason alone is why I love shopping at amazon. Returns are SO easy on nearly everything (except things like consumables and software of course). Newegg's return policy just plane sucks, even if you can return something they charge you a 15% restocking fee if you open the item.

I agree with you and not to hijack this thread but the point I was making was their return policy. Why is it that I can't return my asus hero that I just bought (not that I plan to) to newegg but I can on amazon? Same goes for everything else I just bought for my new build. I bought a pair of senns 558 on amazon and returned them even tho I opened them and used them because I found a better deal on a set of headphones somewhere else. This reason alone is why I love shopping at amazon. Returns are SO easy on nearly everything (except things like consumables and software of course). Newegg's return policy just plane sucks, even if you can return something they charge you a 15% restocking fee if you open the item.

Your own post answered your own on rant. Hey lets buy stuff, use it and return it because I found a better deal somewhere else.

Your own post answered your own on rant. Hey lets buy stuff, use it and return it because I found a better deal somewhere else.

Yea that's the way the world works. If I buy something and I don't like it, find a better price, or etc I have 15-45 days (depending on retailer) to return it.

Yea that's the way the world works. If I buy something and I don't like it, find a better price, or etc I have 15-45 days (depending on retailer) to return it.

Yet you wonder why Newegg has restocking fees, I can't wait for your Amazon account to get locked out and for that rant of why Amazon banned your account.

Yet you wonder why Newegg has restocking fees, I can't wait for your Amazon account to get locked out and for that rant of why Amazon banned your account.

The ones that get locked out are the ones that do it ALL the time. Over the past 7 years of I've returned maybe 4 items with the most expensive being $200.

The ones that get locked out are the ones that do it ALL the time. Over the past 7 years of I've returned maybe 4 items with the most expensive being $200.

I must be lucky, in over 15 years if buying hardware and other electronics from newegg,amazon and elsewhere I've never had to return anything.

I just bought a Samsung EVO 500 GB from Microcenter on the 1st for $365, Would I be crazy not to get this and return the EVO?

Although its specs are nowhere near as good as the Evo. Evo is however on sale on NewEgg

I just bought a Samsung EVO 500 GB from Microcenter on the 1st for $365, Would I be crazy not to get this and return the EVO?

Newegg has that for $300 today, so you have an incentive anyway.

Although its specs are nowhere near as good as the Evo. Evo is however on sale on NewEgg

Nothing anyone in a desktop environment would notice. It all comes down to space. If you need it / want it. Then yes return it..

I just bit. My backup hdd is crashing randomly, so its going back for RMA. Then getting sold to help pay off this purchase.

Nothing anyone in a desktop environment would notice. It all comes down to space. If you need it / want it. Then yes return it..

EVO has those RAMdisk utilities from samsung too, those could be useful. On the other hand the M500 has data loss protection.

Back