Crucial M500 250GB - $110

Just a headsup - the 120 and 240 versions of this drive only have 250mb/s writes, not 400 that Amazon has on their page.

400 writes are for the 480 and 960 versions of this drive.

Lame. I should have done full due diligence before buying the 240 earlier this week from Amazon, so I suppose I'm partly to blame. Sick of Amazon fucking up product descriptions though and never fixing it even after being told repeatedly of the error. Another reason to drop Prime I suppose. Ah well. Wife won't notice the difference in speed anyway coming from Intel X25-V

Just a headsup - the 120 and 240 versions of this drive only have 250mb/s writes, not 400 that Amazon has on their page.

400 writes are for the 480 and 960 versions of this drive.

Yes, and that's part of the reason they're less expensive. It's also grounds to send it back on Amazon's dime if that's not what you expected. :)

Good deal, don't care about the write speed differences for that price point. It's all about read most of the time anyways.

I don't even know how to max out that kind of write speed, anyway. Copying from SSD to SSD, maybe? Writes from RAM?
Optical drives? I don't know how fast Blu-Ray drives can read.

HDD file copies will max out at the read speed of the drives.

I don't even know how to max out that kind of write speed, anyway. Copying from SSD to SSD, maybe? Writes from RAM?
Optical drives? I don't know how fast Blu-Ray drives can read.

HDD file copies will max out at the read speed of the drives.

This.

Only benefit of fast write is for people who do SSD to SSD copy. But using a SSD as storage is dumb anyways. I got this for 119$ a few months ago. Very fast SSD if not the fastest ( reads )

Nice price! I thought I was getting a deal when I paid $125 awhile back.

Some people just have to have the fastest benchmarks. Personally, I own 3 of these. And I have the previous generation too. Love Crucial SSDs.

^ I agree.

0.3 Milliseconds = Time is money...

I bought another for no reason. Well, for one reason.... It was cheap.

I am hoping there will be some significant price drops soon. As in, 480GB for under $200.

Lol - Amazon was $119.99 yesterday, $109.00 this morning (and I grabbed one) and now it's $107.00! Oh well - I can deal with paying two bucks more.

If you call or chat with them and tell them you just bought it, they will probably refund the two bucks. I wouldn't personally do it for just $2 but I have done it in the past when the price dropped ten or twenty dollars.

Didn't mean to start a shit storm on speeds - was just pointing out the advertisement flaw on Amazon's part...

Think I'm going to pull out my hdd from my small computer and just replace it with one of these or maybe I'll get the 480 gig for 220. All I need it for is os, games, and some music. Screw the benchmarks, I need stability and fast reads!!! ;)

Didn't mean to start a shit storm on speeds - was just pointing out the advertisement flaw on Amazon's part...

THE INTERNET DECIDES WHAT YOU DID OR DID NOT MEAN TO DO!

</caps>

I'm still wondering if any of these new SSD's are going to be a large enough step up from the PNY XLR8 I bought about a year back.

Back