Crucial m4 512GB - $350 shipped @ TigerDirect

Looks like Amazon also has it for that price, though probably no additional cash back stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice price. I picked mine up for $345 several months ago and it's nice to see it go down to that level again.

I have a guy selling 3 of these locally for $275 for one. And $250/each for all 3. I thought it was a bad deal, but now... I'm going to call him.

I have a guy selling 3 of these locally for $275 for one. And $250/each for all 3. I thought it was a bad deal, but now... I'm going to call him.

Where do you live?! :D

Went ahead and picked one up....was waiting for these to drop to $300-ish by black friday...but it seems like the high capacaity SSDs aren't budging much in price....I do see alot of lower capacity ones going for dirt cheap....I got the kingston hyperx 3k 120gb for $60 shipped not long ago

It seems like the next gen drives aren't getting much larger either. 64 GB drives are going away, but 512 GB is still the top capacity in lines like the Samsung 840 Pro. I'm hoping some manufacturer bumps the top capacity to 640, 750/768 or something so that 512's will drop. As long as they remain the largest available I suspect their prices will remain artificially high compared to smaller capacities as they are the "flagship" products.

256 GB is realistically going to be enough space for normal users such as mom/dad. I suspect this is true even if they have a digital video camera non-gamers/enthusiasts will take a while to fill such a drive. How many years of holiday home video @ 1080p can one fit on 256 GB?

Anyways...that is to say...this price seems high per GB, but it's a good deal for what it is and I expect it to remain so for at least the next 6 months-1 year.

Went ahead and picked one up....was waiting for these to drop to $300-ish by black friday...but it seems like the high capacaity SSDs aren't budging much in price....I do see alot of lower capacity ones going for dirt cheap....I got the kingston hyperx 3k 120gb for $60 shipped not long ago

I, too, have been holding out till 500GB ssds drop to ~$250-ish, but the relatively inexpensive 250GB drives are so tempting. Still gonna hold off till at least late spring/summer.

It seems like the next gen drives aren't getting much larger either. 64 GB drives are going away, but 512 GB is still the top capacity in lines like the Samsung 840 Pro. I'm hoping some manufacturer bumps the top capacity to 640, 750/768 or something so that 512's will drop. As long as they remain the largest available I suspect their prices will remain artificially high compared to smaller capacities as they are the "flagship" products.
/nods
We might not see larger capacity drives till NAND density increases. Samsung's TLC NAND might speed up the price drops for 500GB+ consumer ssds in 2013 *crosses fingers*

I just got the 256 GB version last week of the M4 ($160 shipped from Newegg). It's pretty damn fast. Then again, it's my first SSD, so I'd probably say any SSD was pretty damn fast. I know that once the 512 GB version dips below $300, I'll be tempted by it. Hell, my new 256 GB SSD is already over half full and I haven't even finished downloading my Steam library onto it. :eek:

Back