Crucial m4 256gb. $159.99 + FS at Amazon.com

These crazy ssd price drops just never seem to let up, gotta love it. SSD prices have dropped so much this year that I might just hold out to see if the 500GB+ models drop to under ~$220 or so before summer of 2013. Still, this is damn tempting and my 128GB Intel is feeling a lil' cramped...

I'm sure you're correct as far as the future SSD prices, but if some people need it now.......well? :p :D

from the way the prices have been it looks like inventory liquidation to me, newer models should come out soon and I think its best to wait until black friday. If you NEED and ssd now its a good price.

I've got my eyes out for a sub $350 great performing 480/512GB drive.

Also, this isn't quite as good as the $155 FS deal from newegg last week.

I've got my eyes out for a sub $350 great performing 480/512GB drive.

Also, this isn't quite as good as the $155 FS deal from newegg last week.

For some of us who live in CA, TN and NJ who pay sales tax on Newegg orders it isn't. :)

I live in NJ and for now Amazon doesn't charge me sales tax till next year when a warehouse will be built in NJ hence at that point sales tax will be charged to NJ shipping addressed orders.

from the way the prices have been it looks like inventory liquidation to me, newer models should come out soon and I think its best to wait until black friday. If you NEED and ssd now its a good price.

Its the NAND manufacturers trying to gain market share that has caused the recent price drops. There have been reports that they will collectively decrease production in order to stabilize prices, but that hasn't happened yet.

Its the NAND manufacturers trying to gain market share that has caused the recent price drops. There have been reports that they will collectively decrease production in order to stabilize prices, but that hasn't happened yet.

So if this is true then maybe these prices will drop a tad more and that's it not counting special sales and or rebate sale offers.

For some of us who live in CA, TN and NJ who pay sales tax on Newegg orders it isn't. :)

Amazon started charging CA sales tax on 9/15/2012.

Here is an interesting tidbit on Amazon's CA sales tax. The two CA cities where Amazon locates their warehouses are kicking back to Amazon a major portion (40% or more) of the sales tax collected.

Amazon started charging CA sales tax on 9/15/2012.

Here is an interesting tidbit on Amazon's CA sales tax. The two CA cities where Amazon locates their warehouses are kicking back to Amazon a major portion (40% or more) of the sales tax collected.

I didn't notice they started to collect tax already, so if you are in CA , there is no online retailer without tax. I'm right ? shit I wanna move out of CA

I didn't notice they started to collect tax already, so if you are in CA , there is no online retailer without tax. I'm right ? shit I wanna move out of CA

TigerDirect unless they recently started charging too.

I'm going to wait for BF and see what is available then. I would really love to get one now but I don't actually need it. I would love to see them get to under $.50/GB (for a good ssd, I know that there are crappy ones for that price already).

Does anyone know when we are supposed to see new models?

I'm sorry for you CA people.

Like I said NJ shipped orders will start paying sales tax on Amazon orders sometime I think in 2013 when either ground is broken or the NJ warehouse completed which would buy some time.

We can all speculate what will happen to SSD prices.

It may go down a bit more or supply manipulated so prices stay steady.

Just a big question mark at this point in time.

THIS DEAL IS STILL ALIVE AS OF 8:30 AM edst September 18, 2012

Nice! Buy a staples coupon off of ebay for $7 ($25 off $75), then after online purchase at staples.com PM to staples via online chat. Roughly $141 n tax.

Nice! Buy a staples coupon off of ebay for $7 ($25 off $75), then after purchase PM to staples. Roughly $141 n tax.

I've heard of that deal "forever" and plenty of people who don't want to go through the trouble for a few dollars savings after tax.

I've heard of that deal "forever" and plenty of people who don't want to go through the trouble for a few dollars savings after tax.

True for some, but for me the savings paid for 2 x Antec TrueQuiet 120 Cooling Fan staples had on sale.

Back