Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Refurb) - $29 + FreeShip

Got one yesterday and it is on its way. I can't believe I miss the bigger drives.

Just checked mine, and it still says "In Process" so maybe I'll get one afterall.

Yea, mine got cancelled too. Would be nice if they actually send an email out saying so instead of me having to look it up on their website.

I'm still in process as well. I used paypal and guest checkout too, so if they cancel it'll be interesting to see how quick I'm refunded.

This was an impulse buy. Just canceled manually over chat instead of being stuck in limbo. Hopefully this frees up 3 drives for folks that need them but I suspect it would have been canceled anyway.

I got in fairly early on the deal and as of 140pm CST it is still in process.

I ordered at like 6am. Doesn't look like they've shipped very many.

Glad mine is for an older HTPC that I rarely use.

Starting to get pissed.... my order has been "processing" since the 15th.

Starting to get pissed.... my order has been "processing" since the 15th.

I doubt that's normal. Maybe it's out of stock. Mine shipped 1 day after I submitted my order back in February.

I'd chat with customer service. For a different order with Crucial, they placed my order on hold due to the item being out of stock for a few days. They upgraded me to next day shipping for free when it did come back in stock.

I doubt that's normal. Maybe it's out of stock. Mine shipped 1 day after I submitted my order back in February.

I'd chat with customer service. For a different order with Crucial, they placed my order on hold due to the item being out of stock for a few days. They upgraded me to next day shipping for free when it did come back in stock.

Its due to the overwhelming amount of response the sale got. Once it hit slickdeals it blew up. They don't have the stock to fill all the refurb orders. At the price any sane person should have expected the order to be cancelled or an extended wait time or hell even both.

We all may be too late, including myself that placed the order before 1am on the 15th.

According to the slickdeals forums, this deal was first announced on the 14th. Crucial only had 500-700 units for sale, and they sold out very quickly (over 3000 units were bought). People are starting to receive cancellations on their PayPal accounts, although they still show "in process" on the Crucial site.

I guess I will check my Paypal. Just wanted to give the heads up to all those still waiting (mine still shows in process.. Hahaha).

UPDATE: My PayPal still shows a Pending status, so nothing refunded yet. Hopefully, this is a good sign!

Last edited:
Prolly getting cancelled or maybe they are waiting on another batch.

My order from 1:44am, 5-15-15, is still pending. Both on Paypal and on Crucial.

Thank you for your recent order. We regret that due to increased demand for the product you selected, we do not have sufficient inventory to fill your order.

Due to an overwhelming demand, the 128GB Factory Recertified SSD that you ordered is no longer available. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Crucial.com strives to maintain accurate stock information on our Web site and to fill all orders on the same day they are placed. However, sometimes this simply isn't possible due to the high demand for particular Factory Recertified SSDs.

Due to the unavailability of the Factory Recertified SSD that you ordered, we have canceled your order. Please visit our Web site at www.crucial.com to check out our other SSDs.

If you have further questions, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-336-8896 to have a representative assist you.
Our hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Mountain Time). At Crucial, we are committed to providing high-quality products and reliable service and support.

Ecommerce Sales & Support
Tel: 800-336-8896
Tel: (208)363-5790 (outside US & Canada)
Fax: (208) 363-5501
mailto:[email protected]

I guess they just got around to cancelling everyone's orders.... NUTS!!!

Also this is stupid. This is 2015, not 1995. Realtime inventory and ordering should be tied together so this shit doesn't happen....

Apparently I didn't hit buy. Guess it wouldn't have mattered since it seems like there are lots of cancellations.

These too-good-to-be-true deals are always a crapshoot, especially once the SlickDeals termites have infested it. Its not unlike the deals based on a pricing error at a B&M store that everyone jumps on - chances are it won't work out but a few people get lucky. You're basically just buying a lottery ticket.

Just cancelled, they took long enough to let us know about the cancellation.

These too-good-to-be-true deals are always a crapshoot, especially once the SlickDeals termites have infested it. Its not unlike the deals based on a pricing error at a B&M store that everyone jumps on - chances are it won't work out but a few people get lucky. You're basically just buying a lottery ticket.

while this is true, Id never have found this deal without SD, so its not right to insult them. Its the best deals site andhas saved me a lot of money.

Back