Crucial M4 - 128gb SSD - $99.99 @ 1:00 PDT - Newegg Shellshocker

Not active til 1pm PDT

Ninja edit: Now i see it in the subject line. Whoops

Aaaaaaaand I left my $70 in rebate cards at home. So much for that idea...

Great deal on SSD's lately, this is a no-brainer for one whose needing a SSD.

Good deal. It's been $90 at Staples before after coupon but this is probably the best no-hassle price for this awesome SSD.

Good deal. It's been $90 at Staples before after coupon but this is probably the best no-hassle price for this awesome SSD.

Pricematch at Amazon, then PM at Staples and use a $25 off $75 coupon.

$75 + tax

:cool:

Wow I just got mine for $114.95 from Amazon with 2 day free shipping thanks to Prime. But this deal is even better.

Its about time that good SSD's fall below the required $1 per GB.

Making room for M5's?

http://www.guru3d.com/news/price-war-in-the-ssd-market-is-starting/

Price War in the SSD Market is Starting
By Hilbert Hagedoorn, April 28, 2012 - 11:33 PM N/A

Large SSD makers have reportedly begun to slash prices on their products. The move is logically linked to the falling price of flash memory, but there may be something else involved reports softpedia:

NAND flash memory prices will constantly go down once smaller lithography technologies start producing it and the production capacity is increased. Increased production usually means lower prices just as long as demand doesn’t greatly surpasses the available production.

Demand is growing, but the yet prohibitive SSD prices are keeping it in check.

The demand for SSDs won’t grow out of control until SSD per-gigabyte prices get to be lower than the per-gigabyte prices of the HDDs from last year. Yes, last year was quite a normal situation where, if you had 1TB of data, you wondered whether it wasn’t better to buy a new HDD instead of writing it on to DVDs.

This year, the prices of the HDDs are so high that people only buy them so that they would be able to put together a computer and install the operating system with some extra capacity to spare.

Nobody checks for capacity/dollar ratio, as it would be normal. SSDs are too small and expensive so, as expensive as hard disk drives are right now, you’d have a little more space using a HDD.

SSDs haven’t yet reached the level of demand there is for system hard drives right now. The HDD demand from 2011 is still a few more years away when SSDs are concerned.

If the demand is kept in check, every manufacturing breakthrough will mean a slight decrease in price in the hope of increased volume of sales.

Large SSD makers such as Kingston Technology, Intel, OCZ and Crucial have all started reducing the prices of their products, but the reduction may not be as strongly linked to the decrease in the NAND flash costs, but to the increased number of small “amateur” SSD makers that are “messing up” their market.

The big SSD players may just be trying to deal some heavy blows to the little guys.

General question regarding this Crucial M4 ssd's. They have two variants. The SSD1 and SSD2. The SSD2 being 9.5mm and the SSD1 being 7mm. Couple questions:

1. It appears the only difference is in height? Any other differences?
2. I will be using the drive for my desktop...but could see myself upgrading in the future and moving this drive to a laptop (all in the future...don't even have a laptop now to put it in). Will I regret having the taller (9.5mm) version if I get a thin laptop sometime in the future? Will these 9.5mm ssd's not fit in the thin laptops??

Are you fucking kidding me.... I must've run my card 45 seconds after the deal went live and it said "out of stock"

I bet they will magically have more in stock in a couple of hours when the deal is over

WTF! sold out already? i had it in my cart and then it wasnt. oh well.

it was less than 4 minutes. i kept refresh until it was live and then went through the process. id say it was more like 45 seconds.

Wow...that was fast. Already OOS. I almost got it...got it into my cart but then it was gone.

Bummer.

Fuck... Ordered mine the second it went live get to checkout "This item has been removed from your cart due to quantity limitation"

Fucking A.... that went OOS too damn fast.

Was filling out payment for 3 of them and they were gone.

wtf???
had it in my cart at 1:00pm PST and entered cc info; send order and they're out!!!!! this is BS!!

Now lets see how many that ordered them actually get them. Pretty annoying to see a shell shocker deal with such limited quantity.

Back