Crucial M4 128GB SSD $89.99 shipped. Buy.com

About 3 months ago, I pulled the trigger on the M4 when it was on sale for $120 or so. I remember thinking that I better jump all over the deal since I had never seen a quality SSD for such a low price. Fast forward to now and the prices are even lower. I almost wished I had waited, but I don't regret anything about the purchase. Best upgrade I've bought in a long time.

At this rate, I will be buying another SSD for the sole purpose of gaming sooner than I thought.

Yeah I got a used one of these for $85 last month.

The 128 is big enough for the OS and a couple moderate sized games. I still have a couple gigs free. If things keep dropping I'll probably pick up a 256GB as a game data drive to eliminate spinny disks from my desktop build. Currently I have an old 320 GB HDD in there as well as a place to shove large files if I want, but so far it hasn't seen any use. All my large files are on external drives or network storage.

I picked up a second one recently. This is a great deal if you have one right now, but with the way prices for SSDs are dropping across the board and the August 1st official drop on all Crucial drives, I can see drives twice this size selling for around $100 on black friday.

Wtf, Buy.com collects tax now? I'm in NY. Plus, they charge for shipping. After promo code and $2.99 UPS shipping it's a couple bucks cheaper for me at Newegg and I have no issues with them as far as customer service is concerned. I went with the Egg on this one for $102.something.

Yeah I got a used one of these for $85 last month.

The 128 is big enough for the OS and a couple moderate sized games. I still have a couple gigs free. If things keep dropping I'll probably pick up a 256GB as a game data drive to eliminate spinny disks from my desktop build. Currently I have an old 320 GB HDD in there as well as a place to shove large files if I want, but so far it hasn't seen any use. All my large files are on external drives or network storage.

I have a 128GB samsung 830 and I have used the tweaks over at overclock.net to save space & I have windows 7 installed plus 6 games & still have 20GB to spare, 128gb IMO is still plenty big. I do not use any Mech drives in my Rig to slow

WoW
Tera
The Lord of the Rings Online
Saints Row The Third
Trine
Batman Arkham City

I have the M4 128gb and its fantastic. I just reinstalled windows and after all the SSD tweaks, I'm only using 12gigs which is only about 10% for the OS, not too shabby.

When I have a few games installed I sometimes need to manage how many I have installed, but I've found it actually helps me complete games before installing new ones off Steam. Eventually I'd like to upgrade to a 256 or even 512, but I'm perfectly fine waiting for the next gen if they are cheap.

amazing deal, I have one of these and love it. Payed $110 for it 3 weeks ago and I dont regret it at all, best price:performance upgrade ive done to my computer in a long time.

It's nice seeing the progression to lower SSD prices. Definitely picking up a larger one in the coming months if these things continue to drop.

Back