Crucial M4 040H BIOS

Domingo

Fully [H]
Looks like it hit this morning. http://www.crucial.com/help/ssd/index.aspx?source=web
Haven't tried it yet, but supposedly this helps with the drives randomly disappearing from the BIOS (especially in UEFI).
If they can ever get that problem squared away the M4's would be pretty close to the top of the SSD heap. As it stands, it's hard to recommend one until that's fixed, though.

Release Date: 12/04/2012
Version 040H includes the following changes:

-Improved robustness in the event of an unexpected power loss. Significantly reduces the incidence of long reboot times after an unexpected power loss.
-Corrected minor status reporting error during SMART Drive Self Test execution (does not affect SMART attribute data).
-Streamlined firmware update command for smoother operation in Windows 8.
Improved wear leveling algorithms to improve data throughput when foreground wear leveling is required.
-Additional details can be found in the firmware guide

Release Notes..

"-Improved robustness in the event of an unexpected power loss. Significantly reduces the incidence of long reboot times after an unexpected power loss."

About f'ing time

Updated using the bootable USB method with no problems whatsoever... didn't even have to turn off RAID.

No issues with mine in my 2 reboots into BIOS (which is a UEFI). Before it was always a crapshoot if the drive would disappear each time I went into my BIOS setup.
If nothing else, that drive forced me to find a really good stable overclock and just stick to it.

Just got my replacement M4 and upgraded the firmware to this. So far so good.

thanks for the information. i will try to update today to see how it goes

Back