Crucial M226 64gb ssd $64 (refurb)

nyt

Limp Gawd
http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?imodule=CTRFB64M225

just ordered 4.

edit: Limited stock & warranty only 30 days. Talked to tech support and the M225's are updated to latest firmware including trim support. They also have garbage collection feature if you don't want trim enabled or don't have trim OS.
from slickdeals post

edit again:

Order date/time: 04/12/2010 12:39 EST

Welcome to Crucial Technology's Expert Online. An Expert Online agent will join you in a moment... Please do not begin typing until you have been connected to an agent.
Hello, my name is Kendra . How may I help you?
Rob ...: Hi, my order is .......... will this be fulfilled or did stock run out first?
Kendra : One moment, please, while I review your inquiry.
Kendra : Yes, the web team is supposed to remove that part now. I confirmed with my supervisor that we will be filling the orders, but it may take a while before we get the parts in.
Rob .....: So, my order will be fulfilled? How long is a while?
Kendra : There is no ETA on the part as of yet. I'm very sorry.
Kendra : You are welcome to keep checking, but we don't know yet.

update: FAIL =[

Thank you for placing your memory order with Crucial Technology. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, the Refurbished 64GB M225 2.5" SATA 3.0 Gb/s Solid State Drive's you have ordered for your system are not available at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Crucial strives to maintain accurate stock information on our Web site and to fill all orders on the same day they are placed. However, sometimes this simply isn't possible due to the high demand for particular parts. However, we might have higher-density modules that will fit your needs.

Due to the unavailability of the modules that you ordered, we have canceled your order. Please visit our Web site at www.crucial.com to place another order, or call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-336-8896 to have a representative assist you.

At Crucial, we are committed to taking care of our customers by providing the highest-quality products and most reliable service and support.

Last edited:
Was just coming here to post this. I know little about SSDs, will this be much of a speed jump for me over my 640GB WD?

The CTRFB64M225 drive has TRIM from what I read on other sites. I think they may be out of stock now though.

It's an Indilinx+MLC drive, like the Vertex/Agility- yes, it supports TRIM. In for 2.

Last edited:
In for 3. Ordered earlier, so hopefully they go through.

I've never bought refurbished computer parts, is there any reason to worry with these SSD's?

I ordered also but someone on slick deals called in and said that they are out of stock. Well see if they cancel the drive orders or not.

i just bought an intel g2 80gb for $175 off the forums. would this drive give comparable performance, worth downgrading to to save some money? also it says for me estimated delivery april 29th so if youre looking for something soon might wanna pass.

This got hammered over on slickdeals. One guy proudly ordered 1200...Not really much point in bothering now, you're just going to get cancelled.

This got hammered over on slickdeals. One guy proudly ordered 1200...Not really much point in bothering now, you're just going to get cancelled.

lol. yeah i decided not to finish my purchase. i should get my drive today or tomorrow, and i dont want to wait a month and then just get my order cancelled.

I ordered, one. It pulled funds from my paypal balance already...so they better not make me wait forever for one.

I ordered, one. It pulled funds from my paypal balance already...so they better not make me wait forever for one.

Mine just says pending on paypal.

Edit: Drives are gone.
stuffa.jpg

Last edited:
hmm, it doesnt say they are OOS on their site,,,,

do they not update their inventory?

this hit SD's 2 hours ago and went front page, trust me, they've been out for a while now. More then likely if you didn't get your order in by 1:30pm central you don't have a prayer.

I did anyways, I really hope they don't honor the douche buying 1200 who is just trying to make a quick profit.

This must be a joke. Who goes onto internet deal forums with the intention of dropping $75000 on solid state hard drives?

well, I'm in for one "I'm sorry but..." email :D

Back