Crucial Ballistix Sport Low profile

Anyone have experience with this half height memory?? It looks like it would fit under any cooler.

(32GB DDR3L 1600 CL9 UDIMM Sport VLP)

I have one stick in my htpc for about a year now. The entire system only has 1 very slow 140mm rpm fan, so the ram is essentially passively cooled. No problems so far.

I have a set of Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB DDR3-1600 (BLS2K8G3D1609ES2LX0). No problems with it. I don't overclock it though.

I don't have any interest in buying 7-story-tall RAM modules, so I would definitely buy this RAM again.

Reasonably certain that's the same stuff that's in my desktop. (though i've got a 2x8gig kit)

Barely taller than the memory slot it's in so height is basically a non-issue with those guys.

I have 2x4GB kit and it's been working okay for a few months, no complaint for their performance and stability so far.

I run 4 x 8GB of that Crucial Sport VLP and it works fine at 9-9-9-24 1T in my system. I did bump the voltage up to 1.425V from 1.35V because my motherboard was reporting the voltage a little low, but that can probably be blamed on software.

At least with 32GB of the stuff I had very little luck with over clocking. The situation may be different if I wasn't running four sticks, but I never bothered to try.

Overall, I'd buy it again for a PC that called for VLP memory.

Your results with four sticks is similar to my encounter. with this memory. But, since I was testing very large tower type coolers and a few low profile coolers, the half height of these memory sticks worked with everything I tried.

As I didn't try them with many different brands of coolers, I thought I would ask for users experiences with this memory. All I need now is to make up my mind to build another system using this memory or sell it, decisions, decisions!

Last edited:
I saw a photo of a 1333 MHz, 7-7-7 model. The chip had only generic markings, not a standard Micron part number, and the "-15" speed rating indicated the chips were 1333 MHz, 9-9-9.

Back