Crucial Ballistix DDR500 and failure rate question

I'm never buying Crucial F__kng ram again. They suck big ____. They offered me $60 store credit for ram I have had nothing but problems with.
I paid $300 for the set, yes I know it was 2 1/2 years ago, but still. I don't want the store credit. I don't want their ram anymore, however, I would take
a set of DDR500 ram that doesn't burn up within a year at most. But they don't have it and won't give me anything better.

Am I being unreasonable or do you guys agree ?

Stop setting the voltage too high on your ram ;p

Got a kit and they are flawless at 1.950v heheh

That's why I use G.Skill DDR500 in my old A8N-32SLI rig.. Heheh.. Although, I do have to admit I'm using Ballistix Tracers (Red 4x2GB) in my current rig.. Hope I didn't just jinx myself..

Voltage is the enemy of memory. Start at 1.8V (the DDR2 standard) and work your way up until the system is stable. The modules are fine, but the 2.1V that Crucial specs them at is not.

And yes, I think that you're being a _little_ unreasonable.

Stop setting the voltage too high on your ram ;p

Got a kit and they are flawless at 1.950v heheh

How long have you had them ? Plus I'm assuming you're using DDR2 sticks.
Ballsitx DDR sticks have been known to be the hottest and most prone
to burning up sticks I have ever heard about. I would pass on them if you gave them to me.

Voltage is the enemy of memory. Start at 1.8V (the DDR2 standard) and work your way up until the system is stable. The modules are fine, but the 2.1V that Crucial specs them at is not.

You're also talking about DDR2 since crucial Ballstix DDR500 needs some where around 2.7-2.8v to even be stable after a year or so. And then they burn up because of it.

Also you guys are sleeping if you think the new DDR2 Ballstix is that much better then DDR. It may burn up less, but a lot are still burning up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...g=-1&PurchaseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False&Page=2

If six out of ten people on Newegg in their reviews say their bad. So would I.
People do report when they like products you know.

Back