Crucial 512GB for $396.49 on buy.com

Same price as getting 2 256s. I would expect the price of 1 512 to be cheaper then 2 256s since there is 1 less of many things.

Same price as getting 2 256s. I would expect the price of 1 512 to be cheaper then 2 256s since there is 1 less of many things.
Except that it requires higher density chips, which aren't mainstream yet (read: individual ICs are more expensive).

Aren't the 512s faster than the 128s? If I seem to remember correctly.

paid $520 for one of these 6 weeks ago and no regrets if I had the need I would buy another.

I saw this on SD and my jaw dropped. But I think 240-256 GB will be "enough" for me. (Yes, I know that's a bad word to say. :eek: :p) The price is currently $402.28, including shipping. Great deal, but I'll stay w/ the 240-256 range for my next SSD.

tempting.... only if I had space in my case for these. Had to remove my secondary drive cages for my radiator.. =(

Basically, this is the price of a GTX 670. That said, one can get a 670 and 512 GB m4 and a 3rd gen i5 chip for $1k, not too shabby, for such high end components.

Except that it requires higher density chips, which aren't mainstream yet (read: individual ICs are more expensive).

Why not just make a larger array of lower density chips? Why must all SSDs fit in a laptop bay? Why not make a hunkin chunkin 5.25" bay device that fits where all those empty spaces in many a case are.

i didnt pull the trigger but i love seeing the prices fall

FUCK! I have a Force GT. But it's still not full. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

i shoulda not skimped on price and gone with two force 80 gt's

haha i know the feeling i keep mine relatively empty to keep speed up

The Amazon link has a wrong description. Look at the images that depict performance on the 512GB drive. The write speeds are wrong because the wrong drive is pictured.

Back