Crucial 500GB P1 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD $59.95

1TB version is $110. How does it compare to the Intel 660P series? I know both are low end for NVMe drives but are they good enough for an OS drive compared to a typical SATA drive like the MX500 and Sandisk Ultra IIs?

Expected availability: 7-14 business days

500 GB drive: 1900/950 speeds, meh
1 TB drive: 2000/1700 speeds, meh but not as meh as the 500 GB but quite slower than other drives

This is not that hot right now given you can get a very good TLC drive for $129.99 (it's Microcenter, but it ships). You give up a ton of consistency and endurance to save $20, which is maybe justifiable if you are looking for a ton of capacity as read-only storage for e.g. games or archived video footage, but probably not worth it as an OS drive.

This is not that hot right now given you can get a very good TLC drive for $129.99 (it's Microcenter, but it ships). You give up a ton of consistency and endurance to save $20, which is maybe justifiable if you are looking for a ton of capacity as read-only storage for e.g. games or archived video footage, but probably not worth it as an OS drive.

I get that TLC should definitely Outlast QLC but at the same time you're talking 3 year vs 5 year warranty.

The 500gb ones are the decent deals either way. $60/65 for an nvme drive with a 5 year warranty is pretty solid.

Ideally you wouldn't use this as your os drive but at that price with that warranty you could get away with it as long as you're aware there's potentially an RMA in your future.

I'm done with SSDs I keep moving the stuff to a HDD once the game is no longer being played.
I have x3 1TB SSDs satas and x2 256 x1 500 gig.

Sure I would like them all to be 4TB SSDs but if they fail I'm really screwed.

With so many TLC/3d-vnand drives still out there & the terrible sustained write performance of QLC I won't touch QLC. Pricing is almost the same between them so why choose QLC?

I'm done with SSDs I keep moving the stuff to a HDD once the game is no longer being played.
I have x3 1TB SSDs satas and x2 256 x1 500 gig.

Sure I would like them all to be 4TB SSDs but if they fail I'm really screwed.

Generally I just uninstall if I'm not playing. I back up the save files on my mech drive.

Back