Crucial 128GB C-300.....$199.99

Old Hippie

Supreme [H]ardness
Crucial 128GB C-300 at Newegg.

Use code EMCKFKJ22.

Great drive at a great price!!

And the Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G2K5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive is 174.49.

The intel 120gb is also $199 after $30 mail rebate. A decent deal either way. This is good because no mail in rebate.

Good deal on the c300, especially in light of Crucial's m4 review.

Not a good price on the x25-m 80GB though. Two weeks ago Intel's 120GB was on sale for only ~$177 (after MIR) and the 80GB version frequently sells for ~$130-150.

Crucial 128GB C-300 at Newegg.

Use code EMCKFKJ22.

Great drive at a great price!!

And the Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH080G2K5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive is 174.49.

Tempting.

Very. Since the new drives are getting lack luster reviews, the C300 still looks like the best bang for the buck right now. I've been waiting for a few months to get an SSD. I've got it in my cart, just pondering on whether to click the the "Submit Order" button or not.

How is the C400 not getting good reviews? So what if it didnt double the speed. Its a nice boost from the C300, doesnt have the stutter bug that the C300 has, and you can get them for barely any more money ($235 on superbiiz with coupon).

$200 is a good clearance deal on the C300 though.

How is the C400 not getting good reviews? So what if it didnt double the speed. Its a nice boost from the C300, doesnt have the stutter bug that the C300 has
The reviews I read weren't bad but the weren't good.

Since the C300 was "king" many expected the same thing with the new models.

Other manfgs have "caught-up" in the SSD performance race and quantum leaps aren't avaliable in this SSD refresh.

Finally! I have been waiting for a semi decent deal on one of these for 2 weeks! Thank god my raid array lasted this long... I was getting new errors every day heh.

Very tempting.....I think I have the occasional stutter for the C300 that I have and I've been wanting a larger SSD for awhile now.....

Don't forget the $25 off $100 at newegg with a new account setup; not sure if it is working today, but on those drives that DON'T need a code (OCZ Vertex, Intel X25) you could snag a 120 GB drive for ~$175 before taxes.

I think the E version is the one to stay away from.

Nice job OCZ!

Even guys that want to buy an OCZ SSD don't know what model to buy.

And you guys still wanna purchase from them?

I guess there's a touch of masochism in every crowd. :D

Don't forget the $25 off $100 at newegg with a new account setup; not sure if it is working today, but on those drives that DON'T need a code (OCZ Vertex, Intel X25) you could snag a 120 GB drive for ~$175 before taxes.

Expired yesterday.

How is the C400 not getting good reviews? So what if it didnt double the speed. Its a nice boost from the C300, doesnt have the stutter bug that the C300 has, and you can get them for barely any more money ($235 on superbiiz with coupon.

Since I'm the only one who had mentioned the Crucial m4, did you actually read the review I linked? I never said the m4 was getting bad reviews, but Crucial admitted read speed took a hit, and a number of Anandtech's tests bear that out. In most situations the m4 is a better drive than the c300, but it's enough of a mixed bag that some users will look elsewhere.

Anand Lal Shimpi said:
I'm not sure whether to call the m4 an evolutionary upgrade in performance or a shift in performance. Write speed is faster across the board, but read speed took a definite hit compared to the C300. Overall Crucial has a faster drive on its hands, one that's particularly well suited to most of our lighter workloads. It's only in our new 2011 heavy multitasking workload that the m4 really fell short. For your average desktop usage model, the m4 is either the best or second best you can get.

The C300 is out of stock.

The Vertex 2's are still there, but does anyone know if they are the 25nm NANDs?

Woo.. picked up a C300 128gb an hour ago. Now I'm glad I did. Gonna be my first SSD, should be okay if I don't have 6gbps ports yet right? Gonna replace my 2x640gig raid0 setup. Can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device

Since I'm the only one who had mentioned the Crucial m4, did you actually read the review I linked? I never said the m4 was getting bad reviews, but Crucial admitted read speed took a hit, and a number of Anandtech's tests bear that out. In most situations the m4 is a better drive than the c300, but it's enough of a mixed bag that some users will look elsewhere.

I read it a day or so ago. Read speeds dont mean anything unless you plan on doing a lot of large transfers. For an OS drive, they said its the top, or possibly second best SSD available.

I read it a day or so ago. Read speeds dont mean anything unless you plan on doing a lot of large transfers. For an OS drive, they said its the top, or possibly second best SSD available.

For most people, ANY decent ssd will be fine as an OS drive while the last part of your comment is just repeating exactly what I posted above and linked to earlier. Read speeds may not matter to you, but not everyone has the same usage patterns. However, Anand offered up a further caveat regarding the m4:

My remaining concerns with the m4 are really not that different from those I had with the C300. Crucial's very late garbage collection allows the possibility for some very poor write speeds over time. If you're running in a configuration without TRIM support, I'd say this is enough to rule out the m4.

They'll be back and cheaper.......but not today.;)

Aye. Prices on older ssds above 100GB probably won't hit the $1/GB mark, but they'll prolly drop a fair bit lower than current.

For most people, ANY decent ssd will be fine as an OS drive while the last part of your comment is just repeating exactly what I posted above and linked to earlier. Read speeds may not matter to you, but not everyone has the same usage patterns. However, Anand offered up a further caveat regarding the m4:

Any SSD is going to be crappy if you arent using TRIM, aposed to if you were. GC only does so much.

Any modern SSD will be better then a HDD for an OS drive sure, but if thats all that matters then people should just buy the cheapest they can find. But its not.

All I said was the C400 reviews werent bad or lackluster. They are a nice upgrade over the C300 for basically no cost increase (when the C300 isnt on sale). Its the same thing with Intel, their new drives are only slightly better then last gen, but prices are the same. So whats it really matter?

Me personally, I just bought the Samsung 470 128Gb last night for $235 shipped, and I think I got a better deal. But thats because I wanted a balanced drive that isnt a one trick pony, and that is reliable.

Sweet, waited patiently until it got back in stock. In for one and a bracket for my new ASRock 870 Extreme3 w/SATA-III.

Well you guys convinced me. This will be my first ever SSD and Win7 boot drive for the 2500k build I am going to start working on soon. :)

Well you guys convinced me. This will be my first ever SSD and Win7 boot drive for the 2500k build I am going to start working on soon. :)

Same here. I sent back all my stuff previously bought in the Cougar Point recall, and just picked up everything but this SSD this weekend. Can't wait for it to get here.

Instead of piecing together parts over the course of weeks or months, you should save money until you can buy it all at once. Prices are constantly dropping, it makes no sense to piece together a system over time. The price you paid for this SSD probably won't be so great in another couple months.

Instead of piecing together parts over the course of weeks or months, you should save money until you can buy it all at once. Prices are constantly dropping, it makes no sense to piece together a system over time. The price you paid for this SSD probably won't be so great in another couple months.

Not true on all parts. Mobo's already jumped in price once this year, May is rumored to have another price jack, etc. With the issues in Japan, prices on all sorts of things are going up. Who knows what else might go up, RAM, etc.?

Back