CRT Dead.. LG w2363d is really my only choice?

flegg

[H]ard|Gawd
So the LG w2363d appears to be the only 120hz monitor with 100% verified <4ms input lag. Unfortunately you all say the PQ/colors are awful. Problem is there is no other monitor that does what a CRT can in terms of response and lag.

So it looks like I'm stuck with buying this until something better comes out? I guess I'll just buy a used one from somebody who couldn't live with the bad PQ and just save my money and wait.

Only some of the 120hz Acer models have noticeable lag input lag (1 frame). If you are getting your numbers from places like Flat Panels HD and 3D Vision blog and you should know they were obtained with inaccurate and dated testing methodology.

Typically only displays with resolution scaling (a few 1200p IPS and 1400-1600p displays) have a delay.

The Samsung 700D/750D, Planar SA2311W, Asus VG236H and BenQ XL2420T are what you want.

Um you mean the 23"? S23a700d or what are you talking about?
ah yes - i thought the newer samsung 120hz were 24" and 27"

couldn't really find reliable input lag results with google though
only read its supposed to be <1 frame

The LG is a really good display. I had it as well as the Asus 120hz panel, LG is more responsive and has less ghosting. A very good display. Though I had to sell it because of the dead pixels starting to appear after several months of use. There were five of them by the time I sold it. And there were none when I bought it...

2-3 frames?

3D Vision blog measured 0-24ms with an average of 10ms.

3 frames=3x16.7ms (1 frame) which, last time I checked is >24ms=<2 frames.... Except none of this matters because 3D vision blog does not test input lag properly and the actual input lag will be <10ms.

2-3 frames?

3D Vision blog measured 0-24ms with an average of 10ms.

3 frames=3x16.7ms (1 frame) which, last time I checked is >24ms=<2 frames.... Except none of this matters because 3D vision blog does not test input lag properly and the actual input lag will be <10ms.

it was tested at 120hz
24/8 = 3 frames

Back