Croteam VR Bundle: $14.99 Steam

mazeroth

Limp Gawd
I know this is a part of the Steam summer sale, but I just had to post this. I feel it's my duty. I've owned VR headsets since they were released (Vive, Rift CV1, now an Oculus Rift S) and have played a ton of VR games. I almost game exclusively in VR. I can say, with the utmost certainty, that the Serious Sam games in VR are the most fun I've ever had with a VR headset. I do decently with VR sickness, sometimes getting a little bit of a stomach ache, but I never have experienced it with these games. I've played through them a few times, and decided today I was going to play through them again (since I'm stuck at home). I jumped into Steam, saw the crazy $15 price for 5 games, and just needed to post it for you guys. Please, give these games a try. You can always request a refund if you're not satisfied. If these games never went on sale, and I knew how good they were, I would have no problem paying $100+ for the pleasure of playing them in VR.

Also, The Talos Principle is a fantastic puzzle game. It's like a free bonus.

Enjoy!

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5145/CROTEAM_VR_Bundle/

P.S. Serious Sam 4 is coming out next month. I don't see it having VR support, but like the other Serious Sam games, the VR versions are separate (they came out waaay before VR was mainstream).

I'm not sure how good any of these are, but that's a lotta VR for $15. Might have to consider it.

Still mouse and keyboard for controlls?
I've played through The First Encounter, and it uses VR controls.
While I wouldn't want to try steering the view in VR with a mouse, I haven't tried it, so can't confirm that either way.

I've played through The First Encounter, and it uses VR controls.
While I wouldn't want to try steering the view in VR with a mouse, I haven't tried it, so can't confirm that either way.
So house of dead style. Do you move with a thumb button? How do they compare to M and KB?

I played through all of them using the thumbsticks on the controllers for movement and strafing. Very fast movement, and zero VR sickness. They did an incredible job. You hold 2 weapons at a time, and aim with your controllers. Pull the triggers to fire. It's so intuitive it's crazy. It just works. You literally feel like you're inside of the game, really using the weapons. Shooting rockets out of the launcher is SOOO satisfying.

This guy does a decent job showing the game. You can start around the 5:00 mark:

Been trying to buy Rift S or Index since Alyx released. :mad:

Back