Crossover 2755AMG Review: 2560x1440 AH-IPS panel with Plasma Deposition Coating

Great review NCX, always informative. Has definitely been one of my go-to pages.

Does anyone know if this monitor supports DDC/CI brightness control? If it did it would be possible to lower the brightness even further than the minimum using supported utilities such as seen on this OCN thread and elsewhere.

Great review! I am looking to purchase a new monitor, mainly for work and this review is great. A few questions maybe the OP or someone else can help me answer...

-What is the native resolution of the monitor exactly? If it supports 4k @30hz, will running the display in 2560x1440 make the monitor look not as good as a monitor whose max res is 2560x1440?
-Can you purchase an aftermarket adjustable stand for this monitor? The ability to raise/lower the monitor without having to stack books underneath it is of great appeal to me.

Okatis said:
Does anyone know if this monitor supports DDC/CI.

Most monitors support DDC/CI, I guess I can try the software out. Reducing the contrast also reduces the brightness but degrades the color quality the more it is reduced.

1.) What is the native resolution of the monitor exactly? If it supports 4k @30hz, will running the display in 2560x1440 make the monitor look not as good as a monitor whose max res is 2560x1440?

2.) Can you purchase an aftermarket adjustable stand for this monitor?

1.) 2560x1440, it supports 4K @30hz but 2560x1440 is the native resolution.

2.) Of course.

Most monitors support DDC/CI, I guess I can try the software out. Reducing the contrast also reduces the brightness but degrades the color quality the more it is reduced.

That would great if you have the time. Often at night I set the brightness lower so my eyes don't bleed, being able to adjust it would be godsend :cool:

That would great if you have the time. Often at night I set the brightness lower so my eyes don't bleed, being able to adjust it would be godsend :cool:

It doesn't work and if it did it wouldn't matter since the software controls the brightness via software instead using the monitors OSD. It can't further reduce a compatible monitors brightness if it is already set to the lowest setting in the OSD.

With the glass cover, will it still look almost as sharp as a glossy finish - unlike regular AG coatings?

Gloss Q270 vs PDC 27QW
UT3cpz3.jpg

nLyD6Xo.jpg

Back