Crosshair Formula IV Extreme + Areca 1680IX, No detect

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
Evening Gentleman,

I just build my Crosshair Formula IV system, everything seems to work except two things.

My Areca Raid Controller doesn't seem to be initializing, goes directly to JMicron on the motherboard, and the JMicron has my Blu-Ray drive attached to it, in IDE mode, but it also doesn't detect it. The 1680IX isn't being show in the removable devices tab. Nor do I see it initialize, so I can't even Flash its firmware to the newest. System is in Signature, and meets all power, and assembly requirements. I plugged in all HDD's including both Boot Drives into the 1680IX. I believe I can boot fine from it correct? Thanks.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Post goes fine, and I see all LEDs turn on. On both the Raid Controller, and on the Motherboard, but seems to skip the Raid Controller. The Controller is on PCIE Lane 2. I turned off Lane 4. This motherboard has the Hydralogic chip, that might be messing with it, is something I think may happen. But it shouldn't. I don't need Hydralogic, I am running Native CrossfireX so if anyone knows how to shut it off, please let me know.

PCIE1: Radeon 6950 2GB
PCIE2: Areca 1680IX
PCIE3: Radeon 6950 2 GB
PCIE4: Off (Blocked by Radeon)
PCIE5: Asus Xense

I'd start by removing everything save one graphic card and the areca (without drives) and see what happens. If no change, you can test it on the other PCIe ports.

I did, I tested on all the ports, and I tested the areca on another pc, same thing. The two lights on the back are on, and theres a solid green light on the areca in the bottom.

The fan spins and it seems to work, but to my understanding, the McRaid Bios should initialize, but its not. Is my Areca messed up, or do I have to configure something, I was putting it on another pc to see if I could flash it to the newest bios, but even on another pc, it won't initialize.

Any ideas? Is there something I can do? Is there a flash mode, that will detect? For example the Adaptec raid controller I am used to, has a save mode etc. I need to see if the controller is working on it at this point.

Back