Crossfire HD6870 or single GTX570?

Homey D. Clown

Limp Gawd
Title pretty much says it all which would you go with and why? I already have all the cards mentioned just want people opinions.Almost forgot to mention i'm running this on a 43" Samsung Plasma with a resolution of 1280x720. The tv is 720p

Xfired 6870s normally beat out a 580 depending on the situation.
But a Xfire only benefits when used on an Xfire optimized game/program.
So it really just depends...
I really don't know too much about crossfire, so take what I said lightly.

If it's only those two options, the 570 hands down. The 6870s will be more powerful, but the 570 will have no problem driving that resolution at all. Plus, you won't have to worry about inherent problems with two or more cards (especially with Crossfire).

If it's only those two options, the 570 hands down. The 6870s will be more powerful, but the 570 will have no problem driving that resolution at all. Plus, you won't have to worry about inherent problems with two or more cards (especially with Crossfire).

Agreed.

Back to say after some internet searching, the 570 would be the more logical choice like already said.

Either will do with a single card, i dont quite get why you would want a dual card setup up for 720p

I purchased one of the 6870's when they were first released, and then about a month ago a friend of mine gave me his 6870 so that's how I ended up with two. The 570 I purchased because at the time it was too good a deal too pass up and I had wanted to give NVidia another try since it had been such a long time since my last one which was a 8800GTS 640mb,which I still have sitting in a drawer.

I purchased one of the 6870's when they were first released, and then about a month ago a friend of mine gave me his 6870 so that's how I ended up with two. The 570 I purchased because at the time it was too good a deal too pass up and I had wanted to give NVidia another try since it had been such a long time since my last one which was a 8800GTS 640mb,which I still have sitting in a drawer.

Sounds to me like you've got quite the LAN party collection. :D What I would give to have a few decent video cards lying about.

Back