Crop Circle Predicts End of the World

Maybe there is another world using powerful lasers for a airshow that makes images. The laser imprint ends up hitting earth sometimes.

Allright, who are the turkeys beating a chicken into the ground?

Occam's Razor says yes. Keeping your mind "open" to other ideas doesn't make sense when there *aren't* any.

Aliens? Why not god? Or Santa? Or the Easter Bunny? All are equally valid.

+0.5.

Aliens aren't exactly equivalent to a magic-based god seeing as aliens could conceivably be explained by biology and technology. Regardless, leaping to extremes of possibilities/theories to make life more exciting or 'important' isn't logically valid. Doing it with crop circles is really reaching--they aren't even technologically mystifying. If they were the modern-day equivalent of the first television or something they might be impressive enough to (temporarily) warrant explanation by magic or aliens, but they're geometric shapes flattened into a field of corn. WHOA. :eek: They're not even burned in by sharks with laser beams.

Wait.... wait, I looked at it while listening to the X-Files theme song. Changed my mind, DEFINITELY aliens. HAIL, CHICKEN!

What gets me is the philosophical leaps many people make in relation to phenomenon, like Crop Circles. Specifically, WTF does this have to do with the Mayans; and WTF do either of these have to do with "Armageddon"? Though I'm fairly certain that the nutters at Telegraph.co.uk were referring to the "Apocalypse" - but that's my point, they don't even know what they're saying...

Personally I can't wait for some time in January of 2013, when some of these people decide to crawl out from under their rock and realize... the World didn't END. Which means they're going to have to keep working, and eventually die of old age. :eek:

Heh..........Y2K all over again. We're going to lose all the electrical grids, the banks are going to fail, the computers will all crash, etc, etc. Remember? People were stockpilling ammo, food, candles..........

Hey.......someone needs to take a re-look at this stuff and bump up the time schedule for the Mayans, Nostra-dumbass, and the like. We can get a nice bump up for the economy when everyone panics, and spends/spends/spends.:D

Back