CRM for Tiny Business?

ZzBloopzZ

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey Guys,

I have a client with a small business that runs from his home. Basically, his company assembles items for display in retail store and assembles almost anything from bookshelves to swing sets for residential. He has so much business that he cannot keep up.

Currently, they only use paper or outlook. Two people will be actively using the CRM at the present time. He would like to keep records, including billing for all of his clients. A scheduling system would also be a plus where the techs could log in to check their schedules.

The other requirement is that it works on mac, PC and iPAD's. I am guessing a web based one would be best? The reason being that the assistant will be working from her home and has a PC while the owner has a mac/ipad.

Appreciate any feedback!

Check out any of these solutions...I've used them all and can help set up if needed.

1. Tactile CRM - FREE, Derived from an earlier version of Sugar CRM Community Edition
2. vTiger CRM - Super simple and cheap
3. Sugar CRM Community Edition (best bet)
4. Zendesk if you need something more helpdesk oriented

Your client first should write down a full list of the features and "actions" he would like to do with the system, than you can find the right solution for him.

SugarCRM is really nice but the free version doesn't include a lot of features. the paid version might be too expensive for SoHo.
If you're looking for more flexible solution that can manage invoices and such, V-Tiger is a really nice open-source solution, BUT! it require more time of first installation and customization.
Both of them require you to setup a server (30$ a month for vps, 1-2 hours of work), if you're looking for a pre-installed online solution, FreeCRM.com is also fine.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed information V4705. I will look through them and give a recommendation to my client.

Have a wonderful weekend! :c)

Back