Crit my Work

Not bad but I think that the flash might be too big. I personally run in 1024x768 and I have to scroll to see the entire thing. Or at least have it say "made for so so resolution or what not"

yea, im gonna chop the bottom down, I too run 1024x768. Im working on content. I should have a good chuck of it all done buy the end of next week.

your links dont work

haha but other than that i guess it looks good. I dont think anybody here really likes sites completly done in flash though...other than that at 1280x1024 it fits perfect...

/edit where in philly area r ya?

the layout itself is way to small, and the header is like as big as the content part :p .... although the header is awesome looking...also where ur jaggy navbar is...u should do something with the plain black lines...they just dont look right to me i dont kno why

you can never really have too small of a layout or too big of a header, ive seen smaller.

you should throw some colors in there maybe and set AA for the lines, they are a lil bit jaggy. keep workin on it. dont use too much blurr.

ive been trying to work on a new layout for myself for like the past 3 months, i never got it perfect yet either so just keep working on it until you find the style that your happy with.

I love it. It's cool. I'm amazed how much you get with only 30 lines of code... of course I have not seen the .swf.
A little color in the header may or may not help, I think that's up to you. It is hard to to tell thats a d in madcoww.

Don't you love people telling you to work on the content or that the links don't work? It's obviously a work in progress.

Originally posted by Excavator
Don't you love people telling you to work on the content or that the links don't work? It's obviously a work in progress.
yah...and i also love how sarchasim is lost on you

Yea, I think im pretty srcaping that whole design... Im trying to brainstorm a couple of setups.

I would suggest doing it as a widescreen since monitors are more wide than tall that way you have more room to work with. If you make your flash file 780x468 you can fit it comfortably in an 800x600 resolution.

Originally posted by chevy4x4trucks
I would suggest doing it as a widescreen since monitors are more wide than tall that way you have more room to work with. If you make your flash file 780x468 you can fit it comfortably in an 800x600 resolution.

Will do.:D

Mystery meat navigation... not good. The logo font and style could use some work... needs more color. :D

The color is staying grayscale, its consistant with my portfolio and pitch package. There will be dashes of color when I get thumbnails for the videos and flatwork done.

Your Java pop ups need to be resized, the quicktime movie is cut off at the bottom.

Also, I can't get the second movie to play. The first is 19MB and I'm not going to wait for that.

You need to figure out a way to stream the quicktime files. I would tell you how to do this, but I'm trying to figure it out myself.:(

I got streaming to work, you have to encoded the video to stream. For instance if you have premeire, open you clip in premeire, drop it on the timeline. Go to File>Export>Adobe Media Encoder. A new window will open up and you'll have the formats to use, I always use Quicktime. Then you can change the settings, like framerate, size, datarate, keyframeing. Then you re-render it out, and the quicktime will now stream.

Originally posted by pistola
I got streaming to work, you have to encoded the video to stream. For instance if you have premeire, open you clip in premeire, drop it on the timeline. Go to File>Export>Adobe Media Encoder. A new window will open up and you'll have the formats to use, I always use Quicktime. Then you can change the settings, like framerate, size, datarate, keyframeing. Then you re-render it out, and the quicktime will now stream.

When I open a clip in premeire and drop it in the time line, I can export the clip or movie. However, I never get the option for 'Adobe Media Encoder.'

I'm opening a .mov file in premiere, so maybe thats the problem. I used the Sorensen 3 coder in After Effects when I rendered. There's an option in that for streaming, but I can't change it and it's stuck at 'off'.

I'll have to mess around with it some more.:eek:

Couldn't figure it out in Premiere. Just wouldn't work(never gave me an option to stream.)

Tried it in After Effects and there was a box to check to add the 'hints' to stream. :cool:

Weird.

It might be the version of premeire your using, im using premeire pro 7. As for after effects, im not sure about that.

stream.jpg

I figured it out for After Effects, at least version 6. Instead of rendering out through the render queue. File>Export>Quicktime, then save your file name, and you'll get a window like this.......
stream02.jpg

In the video settings use, what ever compression you like, I use Mpeg4. But at the bottom you'll see "prepare for internet streaming" I think that you would pick Hinted Stream, and that should work.

Back