Creators Update automatically installing Games w/o permission

Do you think that Windows 7 enterprise is any different? You don't run Windows Update in true enterprise environments for example. You connect these clients to domains, build out custom images, set GPs, login scripts, etc. You don't just install an enterprise version ISO and be on your way in an enterprise environment. Not even with Windows 7.

I understand that, but there are many businesses that do not have a DC or GPO's or IT people who know better.

My point is MS pushing this down every possible avenue. In a perfect world we have GPO's and all the goodies. Now how long until this crap starts showing up in Windows Server...

I understand that, but there are many businesses that do not have a DC or GPO's or IT people who know better.

My point is MS pushing this down every possible avenue. In a perfect world we have GPO's and all the goodies. Now how long until this crap starts showing up in Windows Server...

I don't recommend DC's for small businesses anymore, they're no more than a single point of massive failure, shift everything to a business grade cloud service. Having said that group policy can be defined on individual machines, but that's a PITA that shouldn't be necessary in the first place and in the case of Windows 10 Professional vs Windows 10 Enterprise, it's limited and becoming more limited with every update.

I don't recommend DC's for small businesses anymore, they're no more than a single point of massive failure, shift everything to a business grade cloud service. Having said that group policy can be defined on individual machines, but that's a PITA that shouldn't be necessary in the first place and in the case of Windows 10 Professional vs Windows 10 Enterprise, it's limited and becoming more limited with every update.

Business grade cloud services only work in communities with reliable internet that isn't prone to a single point of failure unfortunately.

But Yeah I still do a couple DC's (only) on low energy hardware (think AM1 and less)

Back