Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card $50 shipped - Creative Outlet Store

Picked one up. After down grading to the onboard AC97 a while back, I forgot how much a world of difference a sound card can make in the fidelity department.

Im still rockin an audigy 2 zs in my desktop, still going strong after all these years

I'm considering this for my HTPC. Right now I'm running optical out to my receiver from the on-board AC '97. Would this be an upgrade to that or would it not matter because it's just outputting optical to a receiver? I do get some hissing from my speakers and am hoping a better sound card will fix it.

Just wanted to say I got my titanium today, my Xtreme Gamer card died about 6 months ago and I've been waiting for a deal since then. MAN AM I PLEASED, I never want to suffer through on-board audio EVER again.

Hope everyone that is need jumps on this, seems like it's still going.

Not seeing anything about warranty here. Anyone?

e: 90-day.

e: Dealbreaker:

I get occasional popping sounds because the sound card is one eighth of an inch away from my video card in my computer. This is a known issue and is unavoidable on the crowded motherboard on my computer. Its due to EMF intereference. Its resolvable if you can leave an empty space between this card and any other cards, and is why the higher end card has a metal EMF shield.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I got my titanium today, my Xtreme Gamer card died about 6 months ago and I've been waiting for a deal since then. MAN AM I PLEASED, I never want to suffer through on-board audio EVER again.

Hope everyone that is need jumps on this, seems like it's still going.

I had been using onboard sound for a while and while it really is pretty decent compared to my old Audigy 2 I once had, I have to admit, the X-FI titanium was a immediate and noticeable upgrade in audio quality. Detail and Clarity with my 5.1 speakers is much improved....really a good upgrade for only $50.

have had the 75$ model for a while now, bought it new. I rec getting one (either pci-e ver). The drivers don't suck ass like the pci versions and will actually clear up some of the oddities in the old versions.

Looks like I need to invest in a better sound card. AC97 isnt good for driving DT770 Pro's lol. My Auzentech HDA Xplosion's headphone port went out about a year ago so I have been stuck with onboard sound since. If I was smart I would dig out my Hercules GameTheaterXP and use it since it worked just fine.

I'm jumping in on this since I've still got an X-Fi Platinum PCI sound card.

I would love my pci-e X-Fi Fatality if it wasn't for the intermittent static and crap sound that is a know issue with no support from creative. The card sounds great when it is working correctly though.

Just bit from amazon. Got the prime membership so I'll get it on sat for only 3.99!!!

I got mine a week or so ago and it's on par with my pci xfi. I have twice woken my pc from sleep to see that windows didn't see the card. I rebooted once and the other time changed my speaker config and then changed it back to fix it. Possibly due sleeping while music was playing though i don't remember having this issue with the pci version. Otherwise no noticeable changed from an Extreme Music.

Yeah, there's no way. Creative blows as far as drivers and customer support. Almost as bad as Adobe :)

I've always heard people say this but I've owned 2 dif creative based cards for about 6 yrs and not once have I had a driver problem. The only thing ever is now my auzen forte won't play in headphone mode on windows 7, does fine in stereo though so no problem.

I have had my X-Fi Xtreme Music for years now and have had no issues whatsoever with it. Great card. Loved it with BF2!

I am still able to find drivers/updates for it.

I looked into upgrading, but I didn't think I would notice much of a difference.

When I upgraded to my auzen forte from the extreme music I went back n forth a/b'ing and the extreme music had less dynamic sound and noticeably softer sounding.. which was pleasant for some types of music but the auzen forte kicks ass very dynamic, clean detailed bass, sharp highs... it's easily noticeable on good speakers or nice headphones. If you have shit speakers or cans don't expect to see a big difference as they are the limiting factor.

Last edited:
probably because of a few years ago, creative really did suck at releasing even basic bug fixes. They seem to be okay, now :)

Just ordered one myself. $50 shipped not bad considering most places it would have been around $100. I needed one after I found out my new motherboard doesn't even have regular PCI slots, so I had to ditch my old xfi fatalaty1 pci sound card...

If all I use is HDMI out (video card) to my reciever and optical out (onboard) to my headphones would I notice anything from having a dedicated soundcard? I was under the impression this bypasses the DAC and everything else that makes having a good soundcard worthwhile?

There might be a few software enhancement tweaks, but yes, for the most part it is useless getting a sound card for digital output.

If all I use is HDMI out (video card) to my reciever and optical out (onboard) to my headphones would I notice anything from having a dedicated soundcard? I was under the impression this bypasses the DAC and everything else that makes having a good soundcard worthwhile?

You'll lose the hardware processing (EAX 5, CMSS-3D, Crystalizer, etc) the X-Fi offers. For music, it's a moot point, but there are/were games that benefit from EAX5 (the most notable one that comes to mind is BF2).

The HDMI path should skip those entirely anyway, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyone recommend a front audio panel solution? My speakers do not have a headphone jack and would like an easy way to plug my headphones in and control the volume.

there's a way to plug in your front panel connector onto the X-Fi connector. You just have to research the X-fi connector to ensure you line up the pins correctly.

The front panel on my case does not have volume control. I was looking for something like the I/O Drive that comes with the $199 SB card.
Or if someone could recommend a good 2.1 speaker set that has the headphone connector on the speakers.

Is the analog input lag (like from a microphone) still a problem with Windows 7? I realize this a microsoft problem, not creative's, but is there any improvements with this card and current drivers?

I figured it was the same. But on my new motherboard PCI has been eliminated I only have Pci Express lanes so I needed a pci express sound card. I was just about to buy the card at tigerdirect for $100. I'm glad I saw this thread saved me $50 :)

The front panel on my case does not have volume control. I was looking for something like the I/O Drive that comes with the $199 SB card.
Or if someone could recommend a good 2.1 speaker set that has the headphone connector on the speakers.

What kind of shit 2.1 system doesn't have this functionality? It should be on the speaker or on the remote control for any decent system.

Right on, those speakers rock. Build quality second to none... and more importantly they sound great and make replacement parts.

e: Dealbreaker:

I get occasional popping sounds because the sound card is one eighth of an inch away from my video card in my computer. This is a known issue and is unavoidable on the crowded motherboard on my computer. Its due to EMF intereference. Its resolvable if you can leave an empty space between this card and any other cards, and is why the higher end card has a metal EMF shield.

Not true. I have the X-Fi Titanium and it sits DIRECTLY next to my video card and I get no interference whatsoever, even on the HD audio cable that is laying next to the card as well. Might depend on the video card but it's definitely not always the case.

My X-fi PCI Express card sits right in top of both of my 480 in SLI, no interference at all. Now I have an Asus rampage 3 formula board. From the onboard sound to the X-Fi, I notice more umph, to the sound. My closes comparison would be to, listen to a song in the AM radio band, now listen to the same song in FM radio band, thats the difference I hear.

I picked up one of these for my new sandy bridge pc and been happy with it so far... finally running optical to my receiver.. woo! Well worth the 50 bones for a good pci-e sound card imo.

I picked up one of these for my new sandy bridge pc and been happy with it so far... finally running optical to my receiver.. woo! Well worth the 50 bones for a good pci-e sound card imo.

no doubt.. for 50$ and your using on board.. you got to hop on this.

Think there's a difference between this and the X-Fi Platinum other than the drive bay?
The X-Fi platinum is a PCI
This is a PCI-X

Last edited:
Can someone who has this card take a quick measurement of how long it is? I'm considering putting one in the open slot between my reference 6970 and 6950. If it'll fit in there without blocking the inlet on the cooler of the 6970, that would be slick.

Back