Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Asus Crosshair IV Formula ?

threedd97

Limp Gawd
Will this card even work on this motherboard? I noticed there are no PCIe 1x slots and I'm confused if this card can work on this board.

As long as you have a free PCI-E slot it you can use it. It doesn't have to go in a x1 slot.

Okay thanks a bunch. I was just confused because the normal pcie slots are much larger than the male contacts on the card.

Yes as said it will work in the small form pci-e slot or the large pci-e slots. May look weird to you but it will work.

Yeah ur good. I mean unless you want to load your board with 3+ graphics cards your fine. BUUUUUT make sure that you're putting it in a slot that's x16 full. SOME slots if you use then will cause your video card to go down to 8x. However if your motherboard is a full x16 and x16 for video your fine.

Oh I can't use it then. My board has 4 pcie but only 2 are 16x and I will be running xfire. Oh well.

The difference between 8x and 16x is not much. You might loose 4 - 6fps(if that much) and that would be it. Just use the card in the lowest pci-e slot. Unless you have a 1x slot you can get to.

Yes the 4x is perfect. It's not meant for graphics to begin with and your card is only 1x. That was a good choice.

Just check your owners manual to see what PCI-E lanes are shared on a particular slot, Asus is very good about notating that. I have the M4A89TD-Pro/USB3 from Asus and when I ran my Asus DX souncard in the 4X slot, my internet connection would sometimes drop. After a quick review of the manual I learned that it shared the lane with the Realtek LAN. I reseated the sound card and everything has been rosy ever since. Just a few minutes homework and you'll be sitting pretty.

Back